[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 392 KB, 1000x1000, Help.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
22007044 No.22007044 [Reply] [Original]

So, I got this friend who is in the same line of work as me. We are both contractors for a company who pays us for the jobs done and for materials used. The company sends us 1099s at the end of the year for tax purposes, etc.

Anyways, my friend has been adding extra parts onto the bill and they just keep paying him. He doesn't order these parts, they aren't necessary for the repair, but he gets them added and gets paid for it. They don't ever ask for proof of purchase of these parts. I feel like this might come back to bite him in the ass, but I am trying to think of how. Can you guys shed some light on how to get him out of this situation? Say he wants to stop doing it today. That doesn't change what has happened in the past. What are the best and worse case scenarios here?

>> No.22007105

Sir this is a McShitcoin board

>> No.22007110

>>22007044
!!!! 4Chan Alert !!!!
This post has been have reported this to the SEC.
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you in court. You have the right to talk to a lawyer for advice before we ask you any questions. You have the right to have a lawyer with you during questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be appointed for you before any questioning if you wish. If you decide to answer questions now without a lawyer present, you have the right to stop answering at any time.

>> No.22007218

Stop, do nothing and get caught > fraud > sued/jail
Stop, do nothing and no one notices > anxiety but congrats
Stop, own up and pay back money > fired and blacklisted but likely nothing worse

>> No.22007343

>>22007218
How likely would jail time be in this kind of scenario? Do you think being sued and asked to pay back the amount would be enough to rectify this situation? I don’t think it’s been going on long. Maybe a year or less, and money wise maybe 10k to 15k of actual money paid that wasn’t actually used.

>> No.22007939

>>22007343
are you white or black? if youre white just stop and itll be a slap on the wrist. imo likely just reputation without anything criminal. my colleague tried to bribe me with 200k to order materials for him and i just quit and took vacation. by the time i returned they had caught him and he only was fired

if youre black you better run for the hills tho

>> No.22007975
File: 43 KB, 620x437, 1585976539505.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>22007343
"hypothetically" This is known as fraud. in this case, jail isn't "likely" it will happen if it gets shown the light of day.

for a 15k fraud charge, you would sit six months minimum. i would peg my bets on 8-15 months for sure time sitting. not including another 5 years on paper.

The jew cometh down on a goyim and he cometh down HARD anon when you mess with his money.. call him "Big worm" and assume his money, and emotions are tied closely together.

I am in no way giving legal advice here.

but if i was the friend, i would anhero, and get rid of you, because who tf commits fraud and then admits it to a co worker?

after that, I would start the process of covering some tracks, any loose ends that could unwind, tie them up and burn them closed.

the only way you get caught, is if you get audited, the only way you get audited (by a company not requiring receipts or POP of any kind) is if some knuckle dragger talks. (this will most likely be your demise, desu, the tax man looks at unaccounted money, as income for a 1099 nigger like you)

or, of course, my favorite, is the one where you are actually the guy, and you posted this question on /biz without a VPN, or maybe a bored fed sees it, and decides to have a look at you to find your friend...

>> No.22008269

>>22007975
Why would he kill him self over 15 months in jail? Also, we’re not co workers. We just work in the same type of business. We go back a long ways so he feels he can talk to me about this I guess.

As far as tying up loose ends and such, how could he go about doing that? He’s remorseful and doesn’t plan on doing it anymore, but obviously what’s done is done.

>> No.22008269,2 [INTERNAL] 

>>22008269,1
Exactly, don't look for problems if you don't need them. He'll stop doing this eventually, or not, but just care of your business.