[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 6 KB, 250x250, 1544851161828.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22146412 No.22146412 [Reply] [Original]

The task is simple. Give a clear, cogent and concise explanation for if/when/why you think BTC will ever breach its old ATH of $20K, and if/when/why you think it will ever smash through $100K.

Personally, I think it will arrive at $20K before EOY, and hit $100K in Q3 2021. It has a strong and time-tested narrative going for it which simply says that it's time for it to moon. BTC fundamentals stink, but in the clown world we live in narratives are the only thing that matter anymore, and the narrative says that line should go up now.

>> No.22146562

if there is an actual crash, not a spike like march but an enduring crash, I could see bitcoin running up. I don’t really see that
crash happening but time will tell. If it doesn’t happen I don’t really see any kind of fomo for btc, especially if the monetary system really does start going fully digital and looking to tokens that have utility in the new sphere. I can see btc price perhaps keeping pace with the growth rate of the economy, like gold, but I don’t see a breakout happening. So breaching the ATH and beyond wouldn’t be based on any real price action beyond the inherent growth of the whole system

>> No.22146636

>>22146562
>if there is an actual crash, not a spike like march but an enduring crash, I could see bitcoin running up.
What would stop bitcoin and all crypto from following the same pattern it followed in March, where it just tracked the stock market?

>> No.22146798

>>22146412
Your answer right here.

https://digitalik.net/btc/

>> No.22147398

>>22146798
that is precisely the narrative I am talking about. I'm simply curious to hear the rationale of people who think that the rainbow stock to flow log chart isn't sufficient on its own to propel BTC to new heights (I think it is, because we live in clown world where money is seeking yield at any risk level because the FED has pushed safe yields to below zero in real terms).

>> No.22147586

>>22147398
>>22146412
It's garbage tech, it doesn't scale, and there are no good plans in the works to make it scale. $1000 transaction fees will kill any bull run dead in its tracks long before it hits 100000.