[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 27 KB, 1280x1280, monero-symbol-on-white-1280.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19933596 No.19933596 [Reply] [Original]

What's up Monero Chads? Who's feeling comfy?

This daily general is for supporters of the cypherpunk ideology to hang out and help noobies learn about Monero, the most fungible cryptocurrency. A cypherpunk is any activist advocating widespread use of strong cryptography and privacy-enhancing technologies as a route to social and political change.

We believe that Monero is the logical continuation of Bitcoin because it offers superior privacy, leading the way to many potential use cases. Discussion points include rising Dark Net adoption, news articles about Monero, daily transaction totals, and new technology updates to the Monero project.

Moonboy posting is discouraged, however price speculation and TA is fine.

WHAT IS MONERO?
https://web.getmonero.org/resources/about/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8quGD9W7B2I&vl=en [Embed]
HOW TO STORE MONERO:
https://cakewallet.com/ < A simple, phone friendly wallet
https://www.getmonero.org/downloads/ < Full GUI wallet
WHERE TO GET MONERO?
https://localmonero.co/?language=en <(Always look for vendors with lots of good reviews)
https://coinatmradar.com/bitcoin-atm-near-me/ <Crypto ATM locations
https://kycnot.me/ <Exchanges and services with no KYC requirements
https://web.getmonero.org/get-started/mining/ <A brief introduction to PoW Mining.
https://moneroblocks.info/stats/transaction-stats < Monero Daily Transactions
If you're a Monero enthusiast and would like to join our Telegram group to discuss XMR, feel free to join us at:
<https://t dot me/joinchat/RzBppVXb6p1_fS3jM47yqg/>

>> No.19933637

>>19933596
I sold all of my sEos for sXmr. Centralized shitcoin for decentralized private gold. Of course I do own XMR but I wanted some on chain liquidity.

>> No.19933663
File: 57 KB, 570x663, 1589651097872.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933596
Unknown amount reporting
When those lines start to squeeze they arent stopping

>> No.19933695

How safe is your money?

You spend it. You earn it. You are likely concerned about keeping the money that’s yours safe.

But are you safe from your money?

You may not even be aware of the risk using your money poses to you. In an era of loose fiscal policy, increasing political divide and ever farther reaching government surveillance, what you do with your money can get it confiscated, cost you your freedom or even get you killed.

Surprised?

Nearly all modern value transactions are digital: account to account transfers via your bank, credit card payments at merchants and investments at your broker all leave a permanent digital trail. Today these actions are as fundamental to daily life as eating and sleeping. And every one of those transactions is tracked, analyzed, parsed, packaged, resold and used by banking enterprises, tech firms and political analysts to target you for ads, influence you politically, and track you at the request of those in power.

Every. Single. Transaction.

This is a direct threat to a free society. You deserve better. You deserve money that can’t be stolen through inflation. You deserve the right to spend your money without having to sell your freedom.

You deserve Monero.

>> No.19933717

>>19933695
Why Monero?
Monero is the only asset in existence that offers you, the user, all of the following:

- The ability to keep and transfer money without anyone (including individuals, banks, technology firms, chain analysis groups and governments) knowing about it, just like cash
- The ability to store and transfer money in digital form with security so strong that it has passed the test of being untraceable by the United States FBI and court system
- The ability to store that value in a format that cannot be stolen by an issuing group, such as a government, through inflation

Imagine working hard, saving your money and making a donation to a political party. Who do you have to trust?

You want to trust the group to whom you’re donating. But that should be the least of your worries.

Do you trust your payment processor?
If you used your credit card, you are now subject to the employees at MasterCard, Visa or American Express. If one of those thousands of people decide your political party is evil, they know your name. They know where you live. And they know everything you’ve ever bought. And there is nothing stopping them from deciding they have the moral high ground and using that information against you.

Do you trust your bank?
Banks have historically discriminated against nearly every race, ethnicity and religion. Even if you’re currently in a protected class, remember that the winds of political favor change. Do you trust the owner of your bank, or even the owner of a competitor bank, to decide what happens to what you’ve earned? If you trust them now to treat you fairly, do you trust every subsequent owner of your bank?

>> No.19933729

I have an [unknown amount] of my portfolio allocated to XMR

>> No.19933746
File: 278 KB, 930x534, 2017.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933717
Do you trust your legal system?
Even if you’ve done nothing wrong, your ability to function as a member in society is dictated by your interaction with the courts system. Even false accusations and dropped charges will cost you years of life and large sums of money. If your spending history is public knowledge and happens to run afoul of the political views of a judge overseeing your case, do you feel comfortable that you will get a fair and speedy hearing of your case?

Do you trust your government?
Your government is directly opposed to your having value and will take it through any means they can, either actively through taxation or passively through inflation of the currency in which you’re paid. If you happen to make a donation to a political party not in power, the government agents who administer taxation are expected to be perfectly nonpartisan in their prosecution of your taxes. Do you trust every government agent to act without bias?

Monero was unable to be cracked by the US Government in a landmark 2017 case (img related)

Maybe you do trust your payment processor, bank, legal system and government. And you trust them forever.
But you shouldn’t have to.

>> No.19933785

>>19933596
Anyone ITT have an idea what the price point should be in the next 2 years? I've heard 0.1 BTC value. Trying to figure out how much more I should accumulate, I currently am sitting on 69 XMR.

>> No.19933811

>>19933746
These issues are solved by a decentralized currency like Bitcoin, right?

Bitcoin was revolutionary at it’s launch. It solved the double spend problem and maintained its network by periodically decreasing asset allocation to miners (block reward). It allowed trustless transfer of value.

Just like Friendster broke ground in social media.
And AOL brought widespread internet access.
And Altavista pioneered out internet search.

And just like those projects, Bitcoin is ripe for disruption.

Most people are not aware that Bitcoin has a transparent ledger. This means every transaction, every wallet, and every action of every wallet can be seen by anyone (even a non Bitcoin holder). Put another way, if you pay someone with Bitcoin they are able to see every transaction you’ve ever made, exactly how much Bitcoin you own and every transaction you make going forward.

Forever.

If some of the Bitcoins you bought were used in a drug deal 10 years ago, they could be confiscated.
If someone noticed you have a lot of Bitcoin, they might not rob you, but they certainly could sell that information to someone who would.
If someone decided they didn’t like the political party, vendor, or third party you sent Bitcoin to, they can use that knowledge against you.

This is known as the fungibility project and is why newly mined bitcoins trade at a premium to older ones. The longer a bitcoin has been used in transactions, the greater the risk to its holder. Indeed one of the most powerful tools the US government has in the current war on drugs is chain analysis of large volume Bitcoin addresses, leading to the arrest of drug dealers using BTC. While most cryptocurrency is not used in illegal transactions, the notion that you are effectively “naked” when using Bitcoin is unsettling.

>> No.19933821
File: 40 KB, 410x598, 1585096894424.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933729

>> No.19933836

>>19933596
My [[[unknown amount]]] makes me feel like a bagholder.

>> No.19933873

>>19933811
Monero was designed with these concerns in mind. What follows is a brief summary of the tech behind Monero, but is by no means exhaustive. If you are interested in a deeper dive please visit getmonero.org which provides links to the technical papers behind Monero.

Monero’s tech stack starts with a standard proof of work blockchain that uses RandomX, an algorithm that ensures computer based (CPU) mining is most efficient. This avoids the common problem when specific circuits can be produced only for mining, a network is at risk of becoming centralized in control to those who can afford to buy those circuits. Use of these circuits (ASICs) has rendered Bitcoin mining something only done at industrial scale, and RandomX ensures the Monero network will always be globally distributed.

Monero then adds RingCT’s. These are the core of Monero’s privacy and effectively mean that the value of every transaction on the network is shielded by a number of “dummy” transactions that can only be decoded by the spender and recipient. This prevents anyone from viewing the transactions details externally and keeps wallet balances private.

To that Monero adds stealth addresses; these are non publicly visible addresses that prevent external actors from seeing who sent funds to what address, even if RingCTs make it so that transaction amounts are shielded. The end result of these two technologies in combination is a truly opaque ledger that has survived chain analysis attempts from top level private and government agencies.

>> No.19933892

>>19933873
Finally Monero uses Dandelion++; this is a technique which hides the node from which a spend request originated. This adds an additional layer of privacy that not only shields transactions but also shields when those transactions are even sent, allowing users more anonymity in using Monero.

Monero is in process of integrating an obfuscation based peer-to-peer (I2P) layer to make even the use of the Monero network hidden (in that it would look like all other I2P traffic). While Monero can currently be used over the TOR network for this same effect it is technically difficult and the network will benefit from default IP obfuscation.

From a technical perspective, Monero offers developmental improvements over Bitcoin. The end result of these advances is a value transfer network that protects the privacy of transactions, protects the sovereignty of users and allows for long-term decentralized maintenance of the network ad infinitum. How long it takes for that intrinsic value to be reflected in price is anyone’s guess, but over time price will eventually approximate marginal value. The marginal value of Bitcoin is uncensorable worldwide value transfer with significant risk to the user. The marginal value of Monero is that of Bitcoin with true personal financial sovereignty through privacy. In many ways Monero is what people originally thought Bitcoin was.

>> No.19933903

>>19933596
>Who's feeling comfy?
I'm feeling bored, this shit moved 1.5% at most during the past month and a half

>> No.19933917

>>19933892
Of all use cases of XMR, a store of value is the least novel. It should be used as it was designed: as a way to take the value you have earned and ensure it is yours, regardless of the actions of any third party, legal system, government or military. To that end the emission curve should be viewed not as an indicator of decreasing supply, but rather as a guarantee that your transactions will forever be supported by a robust network of miners. That the emission curve is rapidly decreasing with increasing demand points to at least solid value protection going forward. The cost of ring signatures based transactions should be viewed not as a demand driver, but as evidence of the additional utility of transfers within the network.

Monero is uniquely situated at the crossroads of several novel demand drivers and a rapidly decreasing novel supply as outlined in its emission curve. In addition to privacy being an increasingly important part of all technology, all of the following forces are currently pushing demand:

>> No.19933950

>>19933917
Demand drivers:
- Daily use and transaction fees have been steadily increasing since the project’s inception; because of Monero’s dynamic block size these fees are not capped and the network can handle additional transaction volumes at higher transaction prices
- Increasingly severe political divides are driving media content creators, think tanks and political parties to seek ways to accept donations without putting their donors at risk
- A now ever-present financial surveillance state prevents private online purchase of potentially sensitive or embarrassing goods without risking loss of privacy, embarrassment or persecution
- Government fiscal policy increasing uses quantitative easing to provide liquidity, benefiting those with access to the legacy banking structure at the expense of ordinary citizens who hold that country’s currencies
- Increasing use of KYC minimized portals such as localmonero indicates that end consumers are willing to pay in terms of fiat and effort to protect their wealth from potential future political change
- Increasing use of XMR in the highest user risk environments (noncompliant cross border travel, darknet markets) as a global endorsement of Monero as the choice for high security, private value transfer

>> No.19933979

>>19933950
Supply restriction:
Monero’s emission curve is currently transitioning from nearly vertical to nearly horizontal. As an investment, one key point should be made: the XMR network is likely to experience one inflection point where a decreasing block reward is outstripped by a continually increasing demand. Where the block reward of first generation proof of work chains like Bitcoin decrease at given intervals, XMR’s reward decreases continually. This fact, coupled with the opaque ledger that prevents analysis of things like active wallet addresses or XMR held on exchanges, means the only indicator that will mark this event will be price. As there are no portions of the XMR emission curve that are flat (until the tail emission), there are no periods where supply at a static price is adequate to balance demand after this event.

>> No.19934045

>>19933979
Imagine what could be.

Many of the most adverse societal events are fueled by centralized control of fiat currencies. Despots pay their enforcers in government currencies and steal the wealth of their constituents through inflation. Political bullies silence their opposition by threatening their donors with loss of employment or violence. Races and classes experience discrimination through favorable tax status for favored groups.

A world where people’s wealth is truly theirs is a step forward on all fronts. If wealth can’t be confiscated it can only be obtained by providing value to real people. Were a government to try and take its people’s wealth through force or inflation, their fiat would experience an economic veto through loss of purchasing power. If a political party started trying to silence opposing voices, rather than debating them in an open forum, their ideas would be exposed.

Most importantly, those persons in society who actually produced goods and services for others would be rewarded, starting a virtuous cycle where every member was valued and every person could be certain that if they worked and made the world a better place, they would be rewarded rather than targeted.

>> No.19934063

>>19933785
no anon, you are currently sitting on an [unknown amount] of Monero.
I agree with your .1 BTC estimate. Trying to predict price in crypto though is a fools errand.

>> No.19934087
File: 308 KB, 800x2000, HOW TO BUY MONERO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19934045
Monero is the only asset on Earth that ensures both your money stays yours and that bad external actors are unable to use your money against you.

- Monero’s privacy is the only one which has passed the chain analysis and law enforcement tests

- Monero is the ideal hedge for anyone who doesn’t want to have to worry about trusting their government, their banking system, their political system or the social whims of other people

- Monero allows for value transfer that is enforceable by the individual rather than by force

Join the thousands of people building a fairer, safer and freer world: buy, hold and use Monero.

>> No.19934367
File: 456 KB, 767x1080, RULES.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933785
Rule #1, anon.

>>19934063
I agree with this anon, trying to guess prices is just that: guessing. Nobody knows what the future holds, but there's lots of good reasons to think it will be bright for technologies that offer people privacy in the face of increasing surveillance.

>> No.19934447

>>19934087
what is a monero case fren? im a newfag in all this crypto shit, is it a wallet or something different?

>> No.19934582

Monero has been on my mind lately. don't own any yet. wished i bought when it dipped in march. really thinking about loading up now. it has been around a while, still being developed and has massive support.

>> No.19934724

>>19934582
Price is at the bottom, well if bitcoin doesnt shit the pants.

>> No.19934857

>>19934447

XMR is like any other crypto- coins exist on a blockchain and are held by wallet addresses, which are typically accessed with graphic user interfaces.

The Monero use case most people are familiar with is buying drugs on the Darknet. Monero is used very successfully for that purpose and preferred by those engaging in illicit activity, because Monero's first priority is user anonymity.

It has value to anyone who values financial privacy or wants to shield their transactions from interference by third parties.

Men in hostile divorces, those facing asset seizure due to civil litigation or the tax-man, those in countries whose policies are leading to hyperinflation, and people who have a problem to their tax dollars being spent unethically could all use Monero as a solution,

>> No.19936209

>>19934582
Keep doing research and when you are ready DCA.

>> No.19936917

Comfiest stock diversification
DCA everything, keep it up chads

>> No.19937002

>>19934857
Ooooh I get it now, I thought 'case' meant like a container, not the reason for having it. Would you recommend stocking on XMR for holding purposes?
Also I'm using Binance but I read it's not the best, which wallet would an anon recommend?
Thanks bro

>> No.19937022

>>19933596

Why XMR and not ZEC?

>> No.19937277

>>19937022
Xmr has passed the us law enforcement test zec has not
A privacy coin is valueless if its privacy is not bulletproof

>> No.19937327

>>19933596
Ive said it for actual years... If a coins not "funglible" then its worthless.

Just literally research the meaning of fungiblity within currencies and you will realise like an epiphany why...

Monero is...The One

>> No.19937331

>>19937002
>Would you recommend stocking on XMR for holding purposes?
Sure, but we also recommend using it as it's the only way we can grow as a userbase.
>Also I'm using Binance but I read it's not the best, which wallet would an anon recommend?
I've never used Binance but it is a good way to get Monero. Do you mean you are keeping cryptos on an exchange? This is a really bad idea, because as the adage goes, "not your keys, not your crypto".
Anyways, for noobies, I recommend the My Monero wallet. It's very simple to use. The Monero Gui wallet is also nice.
>>19937022
ZEC is optional privacy which makes it useless. It also has no userbase.

>> No.19937427
File: 133 KB, 724x1024, The-Enemy-is-listening-Final-Monero-724x1024.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19937002
For easiest use (and if you're spending it regularly), I would recommend Cake Wallet or Monerujo. Both are trusted by the XMR community. They're phone friendly apps, optimized for quick and easy transactions, and are the best "Hot Wallets."

For a "Cold Wallet" (one where you save monero for a long time) the official Monero GUI is best. You can download it from getmonero.org . For increased security, you can pair it with a hardware wallet.

As far as holding vs spending- In the XMR community it's considered a bit gauche to speculate too much about the price mooning. Most enthusiasts (myself included) think that the coin is extremely undervalued at present and will likely rise with the crypto market in general, as well as with increased adoption in the global black and grey markets. I have some XMR that I spend and encourage others (like my barber and mechanic) to accept as payment. I have other XMR in cold storage that I view as a medium-risk savings account. Monero and all crypto COULD go to 0, but I think it's much more likely that it will gain value in the coming years.

I would strongly recommend that you never keep any crypto on an exchange. The beauty of crypto is that it allows you to be your own bank. When an exchange has your funds, you don't really own them. They're playing the bank, and if they get robbed, or decide to exit scam, or their regulations change in a way that affect your ability to withdraw funds, the coins you bought are no longer yours. Binance is more legitimate than most, but it's still not immune to hacks or government fuckery.

>> No.19937479
File: 1.40 MB, 1206x942, zmhi35ud8q351.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19937022

ZEC has a privacy option, but it's not built on privacy. Monero's dev team is prioritizing privacy first, and it's not vulnerable to chain analysis in the way its competitors are. That's the reason its rapidly becoming the standard for all underworld digital transactions.

In a big picture sense- people are lazy. If privacy isn't the default, they're gonna fuck up and not use it.

https://decrypt.co/31461/coinbase-wants-to-identify-bitcoin-users-for-dea-irs
>"According to public records, the Drug Enforcement Administration and the Internal Revenue Service are planning to buy licenses from Coinbase for a cloud-based software called Coinbase Analytics. According to the prospective DEA contract, Coinbase's software will provide "identity attribution" for crypto addresses both domestically and internationally."
https://blog.chainalysis.com/reports/introducing-chainalysis-investigation-compliance-support-dash-zcash
>"Dash and Zcash allow users to conduct transactions with greater privacy, but that doesn’t mean they provide total anonymity. The two cryptocurrencies’ privacy features — both in how they’re built as well as how they’re used in the real world — leave room for investigators and compliance professionals to investigate suspicious or illicit activity and maintain compliance. With Chainalysis product’s support, cryptocurrency businesses are now able to incorporate Dash and Zcash into their compliance programmes."

>> No.19937522
File: 52 KB, 640x531, 01dsj8uiw1751.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

ISIS stopped accepting funds in Bitcoin because it's too traceable. Those guys have the full might of the US Government literally trying to bankrupt and kill them and anyone who supports them, and they're trusting Monero.

PS- Fuck ISIS. But their endorsement of the project shows that it's doing exactly what it was built to do.

>> No.19937622
File: 42 KB, 640x633, kek.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19937522
>Oh no no no no no

It was only a matter of time. P.S I hold some monero and I am 100% for user privacy.

>> No.19937800

>>19937522
ISIS has figured it out. I know some white supremacist talking heads as well. We'll soon hear about BLM activists and Honk Kong activists as well.

>> No.19938110

>>19937479

Thank you for the reply.

Any thoughts on one genuine anonymity coin [XMR, for example] being able to obfuscate ownership of all coin through decentralized smart contracts?

For instance, a smart contract that exchanges BTC for BCH but goes through a channel such as [BTC > XMR > BCH]?

Would something like XMR eventually be additionally used as just an obfuscation layer, or a decentralized contract such as [BTC > XMR > BTC] ?

>> No.19938513

>>19937331
>>19937427
I was keeping it on the wallet of the binance platform, it must be on the exchange. Great, thanks for the tips guise, I'm gonna get me some downloadable wallets.
I'd need a dedicated one for XMR and another for BTC, right?

>> No.19938662
File: 15 KB, 200x200, honklhonk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19937800
>Honk Kong

>> No.19938670

>>19938513
I use coinimi, it has btc and xmr and others. I change smalle amounts of btc tot monero with their coinswitch.

>> No.19938693

>>19938670
Coinomi*

>> No.19938727

>>19938670
I'll check it out, thanks. So I should use the binance wallet only when trading? Or it isn't really necessary?
Do you have a /biz/ certified guide to learn all this? I hate asking retarded questions I feel I'm wasting all you guys' time

>> No.19938798

>>19938110
One of Monero's biggest usecases right now is "washing", which is essentially what you are saying. So someone with Bitcoin exchanges for Monero, and then sends that to a Monero Wallet.
You can at this point stay in Monero, or send your Monero to a Bitcoin wallet via xmr.to (the service automatically sends your Monero to an exchange and then auto debits and equal amount of Bitcoin to whatever address that accepts it.
This therefore protects the sender and gives the Bitcoin receiver the Bitcoin they want.
So yes, Monero can be used for cases similar to what you are saying, however I think we will reach a point where people just stay in Monero because it is easier that way.
>>19938513
There are many different options. If you are new, I would again recommend lightwallets for both Monero and Bitcoin.
>>19938662
I kek'd

>> No.19938852

Do any of you guys use exodus to store your xmr? Curious if you all have opinions about it

>> No.19938893

Any of you monero fans in XHV haven protocol?

>> No.19938906

>>19938727
Binance is just An exchange yea, hold your own private keys. An exchange could get hacked

>> No.19938962

>>19938893
interesting idea, probably controlled by one whale, unfriendly mining algorithm, late to the stablecoin game. It's a good idea that had potential, but no.

>> No.19938963

>>19938906
>>19938798
Wow thanks anons, I live in a shit economy and though of securing my assets buy crypto looked so intimidating. It's like layers upon layers.

>> No.19939039

Are there any exchanges which respect my privacy? I want to trade some crypto without the faggot government knowing.

>> No.19939163

>>19939039
Tradeogre if you already have bitcoin

>> No.19939281

>>19938852
I've never used it personally. It is closed source, which to a lot of us is something to be skeptical about, but I don't think I've heard of them ever scamming anybody.
>>19938893
no
>>19938963
It's okay anon. If you have any questions we can help you.
>>19939039
Kucoin is nice. Tradeogre for smaller amounts. If you really want to be a chad, you can get into Bisq (p2p decentralized exchange(, but it's a little technical.

>> No.19939384

>>19939039
BISQ, its p2p and runs as an .exe.

>> No.19939421

>>19933596
>This daily general is for supporters
this daily general is recording and triangulating IPs for the feds

>> No.19939586

>>19933596
nothing changed the last few years guys.
i still like monero as tech still bearish on it as an investment. tech is awful fundamental for crypto. you should have learned that by now. if it works it can be copied under 5 minutes.

>> No.19939628

>>19939586
Youre welcome to short the asset if you want

>> No.19939649

>>19939586
but sure enough if i ever set up a crypto shop there will only be 3 coins listed: bitcoin, monero, ethereum
these three pretty much cover the entire use case for crypto

>> No.19939665

Just going to leave this here

https://ia801504.us.archive.org/34/items/dark-web-files-from-blueleaks/200309%20LES%20FBI%20EIR%20-%20Darknet%20Market%20Actors%20Likely%20Convert%20Illicit%20Bitcoin%20to%20Monero%20Using%20MorphToken%20Cryptocurrency%20Exchange%2C%20Impeding%20Law%20Enforcement%20Tracing%20Efforts.pdf

>> No.19939672

>>19939628
i will if i can short it on bitmex. i fucking short everything there. we are about to have a 50% correction on the 3.6k to 10.4k rally. $7k is a decent target.

>> No.19939864

>>19939586
>if it works it can be copied under 5 minutes.
except the network's hashrate and community support, contributions cannot be copied in 5 seconds you imbecile. what is a monero clone without the hash rate to validate it? a joke that my gaming PC could attack lol

>> No.19939887

>>19939864
>except the network's hashrate and community support
that's the point the tech means nothing. monero has good tech but lacks in every other way.

>> No.19939918

>>19939586
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/monero-transactions.html
What was that about nothing changing? Adoption takes time and we are taking over the dark net. It is actually happening. We just need to be patient and continue educating normies.
>>19939665
based
>>19939421
Shyz0
LMFAO based schizo

>> No.19939970

>>19939864
i think it costs about $3000 an hour to attack monero something absolutely laughable. good point. it has only like 1gh/s

>> No.19939979

>>19938727
You're absolutely not wasting our time at all anon. Answering questions like these and welcoming people to the community is why these threads exist.

If you're daytrading crypto, it isn't the worst idea in the world to have it on a reputable exchange.

But if you're making any investments other than short term ones, it's a very good idea to have your coins on a wallet that you own, rather than one that is on an exchange. Other anons have elaborated on this, but the short version is an old saying in crypto: If you don't own the keys, you don't own the coins. On an exchange, they're the ones who own the keys, and you're trusting them to keep your crypto safe from thieves, and to pay you when you want to cash it out.

For the most secure storage, I'd recommend a Ledger product (some anons here will disagree, and they have some good reasons). Ledger is one of the most secure options you have, especially if you're not super tech literate.

Basically it will (strong probably) prevent anybody from being able to steal your funds, even if that person sucessfully hacked your computer. It does this by requiring you to physically interact with a thing outside your computer before you're allowed to move coins out of your wallet.

>> No.19940001

>>19939918
tx-es are the easiest metric shitcoiners can spoof just look at shitcoin sv!

>> No.19940005

>>19938727
Also, Anon, I'm not aware of any biz certified guide, but if you want to join our telegram group (link in the OP), I/we would be more than happy to help you through the process and answer any questions you have.

>> No.19940019

>>19940001
You can belive what you want Anon, or you can go on any dark net forum and see what I'm talking about for yourself. I'm not going to hold your hand here. The fastest growing dark net marketplace this year is White House Market...

>> No.19940088

>>19940019
i will just wait and see how it turns out. absolutely bearish on all alts against bitcoin. my comment on the tx-es is valid tho costs next to nothing to spoof tx count. sent in usd is usually better indicator for adoption. and should be able to tell in aggregate but bitinfocharts don't have it.

>> No.19940175

>>19939979
>>19940005
Nice, I'll join after I'm done with some things.
I was thinking of both storing and trading to see how well could I do, so I just started with a very small investment, not over a hundred bucks. I'll move my shit to a secure wallet once I decide which one to use, for now I'll use a software wallet because I can't afford anything else, but I didn't know that hardware wallets were a thing

>> No.19940180

>>19940088
Monero can't show that though because tx amounts are hidden.
And that's fine anon, but you really should go check out Dread for example. Monero is the most recommended crypto for the dark net. Within 18 months we will control it.

>> No.19940356

>>19939970
so laughable i'm sure you could afford to attack it, r-right anon? it's as simple as having 3k for an hour right?
>laughable

>> No.19940377

>>19940175
Great! We look forward to having you whenever.

A software wallet is gonna cost near 100 bucks anyway, so I'd say you should have some fun, play the market, and spend a few weeks or months learning about a bunch of projects in the crypto space. At some point, you might find yourself ready to put some away long term, and at that point a hardware wallet might make sense.

A piece of advice about day trading- play with house money. If you make $100 off a $100 investment, you now have $200. Take your investment back out, and keep gambling with the money you initially made. If you lose it all, you're not down from your initial sum in. Trust me, it'll help psychologically on the days where your investments don't pan out.

>> No.19940438

>>19939970
lmfao your math is off by tens of millions

>> No.19940535

Randomx pow was a 4d chess moved.
Super based.
Shit can't be fucked with by chinese miners

>> No.19940586

>>19940377
just tried to join but the link is broken, what's the name of the group? so I can find it from the app.
Hope we all make it ;_;

>> No.19940634

>>19940586
>https://t dot me/joinchat/RzBppVXb6p1_fS3jM47yqg
where it says "dot" insert a "."

>> No.19940669

>>19940634
>where it says "dot" insert a "."
I know that, Firefox can't find the server or something, neither my phone

>> No.19940701

>>19940669
Nevermind, I'm a retard I read the address wrong

>> No.19941558
File: 1.14 MB, 1080x1521, totalsurveillance-medium.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933596
"I think that the only effective defense against the coming surveillance dystopia is one where you take steps yourself to safeguard your privacy, because there's no incentive for self-restraint by the people that have the capacity to intercept everything. A historical analogy could be how people learned that they should wash their hands. That required the germ theory of disease to be established and then popularized, and for paranoia to be instilled about the spread of disease via invisible stuff on your hands that you can't see, just as you can't see mass interception. Once there was enough understanding, soap manufacturers produced products that people consumed to relieve their fear. It's necessary to instill fear in people so they understand the problem before they will create enough demand to solve the problem." -
"Creating an electronic currency is a big deal precisely because control over the medium of exchange is one of the three ingredients of a state." "If you take away the state's monopoly over the means of economic interaction, then you take away one of the three principal ingredients of a state. In the model of the state as a mafia, where the state is a protection racket, the state shakes people down for money in every possible way. Controlling currency flows is important for revenue-raising by the state, but it is also important for simply controlling what people do- incentivizing one thing, disincentivizing another thing, completely banning a certain activity, or an organization, or interactions between organizations." "Government regulation has made particular financial players kings and doesn't allow other market entrants. Economic freedom has been impinged by an elite group that is able to influence both regulation and the principles involved in these banks."

>> No.19941605
File: 64 KB, 750x741, slim.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The stability of XMR lately has made it one of the best digital stores of value that can inevitably only go up over the long term. This is one of the safest investments in crypto.

>> No.19942021

>>19940535
Absolute Chad move of the part of the devs

>> No.19943045

Bump

>> No.19943567
File: 272 KB, 788x669, 1592600602506.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19943657

>>19943567
Spicy

>> No.19944267
File: 103 KB, 640x480, 1567177403458.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

extremely based thread anons, i hope a proper schizo FUD btfo material can be presented when retards link year old articles about monero exploits that would get rid of any FUDposter in upcoming threads

>> No.19944689

Bitcoin and Monero are the only cryptoCURRENCIES worth mentioning in any conversation, EVER.

>> No.19945717 [DELETED] 

Imagine making a thread for a coin that gets barely any daily volume and will be delisted from all exchanges

t FINRA

>> No.19945780

Bump for privacy

>> No.19945791
File: 62 KB, 1280x720, download (1).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

boo

>> No.19945805
File: 44 KB, 480x532, 1517238563-loki-tom-hiddleston-thor-ragnarok.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19933596
>What's up Monero Chads? Who's feeling comfy?
Yeah, I moved to LOKI
There is more LOKI threads here than XMR
Why did you abandon us, OP?

>> No.19945887

>>19945805
Loki is a shitcoin scam with no userbase >>19945805

>> No.19946018

>>19944689
What is chainlink

>> No.19946029

>>19933596
>cypherpunk
Cringe

>> No.19946031

>>19945805
I'm back, and this >>19945887

Come play with the big dog when your coin has 6 years of unwavering commitment to being the best fuckin privacy coin around. Until then, stay in your own thread.

>> No.19946291

>>19946029
You may be confusing us with cyberpunks, anon.

CyPHERpunk is a hacker movement with its foundations in the earliest iterations of the internet.

To quote the wiki, which I'd encourage you to read,

>"A cypherpunk is any activist advocating widespread use of strong cryptography and privacy-enhancing technologies as a route to social and political change."

In short, those of us in the XMR community think that a panopticon surveillance society is forthcoming, and that encryption and privacy tech is a legal, effective way for individuals to take a stand against that disturbing trend in government.

>> No.19946773

>>19945805
cringe, having trouble believing this. how can u be into a project like Monero and then swap it out for some shitcoin.

>> No.19946779

>>19940180
>Monero can't show that though because tx amounts are hidden.
not the total amounts

>> No.19946799

>>19940356
i could afford it yeah if i wanted to.
>>19940438
nah, it's not i think you overestimate your shitcoin. pretty much the only crypto not easily nicehashable is bitcoin. eth is hard too. not impossible like bitcoin.

>> No.19947272

non-US citizen, but in a country with crypto CGT

what's the most effective way that I can buy XMR without the glowies knowing? any way of doing it with cash or another way that's not tied to my bank account? my main concern is that I received a legitimate email recently from the government that they know I traded some BTC (a tiny amount that I immediately spent on buying moda, so I have ~10c left in an exchange that I don't care about) a few years ago and asking me that I should declare CGT

>> No.19947369

>>19946799
Jfc. Bitcoin is literally dying, where do you actually think it Will be in a decade? Yes im holding that long

>> No.19947376

>>19947272
see this image: >>19934087

TLDR use local monero or an exchange with Weak or no KYC, plus good technological opsec.

>> No.19947477

>>19947376
I skimmed over that image previously, this is a great infographic. thanks anon, saved

>> No.19947819

>>19947369
>Bitcoin is literally dying
said every shitcoiner ever since 2015

>> No.19947829

>>19947369
>where do you actually think it Will be in a decade?
that's a tough question tho. $1 million easily

>> No.19947862
File: 166 KB, 665x654, E1DA3F7F-77F1-4110-9EA0-D880B5602ECD.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I have a few questions:

1. Is Monero quantum proof? Surely it’s a large target for govs to hack it. Sorry if stupid question I know the obfuscation with dummy accounts probably nullifies this but just curious.

2. Are there non drug markets to use Monero readily? Like, I can use my cuck coin CRO to get an Uber eats gift card and get 20% back which is lit. Crypto.com is Hong Kong based and seem cool with privacy and crypto ideals.

3. Am I a cuck for using the coinbase wallet? They removed the browser feature on trust wallet and I know about coinbase selling out their analytics software, but does this extend to their wallets? Or just their custodial services?

Sorry for the text wall genuinely curious. Thanks frens

>> No.19947990

>>19933596
I still hold 1,000 I bought at $1 (i've sold thousands and thousands along the way) , but this will never pass ATH again.

Buy Suterusu. My best advice as an early XMR chad.

>> No.19948346

>>19947990
>Buy Suterusu. My best advice as an early XMR chad.

I'm not buying your story

>> No.19948352

>>19947990
why would anyone trust this opinion?

suterusu has no active development, at least publicly. has no documentation, no working concept. maybe it will one day, but it has so so much ground to cover.

you got lucky and are hoping that will happen again.

>> No.19948454

>>19947862
1. Even though it won't be relevant for ages, Monero has put more thought into this than any other coin probably.

2. There's a bunch of merch stores for artists like Mariah Carey and Weezer. Cockbox VPS. Also anywhere btc is accepted with xmr.to

3. Yes, your whole post reads like you're a normie faggot.

>> No.19948464

>>19933596
I haven't read it all just yet. Cant government track you by using metadata or ip address? How can you be completely safe? I'm not too familiar with this stuff.

Not just for monero but for the computer you use to send it???

>> No.19948939

>>19939039
Upcoming XSN DEX, first fully decentralized lightning DEX. No KYC. When they start adding more coins they will do community polls to see what people want first. XMR should be added in rather quickly.

>> No.19949121

>>19948464
Dandelion ++ covers that now. Obviously without a VPN or Tor, the government can see you're using Monero but that's about it. For most people it's not about that though. You don't have to be a super hacker terrorist to use Monero. It just fixes the massive problems with bitcoin, a permanent public ledger. It's just stupid to put your financial transactions on something like that. As soon as people realize that's what bitcoin is they avoid it for anything serious. That doesn't just mean illegal transactions like drug markets but that's the only serious use of cryptocurrencies so far.

>> No.19949141

>monero

lol

>> No.19950078

>>19933596
Buying xmr from a crypto atm for the first time on a trip tgis weekend
Could xmr basically just become the backend for cash based truly private finance like this?

>> No.19951299

>>19947990
shitty larp. now gtfo, you fucking shill.