[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 11 KB, 224x224, yaypepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19520693 No.19520693 [Reply] [Original]

What is tougher to grow? A business which provides a physical product, a software product or a service?

I'd say, hardest to easiest
>software
>service
>physical product

thoughts?

>> No.19520868

>>19520693
In my experience product is vastly harder than service, no idea about software but piracy seems like it could be an absolute stonewall for growth
Me and a friend conned the hospital we work at into setting up a recycling program that gives us all their aluminum, copper, and E-waste which we break back down into raw ingots and sell
Weve got 3 buildings in the network that we service, with a bid placed for a 4th, and so far the hardest part is selling the metals, right now no one wants to set up a proper contract they just want to order enough to keep going

>> No.19521049

>>19520693
Software is hard because you need to find a way to monetize it in a world where 99% of it is free and you almost always compete globally.
The most likely to do so is with businesses but you need a network and knowledge of their process to fit in.
If you are successful however it's a jackpot.

Product is second harder because you need good financial and network capital to set up operations from design to manufacturing to logistics.

Service is easiest because in most case you still compete locally and provided you have good appearance/social skill/charm build a loyal clientele.