[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 9 KB, 420x420, let's think about that for a minute....png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22196162 No.22196162 [Reply] [Original]

Anybody here actually manage to stake with Kleros and act as a juror on cases? I have 44k PNK and gas fees are so high I'm wondering if it's better to stake as much as possible up front so as to minimize the need for multiple transfers. Also, if you receive ETH and PNK from voting with the majority, is it sent back to your wallet immediately/each time? I think this is a relevant concern because it seems like the payouts wouldn't cover the gas fees required to transfer it back to yourself anyway - which negates the point.

>> No.22196523

I'll bump your thread because I would also like to know. I think any pnk rewarded for voting coherently gets added to your staked amount which should show up in your wallet as well. My stakes are still displayed in Metamask.

>> No.22196541
File: 1.27 MB, 800x781, 1598688832707.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22196162
bumping for fun

>> No.22196623

>>22196162
i would like to hear a firsthand experience from someone whos been taken to kleros court

>> No.22196780

>>22196523
>]
That would make the most sense, but my main point of concern is the ETH. You don't stake any ETH for the court, so there shouldn't be any 'balance' of ETH to add your voting reward to until such time you decide to unstake/transfer it.

>> No.22196898

>>22196523
Having re-read your post again and reexamined some of the court dashboard images from the Kleros site, my gut so far is telling me that your juror info in the court dashboard is tied to your metamask wallet address, so theoretically your awarded ETH can be henceforth attributed to you without necessarily having to have it sent 'off-court' and thus get dinged by gas fees.

This is all speculative obviously, but it would truly be retarded if you accrued a net loss for participating.

>> No.22196974

>>22196898
I think you're right anon. from my understanding at least. 8k pnklet here. i havn't tried it tho.

>> No.22197187

>>22196974
I think at this point the prospect is still enticing enough that I'd be willing to try it even if there's the possibility of operating at loss for the lower reward courts. For one, I'd like to get a feel for how the whole thing operates in general and I expect that there is a bit of a learning curve anyway so if getting some practice in the lower courts where the ETH reward doesn't cover the gas fees then it might still be worth it to get some practice with it so I'm in a better position to take full advantage of the higher stakes courts which definitely pay enough to make the risks worth it.

Secondly, the design of the payout system might also be geared more towards having PNK be the intended compensation mechanism with the ETH reward is there basically to facilitate the transfer and staking process.

I suppose we won't know unless one of us runs the gauntlet and reports back with what they find out. I can take one for the team since /biz/ has blessed me with some very profitable advice and entertainment recently so I'll consider my chance to pay it forward.