[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 830 KB, 600x1283, LINKinvestmentprogression.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
21043771 No.21043771 [Reply] [Original]

So a buddy of mine recently got interested in crypto and asked me to help him set up his first account. He stopped over so I could help him get set up in person and I reiterated a million times how important it was to create secure passwords and 2FA written on paper, put in a safe or somewhere secure non-digital.

I haven't made an account for Coinbase since 2017 and the UI is a bit different but every time I tried to set up 2FA through for his Google Authenticator it never generated a back up seed phrase to manually enter and write down. It only gave the QR image and nothing else. Did they change something? We tried like half a dozen times and I did tons of trouble shooting on their website with no avail.

When I first made my account it prompted both the QR and the secret seed phrase( a bunch of numbers and letter) at the same time and gave a bunch of disclaimers about saving it and not to fuck up or lose it etc. I told him the accounts were useless(we made 2 accounts one on Bing and another on Google Chrome, I thought it might be browser related) because he had no way of getting back in if he lost his phone or it broke.

Someone please help I don't get what the issue was. I will call Coinbase probably or email them but if anyone else knows that is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

>> No.21043821

>>21043771

Coinbase or Coinbase Pro?

>> No.21043863

>>21043821

Just Coinbase as you use all the same information to log in to your Pro account anyway. I told him we have to set up regular Coinbase but he needs to use Pro for better fees

>> No.21043869

>>21043771
has anyone ever succeeded in increasing the withdrawal limit?

>> No.21043921

>>21043869

Mine is 50K daily. They just did that for me on their own accord I never asked them too. I've had the account for about 3 years but its been that high for over a 1 year

>> No.21044015

>>21043863

Hmm well in any case I suggest not depositing any money if they don't give the QR seed. Actually you shouldn't be using 2FA on your phone anyways. SIM swapping is a huge security hole. Instead use a security key like YubiKey as they don't include a 3rd party like your phone service provider.

>> No.21044123

>>21044015

I'll look into that thanks. No idea about the lack of seed code though? It seems like every video I find is from 2017. Lol I haven't seen any recent ones. 2FA on the phone would be enough to at least get him started though so he can start purchasing and then in the future switch over.

>> No.21044228

>>21044123

Yeah not sure about the seed code. I've been using a security key for 2 years now so I haven't needed QR. Maybe post this question to their subreddit or dm an admin from there.

>> No.21044281

>>21044228
Will do thanks