[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2 KB, 210x230, 0f61315a71ae2d896be30bc12b805df4-imagepng.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18554578 No.18554578 [Reply] [Original]

So there are normiefags who actually spends ours and ours moving pixels with joysticks or mouse and keyboard just so another pixel goes up one number. So basically gaming is the best eficient scam in this world and i just realised this after playing myself heavily league of vidya...Today im oficially quitting vidya because its time taking and also nothing but pixels going up in numbers and moving around.
So i wasted like 12 years of my life to vidya (am 26) , what to do now with my life?

>> No.18554601

Good decision, anon. It will be tough because of dopamine relapse. Get through with it and live a slow life. Begin breathing slowly and time will pass slower for you. Enjoy the little things in life, go out in nature and use your senses

>> No.18554618

>>18554601
Based as fuck

Fuck video games

>> No.18554638

>>18554578
>So i wasted like 12 years of my life to vidya (am 26) , what to do now with my life?
start trading and make a number go up instead of a pixel

>> No.18554662

>>18554638
good idea to try but i am skeptical of TA
id say start a business, make revenue go up and youre golden.

>> No.18554692

>>18554578
Deciding that something is or isn't a reasonable fascimile for reality is one of the few perks of the human condition.

>> No.18554702

fuck vidya,only manchildren who have no direction play it

>> No.18554739

As a game dev and gamer myself I think the World without games would be awful and I like to make a living making fun things for people to play but nowadays most of the popular ones are a trap and most of the gamers addicts. Like everything good, should be consumed in moderation.

>> No.18554767
File: 1.26 MB, 2000x1328, 1586029627189.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Good decision. The key to life is being in a constant state of contentment and happiness where doing fun things is unnecessary. You can still do them, but you won't feel compelled to waste hours and you'll be fine doing nothing at all. To reach this state, it's a twofold process. First, make your body a temple. Eat natural nutritious food, sleep at least 8-9 hours a day, workout for an hour, don't do drugs. You'll wake up every morning just feeling good, no matter what.
The second half of the process is to achieve things and improve. Do little things around the house, read books, learn a language, push your physical and mental limits and set challenges for yourself. Happiness is victory, not pleasure.

Once you're totally content by doing these things, you'll feel little need to "do something with your life" because your life is already filled and fine. So then just find and activity you enjoy, outdoors are best but social organizations and even autistic hobbies can be great too. Just make sure you're always in a place where you can sit for hours doing nothing without being bored simply because you're feeling good.

>> No.18554788

modern life is a bore lol

>> No.18554866

For a while I only played video games because I liked beating other people, and being ranked in the top 500 out of hundreds of thousands/millions of people (world of warcraft arenas, I was probably in the top 25 or 50 in NA for my class before I quit) was super addicting. I soon discovered that the only realistic way to monetize it was to be firmly in the top 100 US, and the time investment to go from top 500 to top 100 was exponentially more than it was to go from top 10000 to top 500. The time investment required to probably barely make more than minimum wage was insane and totally not worth it.

About a year ago I quit and started channeling that creative energy into starting various businesses in various industries/models and I've found it to be just as satisfying. You're still competing with people/businesses directly, but the bar is way WAY lower compared to video games. Like, in WoW, 95% of people who did arenas were absolute fucking dogshit, and I would beat the people in the 95-98th percentiles probably 9/10 times. In business it almost feels reversed and when I look at my competition, there's usually only a handful of companies that offer a good product or service while also having a good customer experience.

The skillgaps for business are way more gradual, and it almost feels like just by virtue of giving a fuck and trying that you beat 90% of the competition.

>> No.18554885

>>18554866
>I quit and started channeling that creative energy
freudian slip I guess, I meant to say competitive energy. But my strats in WoW were also very creative and innovative compared to what everyone else was doing (I never blindly followed the meta)

>> No.18554925

>>18554767
Unbelievably redpilled.

You basically described me on weed

>> No.18555061

>>18554578
I haven't played in years but my video game cravings are stronger than they've been since. I've always been restless but video games have been one of those things that could calm me. I've found it's simply more stimulating and "idealistic" than real life, somewhere I can escape to and get lost for hours. I'll probably relapse at some point and I don't think it will ever truly escape me.

>ours and ours moving pixels with joysticks or mouse and keyboard just so another pixel goes up one number
You could apply the same logic to real life moving atoms and energy around until death. It's just what you make of it, which will be different for everybody.

>> No.18555112

How moving pixels is any different from moving atoms surrounded by atoms?

>> No.18555719

>>18554578
EUPHORIC