[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 33 KB, 374x426, muydtnbryevarwc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
19491560 No.19491560 [Reply] [Original]

Sup /biz. Reddit is a trash fire with boring advise, but I'm currently debt free after almost 10 years of being massively in debt. I don't have a owned home, but rent for $350 a month which is the best deal I've been able to find for the size of the house. I have a few credit cards that I'm cycling through just to keep my credit score slowly building and a very small (3k) savings that I'm building into something of an emergency fund. I'm slowing investing in crypto through Coinbase, but unsure if that's the right platform to be using as I know next to nothing about crypto in general.

Basically, I'm good on life in general and have mostly just kept my spending to the same level it was when I was in debt as I can still cook and eat enough to survive. I just don't know where to go from here to try and get out of my 40 hour/week job as quick as possible

>> No.19491567

debt is nearly free u moron rack it up

>> No.19491595

>>19491560
Sir now you need to install teampseak on your computer and buy Google Play gift cards

>> No.19491633

>>19491595
okay do I need my social security number now or later?

>> No.19491688

>>19491560
well ur credit should be great if youve fully paid off the debt and already have cards on file

but now you should probably start making a portfolio or decide if you want to buy a house. really depends on ur age job and current spot in life

>> No.19491817

Save your money and buy an expensive durable asset with cash. Something you've wanted for a while or something that will hold/gain value over time. Freedom of full payment and pride in ownership is the greatest benefit of a debt free life.

>> No.19491865
File: 32 KB, 333x500, 2016-huber-vrb75-VRGLjzd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>19491817
pic related

>> No.19491886

Listen, assuming you’re American, if you’re comfortable living in a $350/mo dump then you need to start looking at Duplex style houses in your area that you can buy. Usually they can be had for nearly the same price as the other single family houses in the neighborhood. Your trajectory from there is to move into one side, rent the other side to some white nigger and then use their rent to pay the mortgage. Then, when you’re comfortable, you will use your income to secure a second home, at which time you will move out and rent BOTH sides of the duplex, paying the mortgage and now generating income. I think you see where this is going. If you get sick of Jimbo’s excuses on why the rent isn’t paid you should sell the duplex for a profit and pocket the money, dump it into your current house and sell that for a profit.

Tl;dr Into real estate. ROI is higher than most any shitcoin.

>> No.19491928

>>19491886
this is actually the smart answer, with an incoming housing crash and landlords fucked on mortgage or loan payments from covid there will probably be some new pre rented units for sale in a year

>> No.19492031

Read the Bigger Pockets book "Set for life".

Probably the best book on financial independence retire early F.I.R.E.

... Took me about 5 years to leave the rat race.

Worked hard at a job. At the start.

Saved money and bought high cash flow real estate with fixer upper potential.

Each property cash flowed about 1k per month net.

Now I'm about to close on my 9th property next month... I make about 10k per month, and don't have to wake up and go to work.

The dream is 100% possible.

>> No.19492096

>>19492031
youre having 0 issues with tenant rent payments right now? Also why grab a property right now?

>> No.19492427
File: 22 KB, 500x327, 1552897912266.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>why yes I am in fact retarded and spent 10 years of my life paying creditors money they don't deserve instead of doing the logical thing and having them all discharged under chapter 7
Never going to make it. The fact that you're still renting on top of all this shows how fruitless it was to pay it back like a good boy.