[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 52 KB, 587x587, 1586747274041.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18649839 No.18649839 [Reply] [Original]

Companies were so greedy about hiring only the highest-of-educated individuals for mop pushing in order to deplete the market of individuals who pose potential competition?
And how by extension they ensured the market would be saturated with highly educated and heavily indebted mop pushers, and the only ones who wouldn't make substantial income were those who didn't entrap themselves in a college loan to get a job they would have gained proficiency in just by working it?
Or how you can be a more valuable employee but if you don't have a college education you're barred from moving up because they can always argue you don't have the "education"?

Our job market perpetuated the idea that you are stupid unless you go to college to get a guarantee that you aren't stupid, even though it isn't guaranteed in the slightest.
How intentional is the rigging, and how much of it is just par for the course?

>> No.18650505

dunno if you know that but you just described the effects of low interest rates

>> No.18650586

>>18649839
DING DING DING DING DINGG!!!!!!

>> No.18650930

>>18650505
how does low interest rates come into it?
I was thinking it was a symptom of high minimum wage. We priced out the average Joe

>> No.18651132

>>18650505
Fucking how?
>>18649839
>How intentional is the rigging, and how much of it is just par for the course?
Good questions OP. I never thought about it this way. I know that they turn you into slaves by educating you in school and university.
So I would not be suprised when this whole thing "you need a degree to work for me and climb up the ladder" is part of the programming as well.
Because I know people who are in high positions, who never went to university.
Meanwhile some new graduate in the same company does some stupid work, where 15 years ago they just hired someone who didn't have a degree at all and just told him what to do.
Anyway, I want to think that this is not directly pushed.
I guess they just tell everybody that you need to have a degree.
Then everybody goes to university and you end up with a bunch of graduates and everybody wants to have a job. But there are not enough jobs but a lot of competition. So people end up in some dead end job, to earn at least some money.

To avoid all that you could obviously self educate yourself and just deliver good work. But 99,99% of people want the college experience and the degree, etc blabla

>> No.18651237

>>18651132
I think it could be that companies started expecting higher qualifications and that idea propagated throughout the entire job market.
Could be a higher sense of self-superiority by those who are hiring too, college educated men and women who expect the same from everyone below.

At my mom's old workplace, the CEO's daughter was in a substantial position, but her own father refused to let her climb the business ladder and earn more money because she didn't have a college education. Imagine being that toxic.

>> No.18651326

I wouldn't say it's a masterminded conspiracy. Its just the accretion of a thousand bad decisions which were informed by faulty worldviews (example: Everyone is equal/blank slate = college earners earn more money = let's use credit to send everyone to college)

>> No.18651347

>>18651326
That sounds the most plausible.
We went down the wrong road for too long and now its starting to get dark.

>> No.18651396

>>18651347

Were bending over backwards to incorporate non-real utopian fantasies into the fabric of our society, and its making us uncompetitive.

A society/business that practices things like affirmative action and forced gender equality cannot compete with one that is focused on ruthless efficiency and meritocracy.

>> No.18651631
File: 12 KB, 387x290, 1586918206650.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18651396
We perpetuated a false sense of prosperity by raising the minimum wage for even the most basic bullshit -that makes hiring too toxic for any legitimate homeland business startups- and you're ordered to choose employee candidates based on what flavor human is one we're trying to level the playing field for.

I can understand trying to level the playing field for groups of people because there will always be racism to some degree
But the government made starting a business, with all its hoops you have to jump through, almost fucking impossible.

If we had more homeland business and manufacturing and everything else, and the government didn't go so far up your ass about everything, we would see so much work to be done that you wouldn't have to worry about gender equality or race bias.

In China if you could work 12 hours a day in a factory for a fraction of the cost and didn't end up killing yourself or dying of overwork, it was a good day.
Meanwhile in the states you cant get Stacy or the average Chad to respect his job in any capacity besides something he has to begrudgingly do.

We have no societal work ethic, no respectable jobs that instill work ethic, and the only legitimate jobs that earn you a substantial amount are locked behind a paywall that I-94's are more than willing to come over and do instead.