[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 89 KB, 1150x1200, 0_404.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21799083 No.21799083 [Reply] [Original]

It has been a hot fucking minute since we first heard about Siacoin, that decentralized storage project that launched back in 2015. We've seen a lot of fucking retarded decentralized autism projects come and go over the years, it's been a wild, stupid as fuck ride. Let's revisit this bitch.

Siacoin may actually be the only application of this whole blockchain cringe decentralized buzzword salad bullshit in this space. The economics aren't too exciting with the huge supply of coins out there, but when has that ever stopped some of your other fucking retarded shitcoins of the year from having a good time?

In a nutshell, SC was the first decentralized storage solution to implement the reed solomun encoding method, basically your uploaded files are split into 30 chunks and any 10 of those 30 pieces can reassemble the whole file. Sweet. This project is also one that has VC funding but isn't excessive about it (laughing at you filecoin, 200+ million and nothing to show you fucking losers). There is something to be said about limited funding and getting/using amounts necessary to keep chugging along and building out good stuff. Same thing goes with movie making, blockbusters get way too much fucking funding and churn out piss poor movies, though there are outliers (marvel movies for the most part).

From its conception to today, the Sia project has grown into being an actual back end solution where people are free to build whatever the fuck they want on top of it and use the sia network for the storage solution. There are levels to this shit, but some of the fucking cool ones that exist offer things like S3 compatibility buckets, free file sharing, whatever: Storewise, Filebase, Siastream (plex), etc.

>> No.21799110

And now Sia has Skynet, which allows you to pin files to portals and achieve real censorship resistance. That shit will always be available. Since it's release in Feb, people started throwing actual useful apps onto this. Stream videos, blog platform that actually can't be taken down. Step the fuck back, take a macro look at whats going on here: People are actually launching businesses on the Sia network. The Sia network is now providing ways to actually guarantee censorship resistance with what you put on the network (for better or for worse). The Sia network has no downtime, and if a host that has a piece of your file falls off the network will automatically repair and rehost that chunk somewhere else. What the fuck, is this blockchain decentralized buzzword soup bullshit actually bringing something useful in this day and age of horse shit tron, defi piss and eleventy billion shitcoins trying to compete for the best payment application? Oh shit we fucking forgot that Blockchain could offer something else besides finance or keeping track of grocery store food inventory or some bullshit. Good fucking lord you retards are easily amused.

>> No.21799143

So what now? Trade volume aint shit for this coin, marketcap is low as fuck and the coin is priced less then a cent to this day. Let's not fucking pretend that coin valuations are anything but speculative goodwill. Does this project deserve speculative goodwill? Uh, yeah. It's criminally underrecognized because its not sexy, its criminally undervalued because none of the fucking autists in this space know what the fuck blockchain tech even provides. Immutability, you fucking retards. It's harnessing the greatest aspect of decentralized blockchain networks and leveraging that in the storage space. I fucking dare you to pick one of the competing projects in this space and try to achieve the same level of decentralized censorship resistant storage that exists with this. You know what's going to happen in the future? As this project continues to flesh out, you'll eventually see people build out backup solutions for critical data in businesses, the same way businesses use shitty tape back ups as a last resort. The most important part of decentralized storage is its network capability, and the Sia network dwarfs every one of the other "decentralized storage" shit coins in this realm. I don't lend any fucking credence to how much Storj says they have uploaded to their network. Do you see many businesses launching apps on that bullshit? Not even to the same degree. Storewise and Filebase originally planned to use both Sia and Storj as a backend, but since backed away from Storj because their network, their documentation, their usability, and lack of that buzzword salad decentralization makes their shit network not even ready to go head to head with Sia. Sia actually has something people build on here.

Long story short? Go fuck yourselves, loser. You don't even smell a good project when it's right there under your nose for years.

>> No.21799230

>>21799083
pizza pringles are they good?

>> No.21799282

>>21799083
because of the suckable nipple and a convincing story about sia. ill buy some sia. expecting more posts anon.

>> No.21799329
File: 87 KB, 668x1000, 78806931_003_dea5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Suck my dick SC is sleeper as fuck.

>> No.21799366

>>21799230
they dont sell them in germany

>> No.21799399
File: 33 KB, 500x500, opq.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sia coin? Pfft that shit is wack.

>> No.21799440

>>21799329
>not a black man's hand

dropped

>> No.21799452

how do I lose weight

>> No.21799454

https://skynet.tutemwesi.com/_A7TVDzmhdvbNk8H11JjGc0EwlJer0yZip50WlCswN1Jzw

Uploaded a pic of my ex to sia's skynet. Good shit you can take the ID from that link and open it from any skynet portal

>> No.21799480

Name a better solution retard

>> No.21799536

>>21799480
I think jogging or healthy diet

>> No.21799642

>>21799480
Opacity. Get with the times, wacktard.

>> No.21799767

>>21799642

THAT'S FUNNY. LOL. Opacity just encrypts and throws their fucking shit on AWS.

Not decentralized AT ALL: https://www.reddit.com/r/Opacity/comments/aenl7e/how_decentralized_are_files_uploaded_with_opacity/edr8mwl/

>> No.21799799

>>21799083
what does the token do though

>> No.21799801

>>21799536
Not both though.

>> No.21799923

>>21799799

The token is used to pay for storage in the Sia network storage marketplace. It's the only project that actually understands why the fuck a token is necessary. They say it's not supposed to be a store of value, but in the end the SiaFunds pay out in SC so they do have interest staked in network usage growing over the years.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/f60gfh/sia_releases_skynet_a_decentralized_cdn_and_file/fi44xew/

>> No.21799934

>>21799767
>https://www.reddit.com/r/Opacity/comments/aenl7e/how_decentralized_are_files_uploaded_with_opacity/edr8mwl

Shows what you know. That post was 1 year ago. Like I said, get with the times. The project has expanded 100 fold since then.

>> No.21800017

>>21799934

The only thing that piece of shit project has expanded on is doing token swaps. I'll sit here and wait while you attempt to explain why their solutions are actually immutable, censorship resistant, and truly decentralized. That piece of shit project hasn't done anything besides put up a front facing site where shit is encrypted and dumped into an AWS bucket. I don't see a network where files are split and recovered across different hosts worldwide, I don't see any solutions that allow a user to have a file that isn't subject to takedown hosted on the web.

And I see ZERO fucking devs building on and utilizing that piece of shit. Out of the handful of competing projects in this realm, you threw out like... the shittiest one. Lmaoooo.

>> No.21800041
File: 363 KB, 901x840, you bois listen up.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

this is a fucken warning if bat closes the weekly atleast above 3300 sats. coming week will be fucken huge.