[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 212 KB, 1710x2048, nYTAFuN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19770430 No.19770430 [Reply] [Original]

>stock seems to be doing well
>as soon as I invest it falls
>cut losses and trade bearish instead
>it shoots up like a rocket
>put in some new money and decide to hold
>stock in free fall mode, lowest it has ever gotten

Time to read Benjamin Graham, I suppose.

>> No.19770463

>>19770430
Just buy and hold stocks if you don’t trade for a living..
No one knows if stocks will up or down over the next days, weeks, months.. but over a couple of years you’re almost guaranteed to make money if you’re holding a diversified portfolio.

>> No.19770590

>>19770463
Thanks, that's pretty solid advice.

>> No.19770790

1. The reason why you first hear or notice a stock is when it pumps
2. Markets are designed to extract as much money from you as possible.

>> No.19770875

The average stock trader (You) can still play catch up to swing traders by trading at specific times every year. Events happen throughout the span of each month, and certain events live for months to years. Take the oil prices, for instance. Not many people knew they were going to plummet, because not many people paid attention to oil or really thought about it. But the prices dropped like rocks, and that was your time to buy. Take Corona Virus. Every single stock event in the past hundred years has been influenced by major events. If you didn't think the Stock Market was going to crash then you're a brainlet and you just need to hold and talk to an advisor. But if you did have a brain, you knew Corona would eventually fuck things up due to panic selling. That was your time to buy in. The average person just needs one major event to happen each year, and they can catch up surprisingly close to a day trader. Just one fucking event a year, and you can make big gains.

Use your fucking brain, retard. If you're too late then don't bother, wait for the next one.

>> No.19771058

>>19770430
>stock seems to be doing bad
>as soon as I invest it goes up
>lock in profits and trade bearish instead
>some sucker decides to buy high
>as soon as he invests it falls
>sells low and closes my short
>stock seems to be doing bad
>as soon as I invest it goes up
thanks for playing

>> No.19771063

>>19770875
This, all my biggest gains were one off 'momentum' plays. Weed stocks in 2014, Trump election in 2016, crypto in 2017, etc. I lose for 90% of the year and then make it all back in a few months.

>> No.19771067

>>19770430
You're only interacting with the market that way because you've been lied to by "trading educators." If you examine your problem, you can come up with a framework that will allow you to more profitably do business. The answer is legitimately right in front of you. You just have to be creative.

>> No.19772087

>>19770875
And that I did. I bought into Boeing at 120 and rode it all the way to 230. Then I made the decision to hold further. I lost 2 months worth of profit in 2 days.

>> No.19772136

Stop gambling. Almost half the pros are outperformed by S&P500, what makes you think you're better than them?