[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 150 KB, 538x285, biz.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
20006391 No.20006391 [Reply] [Original]

I know literally nothing about finance, I have never done this before, but I heard some nice memes about LINK going cheap soon, and ALEPH being cheap now.
I have 10k total, and I'm willing to invest 3-5k max.
Should I put some into those, and maybe BTC and/or ETH?
Should I get into crypto at all? Advice pls

>> No.20006451

ETH is inflationary, long term holding will lead to losses.

Bitcoin is king, stay away from shitcoins and you'll do better than 90% of people

>> No.20006479

most shit coins have paid shills, they are paid to post about stuff like link and alepwhatever. only bitcoin doesnt have paid shill

>> No.20006504

>>20006391
Do not buy shitcoins, which is to say crypto

>> No.20006519

>>20006391
Buy LINK. Everything else is dogshit.

>> No.20006620

>>20006391

Everyone is trying to scam you and you will lose your lunch money holding a shitcoin like Aleph as it plummets to 0. Look up Dollar Cost Averaging (DCA), and DCA into LINK. Meanwhile, just sit back and observe the market. Watch people be euphoric about their investment tripling one day, and their despair as it is wiped away the next. Note the relative stability of Bitcoin. Weigh the risks.

>> No.20006704

>>20006620
Isn't volatility the main appeal of crypto over stocks, though?
I'm not very greedy, anyways. I'm happy with withdrawing my money x2 and miss out on a potential x10.

>> No.20006752

crypto is not like stocks that have real tangible value, it's easy to look at a stock and safely invest in it because you can assume it will have real world value, for example it was a guarantee amazon would eventually get big because ebay used to be fucking huge and amazon in its infancy was basically ebay 2.0
the problem with /biz/ retards is they try to view crypto as something tangible and valuable but it's not
it is a CURRENCY and you can't just invest in a fucking currency and hope you get rich
you have to constantly flip it and basically work it as a full time job so you can inch your way up little by little through small gains

trading crypto is fundementally no different from trading normal real life currency, people who view it as a "hold till I get rich" scheme are retarded, literally nobody has every retired off of other cryptos, the only people who got rich were mass bitcoin holders solely due to a fluke

>> No.20006826

>>20006752
>inch your way up little by little through small gains
Wouldn't it be better to just invest in stocks, then? Afaik, stocks are slow but safe.
I thought the whole point of crypto was that even though you could lose it all, you could also quickly x5 it

>> No.20006875

>>20006391
Crypto is an absolute minefield of scams! Just like this anon said >>20006479 lots of scam threads pop up here. Even though the board rules says:
>Note: /biz/ is NOT a place for ADVERTISING or SOLICITING. Do NOT use it to promote your business, ventures, or anything you may have an interest in. Anything that looks remotely like advertising or soliciting will be removed.

The jannies don't care and let these shitty scam threads pile up. So be skeptical of EVERYTHING that gets posted on this board! If not, these Pajeets will take the shirt right off your back

>> No.20006885

buy RealCoin, they're these physical things made out of silver and gold. you can actually touch them, and they won't go to zero like 99.999% of virtual coins in the next few years.

>> No.20007639
File: 542 KB, 725x587, 1529674548026.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>20006391
Yes, remember to diversify into varied partitions of BTC, XRP, LTC, TRON, BAT and BSV. When one of them moons, you sell and put into the others, when it goes down you buy again. Stay away from LINK and ETH, they are vaporware frauds that promise to perform a task that is better performed by a centralized entity. Look at ETH 2.0, Vitalik has been delaying that for years and sooner or later he will have to admit it's never happening, as it's simply mathematically impossible to properly scale decentralized systems.
/biz/ will tell you to buy them a lot, but it's meant to trick newfags into losing money. There's a meme here, "do the opposite of what /biz/ says," look it up. Hope I saved you from getting burned as we all do when we first come here.

>> No.20007758

>>20007639

terrible advice

>> No.20007899

>>20006391
Look for an altcoin shilled on this board with the lowest marketcap possible and go all in. Getting rich was never easier.