[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 556 KB, 1600x1200, Credit-cards.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
221418 No.221418[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

So, I'm 21 and graduating from college in May. Up until this point I've striven to live within my means and have managed to earn the funds to avoid fueling the debt machine. However, I have no credit. This is going to seriously cripple me as life goes on.

What above do you have about applying for a credit card and beginning to build credit?

>> No.221428

You should be able to get a basic credit card without a history (especially if you get it through a bank where you hold an account).

>> No.221443

>>221418
>*What advice do you have...

Pardon the errors. I'm on my mobile.

>> No.221462

>>221428
Yep, get a credit card through your bank.

Also budget all of your expenses.

>> No.221518

Bumb

>> No.221594

>>221418
>However, I have no credit

Not even student loans?

>What above do you have about applying for a credit card and beginning to build credit

Only apply for rewards cards with no monthly fees and pay off the balance in full each month. Get relatives or friends to co-sign or wait till you land a real job who's wage is more than enough to pay for any bill you might rack up.

>> No.221759

Secured credit card through your bank.

>> No.221992

>This is going to seriously cripple me as life goes on.

I see Jewish influence in you, young one.

>> No.222082

same boat as you

fuck credit

fuck credit cards

itll cripple you if youre a massive faggot

>> No.222250

>>222082

Then don't be a massive faggot.

Pay off your monthly statement every month and you'll never pay a dime in interest.

>> No.222262

I have $100 spread across 5 gift cards. What should I do with them? I don't need anything from amazon

>> No.222280

Bump, I'm 19 and when I was depositing my checks my banker was advising me to get a credit card from them to start building my credit. Also said whenever I make a transaction, they'll pay then just take the money out from one of my accounts.

Somewhat reluctant since my debit card already does that, but there's no annual fees and I am pretty conservative with my money.

>> No.223133

>>222250
im referring to what op said
not having credit will only cripple you if you are a colossal, world-devouring homo

>> No.223147

>Option 1
Apply for a Capital One card. They cater to people with no/low credit. Don't feel bad if all you can get is a secured card - use it responsibly for 6 months, pay it on time, and you'll be ready for a real credit card soon.

>Option 2
Take out a small personal loan from your bank/credit union. Just tell them that you're trying to establish your credit history and they'll be happy to help you. You'll probably get a small loan of about $1000-2500. Pay it on time every month until it's done. You'll have established your creditworthiness, which will enable you to accquire a credit card.

>Option 3
Get your mom/dad or older sibling to apply for a new credit card and include you as a joint card holder. Request a reasonable limit, about $1000-2000 or so. And make good on paying off that fucking card each and every month or you'll be ruining your parents credit. Use the card responsibly for a year or two, stay out of debt, then apply for your own card.

>> No.223161

Finance furniture from Aaron's.

The quality is shit. And its overpriced.

But.
they report EVERY monthly payment as a standalone payment. I financed a couch, end tables, lamps and a tv from Aaron's, spent $2000 over 18 months, and boosted my credit score by 160 points

>> No.223173
File: 59 KB, 255x255, 1339368980623.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>222280

How can anyone be this gullible?