[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 82 KB, 1400x900, 1528501314939.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22035666 No.22035666 [Reply] [Original]

pretty sure its down to matic and xdai, maybe omg
pls give me why each
will be active AS FUCK in this thread

>> No.22035743

>>22035666
omg will win, it has the best product and best UX/UI. A lot of people are already using it ln the omg subreddit, even Vitalik himself posted his eth address there asking for "rocks" (the omg subreddit tokens)
xdai not enough tps and not as secure as omg

>> No.22035800

I like how this is just more good news for eth, but I don't like that if I mention eth here, someone can tell me it's redditcoin and to go back

>> No.22035990

>>22035666
I hope OMG wins. I just hope it doesn't moon after OXt because i swung all my OXt into OMG last night

>> No.22036040

>>22035743
did reddit ask for a ux/ui? i thought they just wanted an eth solution?
the use of it on the sub is good
can you link the vitalik eth address tweet?
xdai afaik hit the mark on the desired tps from the post "do x within y" .. also tps is a weird metric, kinda 2017 desu. can you explain that security thing quickly? all i know is skateboard and payments. no smart contracts.
>>22035800
yeah holding eth is the 500IQ play

>> No.22036155

>>22035666
xDai seems to be the most likely. It seems to have gotten a bunch of press out of nowhere ever since xDai submitted their solution to reddit. Soon after, Evan Van Ness (someone overseeing the contest) began talking about it on twitter. After he talked about it, Vitalik started commenting on it. Also, if you require more evidence check this out:

https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1299583597645451266

Seems the Ethereum community really likes xDai AND its team. Gavin Wood, Lubin, Vitalik, all the founders are talking about it. They probably will pick the community favorite to win this one.

>> No.22036538

>>22035990
weird flex
>>22036155
>someone overseeing the contest
any proof to this?
>https://mobile.twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/1299583597645451266
holy fucking shit
translation: least bad path, high enough trust
>>22035743
>not as secure as omg
how do you cope with this statement given you just tried using vitalik in your own defense?
asking for something vs saying its least-bad and acceptable is different, does vitalik have tweets likethis for omg?
>>22036155
>are talking about it
yes i know its on the xdai site but have they spoken since?
>probably will pick the community favorite to win
whats your base for that

>> No.22036779

>>22036538
Most of the solutions presented on the reddit site aren't even truly layer 2's. It is just another chain that is so abandoned and shitty they might as well use it as a layer 2. xDai was truly designed to be ETH's layer 2, unlike the other side chains.

Also, MATIC and OMG have long exit times. No one wants to wait 2 weeks to get there coins.

Also the Ethereum community seems to be a pretty tight knit group. It's likely that those working at reddit as blockchain engineers would be a part of that community. They won't want to work with a group they feel are outsiders. And by "community favorite" I don't mean the favorite of the average plebbitor, but those who are at the upper echelons of the ETH community.

>> No.22036978
File: 154 KB, 1024x703, baby-rattle-baby-boy-clipart-nyed-visualdnsnet-baby-boy-rattle-png-baby-boy-png-1024_703.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22036779
>It is just another chain that is so abandoned and shitty they might as well use it as a layer 2
say what now
>xDai was truly designed to be ETH's layer 2
but its a side chain, which is 100% cool, just semantics
lets call it eth 1.5?
>No one wants to wait 2 weeks to get there coins.
WATI WAIT WIAT WHAT THE FUCK?
It takes TWO WEEKS to leave the OMG or MATIC network?!?!?!!
> pretty tight knit group
not wrong
>upper echelons of the ETH community
pls spoonfeed

>> No.22037025
File: 92 KB, 260x194, ree.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

wait no
TWO WEEKS
please tell me you're fucking kidding
this has to be a joke
so you mean if im on omg and we're doing some thing, moons bricks defi whatever
it takes TWO FUCKING WEEKS to leave?!
this is fucking insane, omg holder reading this please describe why this is okay and why it was chosen

>> No.22037992

>>22036040
Sure you can see he posted his address here
https://www.reddit.com/r/OMGnetwork/comments/i0hn9r/ox/?sort=top
>security thing
Take a look at this fren or see answer below
https://omg.network/plasma-childchain-sidechain/

>>22036538
>how do you cope with this statement given you just tried using vitalik in your own defense?
>asking for something vs saying its least-bad and acceptable is different, does vitalik have tweets likethis for omg?
What do you mean cope? It is a fact that xdai is not as secure as omg. Omg is a childchain of ethereum meaning it has the same security as ethereum itself. No sidechain can come close. Of course Vitalik has a lot of tweets regarding omg, I'm sure they should be easy to find

>> No.22038334

>>22037992
>his address
wait really that's it, literally just his add??
>No sidechain can come close
desu being objective here, if that can't come close, why is xDAI least bad?? I get omg is more secure, but is that needed?
Like having two seatbelts vs one?
>easy to find
from like a long time ago yes but please spoon recent? Just wanna make money
(Also on mobile now)

>> No.22038963

>>22038334
>desu being objective here, if that can't come close, why is xDAI least bad?? I get omg is more secure, but is that needed?
>Like having two seatbelts vs one?

There are reasons you would want to use a plasma chain. It is more secure. But some of the issues that OMG has are:
>No smart contracts (Can't migrate a dapp like uniswap there)
>Two week exit
>Still not that much cheaper than Ethereum
The reason Vitalik probably said xDai is the least bad chain, is because it is something people are familiar with. It is basically ETH Jr with a different consensus mechanism. So basically, it works in a similar manner to ETH and it isn't very confusing. Also, no long waiting times, like 2 or 3 minutes to get your coins off the sidechain.