[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 108 KB, 1200x628, 245.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21435297 No.21435297 [Reply] [Original]

In 2018 I was managing a group of friends portfolio, messed up on mex and lost $70k. I never told them and pretended that I was just 'holding' and not making any trades. I spend two years working my ass off at a minimum wage job to build the portfolio back up to its value again. It just topped $180k. All I did was work, go home, hit the gym, sleep and repeat. Really, nothing else.

Do I tell them that I fucked in 2018, or do I pretend like nothing happened?

>> No.21435407

>>21435297
1.why would you cover losses? investment is risk
2.shouldve told them what happened with a plan to recovery when it actually happened
3.if you didnt tell them then, i personalny wouldnt tell them now, you can only lose their trust and gain nothing
4.nice larp

>> No.21435409

>>21435297
you tell them.
That is like the most respectful thing you did.
And in all honesty they dont deserve that large of a slice of the pie.
But regardless what you give them, you are going to make it anon.
Massive respect.
.t 30 year old millionaire

>> No.21435520

>>21435407

> 1.why would you cover losses? investment is risk

Because I never told them I would trade, I used our BTC to cover my own long on mex and got BTFO. Ever felt like you were ontop of the world, making fuck loads of money for years, and then not wanting to believe your own losses, so you'd go the extra mile of risk to make profits? It was that kind of situation.

> 2.shouldve told them what happened with a plan to recovery when it actually happened

I was kinda damn fucking concerned with losing friends over money.

>>21435409

well thanks anon