[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 32 KB, 447x456, 1488211908771.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2075936 No.2075936 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone know the stresses of a startup ? My startup has two web devs and a business guy (the owner so to speak). I'm one of the web devs. Been working at this for 15 months now.

>building the platform is way harder than anticipated
>no previous work experience other than a 3 month internship where I learned front-end.
>22 year old about to graduate college, applied for comp sci + data engineering masters degree
>broke, constantly busy and stressed about one thing or the other
>features sometime shit themselves after 3 months of working, its always some fucking API
>we decided to pool 150$ each in the company so it doesn't become insolvent on our first client.
>thinking of putting some money into Facebook ads

any tips of keeping it together ? I already work out, eat healthy and get 7-8 hours a sleep a night.
I feel like I'm constantly learning and pushing myself, I feel I'm getting better but FUCK there has to be something I could improve, right?

>> No.2075940
File: 286 KB, 645x1218, 1475775014558.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

forgot to mention

>we're launching Monday, already have 9 clients that are interested in getting on it day 1

>non-launch critical features shit themselves this weekend.

>base product still works, will make a plan to implement bunch of cool things to improve the user experience in the following months

am I freaking out over nothing?

>> No.2075946

>>2075940
IF YOU DONT GIVE ME 100% PROFIT, YOU ARE A FUCKING SCAM.

t. /biz/

>> No.2075954

>>2075936
1. Learn your skills. Theres plenty of material online.

2. Ask biz guy to make a rock solid biz plan and pimp it to everyone in the market to raise seed fund/development fund. $150 is chump change.

3. Don't touch ads until you have MVP. Once you have MVP get an angel to back you and help you build the product. They will also guide you when to invest in ads.

4. Keep learning coz you dont know much. Ask your biz guy to do his fucking job and stop worrying about how the business is run.

>> No.2075959

>>2075936
>two web devs and a business guy (the owner so to speak)
does the non-dev "owner" understand how hard it is to build the platform? If the platform is vital for the business, the business guy should pull his weight in development as well.

>> No.2075980

>he fell for the "bee your own boss" meme

quit and learn day trading m8

>> No.2076020

>>2075954
1. already on it, documentations and stackoverflow are the bane of my existance, its just
2. already on it, we should be getting news in about 2 weeks or so, and its gonna be just a small amount, like enough to live off okayish for a few months. I'm not getting my hopes up.
3. we have the MVP, I guess we need to figure out about the angel investor...
4. Will do, however I'm also learning things about Marketing and Sales in my spare time, I don't want to only be a dev. So I'm somewhat involved in what he's doing and we have a few conversations a week about what and how.

>>2075959
so should I tell him to put less pressure on me/us and let us build the platform as best we can ?

>> No.2076036

>>2076020
>Will do, however I'm also learning things about Marketing and Sales in my spare time,

Its not your job. Let your biz boy do that work.

If you are wasting time learning marketing when you should be learning how to code, then don't complain on this board that you dont have a life anymore.

>> No.2076064

>>2076036
fair point. But I enjoy it and its ~2 hours a week where I read about it. Also I want to know whats going on business wise and give feedback/input, usually we have a 5 minute conversation a day.

But I guess I should take my rest more seriously and leave it to him...