[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.62 MB, 396x299, Chris-Farley-Sunglasses-Flip-Shock.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2176579 No.2176579 [Reply] [Original]

In a job search, is it wrong for me to let a job know that I have another interview and I need to wait on their potential offer before deciding?

Company A called me today and upped their offer by $10k. Company B is sending out someone from senior leadership to talk to me next Wednesday.

I'm worried about just accepting A's offer without giving B a real shot.

>> No.2176601

>>2176579
It's fine. Shows you are attractive candidate too. Just say you have to "respect their process and need to be loyal to it, but wil get back to them asap" or something, just word it differently and dont be a dick about it

>> No.2176606

If you think you are worth more, then sure, let them know.
When you have multiple offers I'd say you can use that as leverage.

>> No.2176621

>>2176601
Oh, and dont just expect them to sit and wait, it's not everyone that yo uare able to cuck with this strategy.

>> No.2176626

>>2176579
if the interviewer asks you what your investment strategy is, an easy way to secure the job is to show them your mooncoin portfolio

>> No.2176641

>>2176601 This.
If they push you to make a decision, make sure you don't let ~emotions~ into it but put it in human terms. Something like, "I'm glad you folks want me to work there, but for me, this decides my life as I plan to be somewhere for a while, I have to explore my options and I need an employer to respect that." or something.