[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 169 KB, 1067x1040, STA6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22144050 No.22144050 [Reply] [Original]

New thread, old will max out soon.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I frequent /biz/ and I am a top 25 wallet holder of STATERA. Please understand that my intention is not to shill but to generate discussion regarding the pros/cons of the following project as a possible moonshot.

To begin this discussion, I will ask, "What is an index fund?"
An index fund is a fund that can track a specified basket of underlying investments and in this case: BTC, ETH, LINK, and SNX all "balanced" with STA. These coins are set in the fund at a specified percent so as one goes up or down the others are automatically bought or sold to balance risk and maximize profit.
HOWEVER, the key is that STA is deflationary (whenever a STA transaction happens for buying/selling/pooling, 1% of said transaction is burned). This token burn along with tokens being locked in pools, pressures prices up to again make sure the other coins will be balanced, but also creates arbitrage opportunities across funds.

Why is increasing volume, liquidity and arbitrage useful with STATERA?
Well while pooling STATERA you earn a percent of all transaction fees in the liquidity pool. Please feel free to read the medium article outlining the first 2-3 months which came out to be an APY of 36% essentially creating dividends where there were none (https://medium.com/@stateraproject).).
The power of STA is that the ripple effect of: (1) compounded fees, (2) token burn, (3) price pulled by balancing with ETH, BTC, SNX and LINK leads to an exponential effect and positive feedback loop on price. This leads to the concept created by STATERA known as "Volume Farming."

>> No.22144069
File: 139 KB, 958x761, STAgame.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22144050
Can the team dump?
No, this is the most decentralized token as the project much like BTC is out of Satoshi's hands, STA is out of the hands of the devs who only own <4%. In fact, I own more STATERA than some of the devs.

Can’t I just hold BTC, ETH, LINK or any other coins and balance my own index fund?
Yes, but can you add in a way to collect dividends (>36% APY) on your coins based solely on their volume/trading? Can you add in a mechanism that causes constant upward pressure in your index fund? Can you capitalize on every arbitrage opportunity for all the above coins to auto-balance and make gains when possible 24/7? Can you do all of the above in a trustless and truly decentralized (largest holder ~6% of supply) manner?

What is the low volume/high volatility problem?
If an asset or contract has low volume then it is susceptible to high volatility. This leads to the premature failure of many promising projects and contracts early in development and is one of the main barriers to a fully decentralized and digital world. A simple quant balancer cannot solve this as in finance 1.0 because if the volatilty is too high then such a balancer is subject to fail also. However the addition of a deflationary mechanism creates inherent feedback ensuring that it cannot fail unless the entire digital market (ETH, BTC, LINK) collapses. It allows new projects and new contracts to solve the initial growing pains of high volatility and manipulation.
But what if bad actors simply manipulate STA?
This is why the fully decentralized aspect is important.

>> No.22144079

Heaven in scam hell

>> No.22144105
File: 2.12 MB, 480x270, STA1.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22144069
But what if no one uses it?
Then it fails. However, here are some possible reasons to support why it will be used include: First-mover advantage (FMA) and simply put, people are already using it. If BAL and subsequently Phoenix go on coinbase then it will not be long until STA is cemented as the industry standard. However, this is the key. If we do not utilize this tool then it will fail. This does not mean we need more people buying it. But more people using it and allowing it to be integrated into their pools, funds, contracts, etc. If more projects integrate it then new buyers are not necessary and therefore new holders of STA are not needed to generate income using STATERA as a community balancing tool.

Why is the price so low if this project is so promising?
This project was greatly anticipated, and it is still very young (4 months old) and it was very bullish since its inception. However, BALANCER labs was hacked utilizing the STATERA deflationary mechanism which has since been fixed utilizing the Delta token. Even more impressive is that STATERA and then BAL refunded the tokens lost during the hack which given the steep increase in price of the tokens we far more money than the initial investors lost. Crypto YT personalities such as Bitboy crypto, Chico Crypto and Ivan on Tech have all promoted STATERA with Ivan and Bitboy promoting STA and the applauding the refunds separately.

>> No.22144109

Fucking pamp it so i can get out of this nightmare

>> No.22144135
File: 139 KB, 400x600, STA5.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22144105
So why is this a moonshot?
Given how young this project is and the rapid growth it has had from $0.03 to a local peak of $0.46 followed by a correction to $0.15-$0.30, it has garnered great interest in /biz/ where it is now behind chainlink as one of the most promising projects for a "long-term hold". The number of holders continues to grow and is currently at ~4400 with volume rising regularly and recovered significantly since the price dip from the BAL hack. However, despite how bullish the community are, it is still only a 11 mill mcap to 30 mill mcap coin. Given the use case and integration with blue-chip coins it is not unreasonable to see it achieve an mcap of a top 50 coin, but that is conjecture on my part. Beyond this the project's team is actively working on new ways to increase liquidity, volume, transaction fees, arb opportunities, etc. by getting STA listing on multiple new exchanges including 5 new exchanges coming in September, 2020, and new integrations and pools for STATERA to balance.

I am happy to discuss price projections and the calculations that went into it, but the current models used for price prediction will need to be taken with a grain of salt given the assumptions made in the models (BTC reaching 80k by EONY, for example). For now, I am happy to have had your attention. Please let me know your thoughts and recommendations as they are greatly appreciated.

>> No.22144260

Bleeding and crabbing for weeks after a huge pump, it’s the Statera way. Now mix it up with some SUSHI fomo and gas issues and we are here.

Have to keep in mind the support at the moment is way higher than what it was before the previous pump. With a bit of luck and nice fomo Statera will easily reach a new ath. Judging by its history it might even pass $1 this time. We just need to be patient.

>> No.22144368

>>22144260
That is the thing thought. STA is a comfy hold but right now there is a lot of insta grat fomo pumps. Think about how many coins would 5x and make fun of chainlink for dumping and crabbing? I held that fucker while it felt like ALL THESE OTHER SHITCOINS PUMPED. But you know what? Link hit top 5 and will eventually be top 3 from 120 and all those other projects that made fun of us are forgotten.

You could say STATERA has STAying power :)

>> No.22144399
File: 43 KB, 548x620, 0c78aa682d145f8d787ab1ad1f728834.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Whales and swingers do not matter.
Reject fudders.
Embrace Statera.
Together, we can all make it.
We just have to keep believing.
Go zen mode on your hodl and everything will be fine.

>> No.22144433

>>22144368
I just wish those who bailed for other tokens would take some of those profits back to STA. Especially that sushi whale who dumped like 1.5M.

>> No.22144461
File: 86 KB, 1000x618, 1598993753643.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22144433
>>22144399
CHECKED
BASED
WE ARE IN A BLESSED THREAD

>> No.22144489
File: 175 KB, 1280x720, STAfountain.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22144461
Indeed almost forgot 11/9/202 and 14 weeks left till $10

>> No.22144514

>>22144260
You put my thoughts into words. Gonna close internet for 2 months and come back, thats how confident I am about this moonSTAr

>> No.22144767

>>22144260
based

>> No.22144927
File: 661 KB, 1628x933, 1598580952473.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Hopefully the team is getting work done behind the scenes while we're just bleeding.

>> No.22145086

I wanna get some of this off digifinex so I was thinking I might want to buy Eth w/ credit card, and then trade Eth for STA, but it says that US citizens are not supported. Has anyone from the U.S. tried purchasing Eth w/ credit card via digifinex? I don't have any other method of getting any atm.

>> No.22145108

>>22145086
Try cuckbase—>uniswap

>> No.22145225

>>22145108
I bought some eth on coinbase a few days ago and I still can't transfer any of it to a wallet to use uniswap. I just keep waiting and waiting.

>> No.22145245

>>22144050
If you know, you know

>> No.22145341

>>22145245
if you know what faggot?? you dipshits just keep saying "if you know you know", without any further explanation.. It makes you sound extremely retarded and schizophrenic. Someone explain or I'm declaring you all retards

>> No.22145361
File: 891 KB, 750x3000, 1576777997312.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Image guide for aspiring STArs

>> No.22146148

>>22145341
>he doesn't

>> No.22146233

What's to stop this from becoming GVT 2.0?

>> No.22146344

Been reflecting and taking stock of Statera. Looking back just 2 months back, it felt like the project had behind it a group of professionals who were committed, in stark contrast to today, where you have a megan and an Abu bakr basically ruining it. The hack, and subsequent acrimony with balancer, and the refund seemed to have drained the teams energy and finances. I guess there is no team now, and no money left to market. And this is the worry: pay peanuts get monkeys, there is now a strong incentive for team members to swing. They have no means of generating income otherwise.

Its a quandary. It is a good project but i don't see how in the near future the project can attract the right talent to guide it forwards.

>> No.22146397

>>22144433
I remember Sushi Whale. What a chad tho. He would not be a whale if he was married to his assets though he seemed apologetic in the TG.

>> No.22146430

>>22146344
The Comms immediately following the hack was professional. Now we have a tranny schizing on its grassroots over supposed slights.

>> No.22146575

>>22146344
Come to XMM the waters warm.

>> No.22146959

Anyone have any screenshots of this Megan tranny going on a powertrip?

>> No.22147166

>>22146344
I'm sure the STA shills will eventually hop on this with their blind bullishness but this is the most concerning thing. It's a good project with a terrible team, who are also broke now. How is this team going to fund any additional exchange listings now? Lets not pretend like the two today are actual exchanges either.

>> No.22147356

>>22145245
ANSWER ME YOU FAGGOT
>>22145341

>> No.22147362

>>22146344
i agree. i've been in since 8c, held through the hack all the way up to here. watching the telegram activity die because people who speak up are banned, or the remaining ones are scared to speak up is heartbreaking. fucking obscene that the tranny admits to swing trading, then bans people for calling other people 'swingies' because its derogatory. i guess having someone on to mod 20 hours a day sounded great for the team initially, but s/he has done so much fucking damage. the coin and idea is genius. what's currently happening is not, lets be real.