[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 176 KB, 1108x624, 1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2086485 No.2086485 [Reply] [Original]

Sorry for making a new thread but this board is slow, couldn't get any answers in the generals. Where do you memesters buy your altcoins? I have Coinbase for BTC and Ethereum, but where do I buy Waves, XBY, etc? I have a Poloniex but it won't let me add a payment option that I can see. Can someone recommend a secure platform?

>> No.2086496

>https://coinmarketcap.com/
>search ur coin
>market
gg

>> No.2086504

I use Bittrex. I don't trust Poloniex.

>> No.2086526

>>2086485
Polo and bitfinex have both been hacked so avoid them.

For most exchanges, the amount of personal info needed to trade is minimized if you deposit coins (ether, bitcoin, etc) instead of fiat. If you deposit fiat, the site has to validate your identity according to AML practices/due diligence laws.

Only source I'd trust to actually cash out to fiat is coinbase or, if you want to avoid taxes, localbitcoins (after tumbling through a secure coin like dash or monero).

I personally use liqui.io, mainly because they don't accept fiat so no annoying know your customer forms. You sign up with a user name/password, deposit your coins, and you're good to start trading.

There are plenty of youtube tutorials on how to get started in just about any exchange once you have your bitcoin/ether/litecoin.