[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 241 KB, 2000x900, stks.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19964256 No.19964256 [Reply] [Original]

stkstoken.com

In honor of the Stacks launch, the lead autist is here to answer some questions. I'll answer a few right off the bat

>the website sucks
I agree, I'm not much of a webdev

>this is a STA/STONKS clone
The whitepaper is largely a critical analysis of their tokenomics, and a proposal on fixing those problems.

>why is the sale date in a week?
There is only one sale, and that sale is where all of the public tokens will be minted. The injection of liquidity only happens once. The more people who are aware of the sale and contribute, the larger the initial injection into the pool will be. So if you like the idea of STA or STONKS, read the white paper, and spread the word.

>> No.19964795

>>19964256
This seems primarily like an index fund with an ico.

>> No.19964867

>>19964795
In a lot of ways it is. Our model of an initial liquidity injection is based on the ICO model. The difference is, where ICO's are typically designed to raise dev funds, an ILI is designed to raise an initial injection of liquidity, which is used to permanently back the tokens minted. Think of it like an ICO to raise money for Proof of Liquidity, but that liquidity being spread over the asset pool the token is pegged to. Right now, Statera has $400k+ worth of capital pooled by investors, but Stacks could have more than a million pooled before a single investor decides to chip in. All at a fraction of STA's price, mind you.

>> No.19964971

>>19964867
I'm interested. What will the initial ICO supply and the total supply be? how much USD will you need to own 1% of the total supply?
https://pastebin.com/F0Q8b28c

>> No.19965160

>>19964971
Total supply is decided based on amount of funds raised. Max supply possible is 1,400,000 but based on how many liquidity tokens are burned, it would more likely be around 1,200,000 if the public sale sold out completely. I would say to get 1% of the token supply, you probably need to supply 1.1-1.2% of the totally ETH raised by the sale. I have a pretty detailed breakdown of how distribution will work in the whitepaper:
stkstoken.com/whitepaper.html

>> No.19965267

>>19964256
But why.

Stonks at least had DeFi meme potential going for it.

This doesn't really have anything.
What's the rationale behind choosing these percentages for the coins? From the explanation in the paper, you make them all sound important, yet some have higher shares than others?

What's to say you won't just exit scam?

At least STONK had been sort of audited by extension from literally copying STA's contract. Now that STA has been put into the world, a lot of clones are going to be coming - especially since the thread on biz showing how to easily make a shitty balancer pool to scam people.
We've seen this happen with all of the uniswap scams after the microcap pumps lately - so frankly this seems like the start of index fund scams.

Why did you choose the pajeetiest format and font for your whitepaper? Seriously, just use fucking LaTeX.

If you can address all of these concerns, fuck it, I'll chuck some eth in when the public sale happens.

>> No.19965447

>>19965267
>What's the rationale behind choosing these percentages for the coins?
It's a pretty straightforward ERC-20 spread, focusing on good tech over anything else. Large % are generally higher market cap. the last 10% is made of two microcap coins to bump up the risk (this is crypto, after all). There are a lot of limitations on pools that balancer.exchange which may loosen in the future, though. Also, since liquidity can't be moved, other pools can use Stacks too, if the community makes another pool to put their money in, the liquidity injection in the original pool still backs it through PoSL.
>What's to say you won't just exit scam?
The smart contract is hardcoded such that once liquidity is injected, there is no possibility of an exit scam. The team gets 0% of token supply so they can't even dump. Post injection, there is no central owner of Stacks and therefore there is no one who could exit scam even if they wanted to.
>At least STONK had been sort of audited by extension from literally copying STA's contract. Now that STA has been put into the world, a lot of clones are going to be coming
This isn't a clone. The only real similarity is that they are ERC-20 index tokens taking advantage of balancer.exchange. This was designed to be a token backed by (spread) liquidity AND an index token at the same time. It's certainly inspired by them, but this isn't the same thing.
>Why did you choose the pajeetiest format and font for your whitepaper?
Is Arial a bad font? I'm autistic and can't aesthetic, please don't bully. If we get a web dev he can make shit look pretty.

>> No.19965457

>>19965447
>that balancer.exchange supports*

>> No.19965526

This is a Frankenstein reworking of the STONK codebase btw, with a public sale and some ownership functionality added in. I took out the coin burn though because that shit is a meme and will only harm chances of exchange integration.

>> No.19965531

>>19965526
meant for
>>19965267
>At least STONK had been sort of audited by extension from literally copying STA's contract

>> No.19965918

There an airdrop for this?
That might convince people to jump on.

>> No.19966208

>>19965526
but stonks is already being put on a CEX ...

>> No.19966763

>>19965918
Devs don't own supply so the team can't airdrop. All tokens (aside from the 40 origin tokens used to make the pool) are minted based on the amount of ETH raised during the public sale.
>>19966208
It's totally possible to put in on a cex, but it skews the tokenomics, as it makes it preferable to trade on a cex vs trading on a dex. It's a little bit like giving up a sliver of your tokens functionality in exchange for the listing. And really, the coin burn doesn't give you all that much. A limited supply is already deflationary by it's nature, as tokens will be burned, keys lost, ect. The interaction with the balancer is pretty interesting, I do admit that, but I don't think it really works with the index token model. Statera was a deflationary coin before it was an index fund, imo the coin burn is soon to become the legacy tech of ERC-20 index funds. But take this all with a grain of salt, I'm no prophet. With tech changing this fast, you never really know what's going to be obsolete in 6 months. This whole balancer.exchange experiment is so interesting to me for the most part because I have been looking at building different types of decentralized index funds since 2017, but the tech wasn't really there. Balancer.exchange made the whole thing a reality seemingly overnight.

>> No.19966804

Why are you advertising your high school research paper on biz?

>> No.19967930

>>19964256
HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>> No.19968018

>>19964256
cringe. Just Buy Kleros

>> No.19968032
File: 270 KB, 1920x1920, 916FBB6D-539D-4C58-89BB-38FA085C2113.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19964256
Pivvr will be the biggest thing in crypto since link.

My team is launching a token on uniswap and many other exchanges in a week. Join here:

https //discord gg/ 2g 2F tWM

>> No.19968039

>>19964256
Nobody wants this stupid fake shit.
STA is a serious token with a first mover's advantage
STONK is a more fancy meme
yours is what? An ugly website and shit-based pool

>> No.19968278

>>19964256
no burn, no buy