[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 100 KB, 1378x904, LNa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19740995 No.19740995 [Reply] [Original]

Look at the charts for both LINK and NANO.

GET IN NOW. WE ARE ONBOARDING ANONS.

If you haven't noticed the entire crypto alt market is crashing. I don't know what is going on, but I have been watching the NANO chart and the movements over the past days, weeks, months... have been nothing short of insane. It went on a really impressive bull run and didn't slow down until the #39th largest holder dumped his entire stash starting at 1250. It is back up to 1180 now, and that is AFTER both the crash and this dump. I am not saying abandon link, because we all know link is FUTURE-PROOF. But nano is also FUTURE-PROOF! I have seen that there are several other marines who have also picked up a bag, so please, do yourself a favor and get in before this rocket takes off once and for all. I don't want to curse a good thing, but link does not look healthy right now, and it might be wise to pull out and rebuy in at a better price. The Candles we are potentially going to see will be insane, but that doesn't mean Jack shit when it comes to what the futu-

>> No.19741352
File: 20 KB, 600x414, candle.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP, you aren't supposed to say Candlejack's name, otherwise he will sna-

>> No.19741367

You can't say who's name agai--

>> No.19741372

>>19741352
You're doing it wrong.
After you say Candlejack's name you're su

>> No.19741428

Don't think we aren't paying attention, anon. Instant and feeless transactions go hand in hand with smart contract technology.

>The Future of IoT and Machine to Machine Payments

Companies like Amazon and Facebook are setting the standard for customer expectations and customer experience.

This includes everything from understanding the whole customer journey, defining the context and personalising it, to ensuring the payment experience is seamless and frictionless without compromising security.

Personalization and contextuality in the mobile payment domain are evolving with Machine to Machine payments. As the popularity of in-app experiences grows, like those used by Uber, there’s a corresponding need for a streamlined IoT enabled payment system. Billions of IoT devices are connected all over the world, and it won’t be long before almost all of our devices and technologies are connected through IoT.

Our technology is communicating with each other, or Machines are exchanging data with other Machines without the help of people. IoT improves this Machine to Machine interaction significantly, changing the experiences that we’re having as consumers.

The Machine to Machine, or M2M, connections market is predicted to reach $27 Billion by 2023, so we’re going to see an increase of IoT and M2M payment solutions. M2M is a term that is sometimes used interchangeably with IoT. But they’re actually different concepts. IoT technology is how devices communicate between diverse systems, and M2M refers to isolated systems that don’t communicate with each other.

>> No.19741436

>>19741367
Are you trying to say Candlejack? Because I think th--

>> No.19741468

When applied to M2M, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning enable systems to communicate with each other and make their own autonomous choices. So M2M payments can include a multitude of scenarios, like transactions based on customer behaviour without our knowledge. Regulations, ethics, and business rules can be included in intelligent machines through smart contracts, which are stored on blockchain technology. This increases the security of M2M transactions and enforces contract performance. Device agnostic solutions, like automatic SIM activation for telecom, also helps to support M2M capabilities and communication, and optimises network resources. Furthermore, contextualising payments with data and analytics helps facilitate fraud detection and terminal tracking, defines customer profiles, and blocks stolen devices.

The M2M payment system is going to continue to significantly disrupt the payments industry, simplifying transactions in emerging markets. The combination of IoT, AI and Machine Learning, and smart contracts are creating opportunities for new, different purchasing behaviours. And integrating the user experience with apps like my mom will get scared and say "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

>> No.19741504

More on smart contracts and microtransaction M2M + IoT technology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

>> No.19741558

This post has been brought to you courtesy of eBaum's World (tm)

>> No.19741707

That was weird, last thing I remember I saw something out of the corner of my eye moving then I just woke up back in my computer chair. My underwear is on backwards too. Anyways I found this on microtransactions + smart contracts:

>On M2M Micropayments : A Case Study of Electric Autonomous Vehicles

The proliferation of electric vehicles has spurred the research interest in technologies associated with it, for instance, batteries, and charging mechanisms. Moreover, the recent advancements in autonomous cars also encourage the enabling technologies to integrate and provide holistic applications. To this end, one key requirement for electric vehicles is to have an efficient, secure, and scalable infrastructure and framework for charging, billing, and auditing. However, the current manual charging systems for EVs may not be applicable to the autonomous cars that demand new, automatic, secure, efficient, and scalable billing and auditing mechanism. Owing to the distributed systems such as blockchain technology, in this paper, we propose a new charging and billing mechanism for electric vehicles that charge their batteries in a charging-on-the-move fashion. To meet the requirements of billing in electric vehicles, we leverage distributed ledger technology (DLT), a distributed peer-to-peer technology for micro-transactions. Our proof-of-concept implementation of the billing framework demonstrates the feasibility of such system in electric vehicles. It is also worth noting that my mom got scared and say "You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Air." I whistled for a cab and when it came near The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror If anything I could say that this cab was rare But I thought, "Nah, forget it. Yo home to Bel-Air!" I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8 And I yelled to the cabby yo holmes smell ya later Looked at my kingdom I was finally there To sit on my throne as the prince of Bel-Air.

>> No.19741766

>>19741436
>>19741367
>>19741352

Who the fuck is candlejack? And if this candlejack fellow is actually doing something to you mid type, why is your last character is a dash? It should just be a le

>> No.19741815

Why do you all keep saying candlejack? I come from reddit (hence the nano shilling), and really have no idea what you are ta

>> No.19741884
File: 64 KB, 600x600, 1448622796076.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19741766
I wouldn't worry about it.

>> No.19741979
File: 223 KB, 500x510, hg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19742092
File: 304 KB, 922x1027, m2m1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Realizing the impact of IoT and M2M technology is valuable.

Realizing that IOTA is broken and that Chainlink + Nano are going to be what is used for the fourth industrial revolution, is priceless.

>> No.19742123
File: 348 KB, 911x1064, m2m2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19742092

>> No.19742153
File: 263 KB, 915x930, m2m3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19742123

>> No.19742169
File: 341 KB, 920x931, m2m4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19742153

>> No.19742231
File: 1.31 MB, 1200x900, wbc1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19742278

>Cars that pay tolls, thermostats that pay bills based on projected monthly usage, airline baggage tags that authorize payments for luggage allowances – while these capabilities might have seemed like science fiction not too long ago, the IoT is making them possible now. In doing so, it is giving rise to the Internet of Payments (IoP), embedding digital payments deeply into consumers’ daily lives via an assortment of wearable devices – watches, wellness monitors and augmented reality glasses — that are moving from mild curiosity to commonplace status. Combined with crypto-currencies, the IoP will also give life to micropayments, an idea that has kicked around for years but has yet to go mainstream due to the lack of an enabling technology.Premised on consumers’ growing acceptance of digital payments, and a boom in connected device technology, the IoP is emerging as a force to be reckoned with. Consumers are now more willing to try devices that may be able to handle payments autonomously in the future. Research indicates that consumers are interested in devices such as connected security systems, smart thermostats, smart meters and smart cars. Some banks have begun efforts to incorporate the IoP into their digital offerings. For banks, the IoP will create more digital touchpoints that will send back large amounts of data that can be analyzed for greater insights into consumer behavior. Adopting this approach – what we call Code Halo™ thinking1 — will enable banks to track changing customer preferences and create differentiated offerings.The benefits of IoT will extend to improving other performance metrics, as well. Banks that have implemented machine-to-machine2 (M2M) solutions have experienced improved customer service and competitive advantage.

>> No.19742298

>For most banks, however, legacy systems impede efforts to upgrade to M2M technologies. As banks face competition from nimble-footed non-bank businesses that benefit from fewer regulations and agile business models, a proactive approach to innovating in this area will boost incumbents’ competitiveness. A bigger threat to banks is emerging in the form of crypto-currency startups, whose solutions negate the need for a bank altogether. Crypto-currencies are ideally suited to online micropayments; in fact, a number of startups are developing coin-mining devices that can be embedded into Internet-enabled consumer products to make payments. It is clear that banks must defend their turf in the payments arena. They need to devise a digitization strategy to scale their offerings to meet the consumer demand of the IoT era, while prioritizing data security and privacy. This means looking beyond the smartphone into the realm of machines that can communicate with one another and enable payments. To do this, banks will need to:

• Make the IoT central to their digital payments strategy.
• Create capabilities to incorporate new types of devices into the payments strategy.
• Improve their understanding of customer behavior using Code Halo thinking.
• Prioritize security and privacy.
• Partner with manufacturers of connected devices to create payment offerings.

>> No.19742316

>The Future of Payments The rise of the IoP is being fueled by the growth in connected things and consumer interest in a host of new applications, from fitness trackers and smartwatches, to IP-instrumented home appliances (see Figure 1, next page). The number of M2M connections, for example, is set to reach 18 billion by 2022 from 2 billion in 2011.3Connected devices, meanwhile, will grow to 50 billion by 2020.4 On the consumer side, there is a notable uptake of connected devices — 33% of early adopters in the U.S. monitor their daily activity using connected fitness trackers; families in the U.S. and UK own an average of seven connected devices.5Market followers believe the IoP will be the next stage in the evolution of digital payments. IoT-powered devices that can make payments promise greater convenience than ever before – for consumers as well as payees. Take the growing adoption of mobile payments. In-store mobile payment volumes are expected to surge in the next few years, growing at a CAGR of 154%.6Mobile payments, of course, are part of the larger digital payments landscape, which will also be impacted by the IoP.

>> No.19742329

>Micropayments Enabled by Crypto-CurrenciesMicropayments (i.e., payments made in very small denominations), have been discussed for almost two decades but have had limited success on the Internet, due primarily to high transaction costs (typically 2% to 3%) applied by payments processors. Companies such as Apple have been able to make micro-transactions work (individual songs can be bought for anywhere between 69 cents to $1.29) but within the limits of their walled-garden ecosystems. Yet, the forecast for micropayments growth is healthy. Pegged at $9.8 billion in 2013, micropayments are expected to reach $13 billion over the next three years.8 As crypto-currencies gain greater acceptance, companies are working to bring them into the mainstream by incorporating them into digital wallets.9 This trend points to the possibility of micropayments using crypto-currencies.The digital nature of crypto-currencies such as Bitcoin allows transactions to occur in exceptionally tiny fractions, starting from a few cents. 10 Moreover, these transactions are validated and recorded on a public ledger known as the blockchain. Although challenges with blockchain are still being overcome, the technology is designed to enable fast, secure and cheap transactions by decentralizing the ledger of transactions across user computers, eliminating the need for a centralized accounting system.11 A startup called BlockCypher recently cre-ated an API that enables users to make small payments in Bitcoins.12 Zip-Chain, a social network for Bitcoin users, has created an in-house tipping system that allows members to tip the website, thereby gener-ating revenue.1

>> No.19742354

>By taking payments directly from the user, such a system could also reduce content websites’ dependence on ad-based revenue. Crypto-currency-based micropayments are also likely to play a major role in the payments landscape by allowing machines to autonomously perform small payments; an example is cars that could communicate with parking garages to identify the best option in terms of price and availability. This could be a harbinger for banks, whose role in such transactions today is almost non-existent.Blockchain Challenges As blockchains and crypto-currencies evolve, industry participants need to be aware of the challenges that need to be overcome before these technologies are fully embraced:

•Scalability: Transaction volume remains con-strained compared with conventional payment networks.

•Float management: Since blockchains func-tion as pre-paid stored value rather than credit cards, money management can be problematic for some users.

•Ecosystem biases: Because blockchains operate as loosely confederated communities without regulatory scrutiny, participants can be subject to discriminatory or exclusionary behavior

My name is anon and thank you for attending my TED TALK

>> No.19742380
File: 1.20 MB, 1024x512, wbc2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.19742411

>>19740995
this shelter in place version of TED Talks is nice. Thanks for writing this essay

>> No.19742441
File: 340 KB, 1448x816, ap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19742411