[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 56 KB, 592x400, crypto.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2146043 No.2146043 [Reply] [Original]

>How do I get started
Register and get verified through coinbase
>But I wanna buy NOW
Okay then, try mycelium
>Why do I have to get verified
I don't know, nor care, everywhere makes you do it
>How long will it take?
Depends, 1 day, 1 week. However long it takes pajeet to check your credentials
>I'm verified and bought some BTC/LTC/ETH, what now
HODL (recommended) or try gambling with shitcoins
>Where do I gamble with shitcoins
At an exchange like Bittrex (recommended) or Poloniex. Duckduckgo 'bitcoin exchanges' there are dozens
>How do I secure what I've purchased
Download a wallet for the respective coin, don't store on exchanges, if you wanna know why duckduckgo 'Mt Gox'
>How do I transfer my coins
Your wallet has an address, and wherever you bought the coins from will ask you that address, copy/paste, make sure it is correct and send
>I sent my coins but they aren't showing up in my wallet!
Try a site like blockexplorer to verify your transaction. Transactions can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours and I've even heard stories of days, be patient
>/biz/ is shilling [insert random shitcoin] it looks like it's the best thing since sliced bread
It's not, they shill a new coin every day, some are good, some are bad, most all are useless shitcoins that are just gonna be pumped and dumped, don't risk your money unless you know what you're doing.

>> No.2146295

>>2146043
>inb4 buy our shitcoin guys it doubles your 10 bucks

>> No.2146358
File: 5 KB, 243x207, download2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How do wallets work and what is the best to use

>> No.2146623
File: 42 KB, 550x413, schwarma-platter[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2146358
I'm a newb and using Jaxx on my phone. Probably a bad idea but I don't know any better!