[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 226 KB, 1017x1363, 1581062342116.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18506258 No.18506258 [Reply] [Original]

Is it already in the process, just hard to notice?
Or is it waiting for a killer app or implementation that sees savings and causes a cascade?
Or, maybe some technology is holding it back (which i think is les of an issue than i used to. Ethereum i used to consider it a bottle neck till ETH 2 many years from now, but with things like Abitrum i no longer believe this is going to stop Link mooning at least initially.

I've been holding this shit so long I can really see the forest from the trees anymore.

>> No.18506307

>>18506258
It's up over 10x in 2 years. Things are going pretty well.

>> No.18506354

>holding back
that's just your impatience, anon. frankly, i'm a little worried about you. i don't think you have what it takes to hold it until you make it.

>> No.18506364

>>18506258
>>18506307

Chainlink is a centralized scam. No one wants to use it cause it's centralized and insecure.

Their marketing is complete bullshit. Normans like yourself and linkers who don't know how to code gobble it up, but actual programmers building projects would never use insecure vaporware, so they don't.

>> No.18506404

Regulations might be holding the bigger companies back. Defining what a smartcontract is by law and stuff like that. Plus Chainlink doesn't have enough data feeds yet, they are more focused on DeFi.

>> No.18506411

>>18506258
Any actual usage, outside of the vapor economy of ethereum, would definitely help. Maybe instead of tweeting about a new fake partnership everyday, they should send someone a bill for a token purchase and post that.

>> No.18506424
File: 262 KB, 1404x946, 1584314694409.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Its literally just waiting for it to be used. Needs more contracts. More data. Actual, useful, realworld contracts. Which it will get, through the 2.0 network, in due time.
I feel like you guys are expecting things to happen now, but... This is (literally) just phase 0 guys. Be patient. If you want to get rich quick, maybe just get out. Link is up what 500% over last year and 50% past month?
What else do you want? Personally I am only holding ETH as it is the framework for what it is to come. It needs our energy.
Eth thrives and link will follow. But eth is slow and meticulous in its roadmap (a good thing) so just chill and stack.

>> No.18506444

>>18506258

Combination of killer app, technology, and giving time so link is proven reliable. The catch is it’s really hard for any one part to advance far without the others. So things need to keep advancing incrementally. Upside is this will flip at some point, instead of each part holding everything else back, they’ll all accelerate each other.

>> No.18506447

>>18506354

I am growing impatient.
It's a theme of my life for the past few years. "just wait a little longer. be patient"

My life has very much felt in stasis, always waiting a little longer, but not knowing when. I don't plan to sell after holding so long. either it moons 1keoy or i hold it to the ground.

I think maybe, as said, i just cant see the forest for the trees anymore. it's up considerably since i bought it i suppose. breaking the $5 barrier seems hard, and makes me think 1000$ will be decades away, but i suppose once 5$ and 10$ is broken, it's only another 10x till $100, at which point, a 1$ gain will be like 5 cent gain atm. shit grows faster the higher it gets. thinking in those terms, 1000$ doesn't seem so strange anymore.

>> No.18506493

>>18506411

Something is stopping industry adoption. and that isn't just LINK. that is Eth, and smart contracts in general. I'm not sure what it is. like >>18506404
said perhaps.

Or maybe it's just archaic inertia of the traditional world and big companies that makes them so fucking slow to do shit. I was thinking earlier today that COVID-19 might even spur these faggy boomer companies to change shit.

Lastly, DeFi might be targeted by Sergey atm becase he's lighting a fucking fire under the boomer companies ass while they are so slow. He's forcing adoption elsewhere in the meantime and scaling shit up so by the time they get there ass together they may already be getting left behind.

>> No.18506521

>>18506447
First off stop reddit spacing
Secondly stop masturbating to the price and pay attention and keep up with the fuckin literature. Do you know the project inside and out? Youre invested in it so you should, but it doesnt sound like you do, because you have no idea why its value is what it currently is.

>> No.18506559

>>18506258
Whatta a fucking dumbass.
Not many projects in ANY Market sectors reach $1b in valuation.
Ignorant Crypto fags just push my buttons

>> No.18506569

>>18506493

Just like the internet.
A lot of companies didn't even have a website, or one worth having till 10 years ago at earliest, and more so in the past 5 years has that shit really taken off and they were finally faced with having one or being irrelevant.

It's kinda like that. All these meme crypto DeFi platforms will do their thing like the early internet companies did, and once they get too big to ignore and have these lucrative opportunities boomer companies will have to adapt and adopt or die again.

>> No.18506576

>>18506258
>bigger stack than you
>bigger dick
>better hair
You are like ants to me.

>> No.18506596

First ask yourself what a fully mature smart contract toolkit looks like, then look at where we are currently, then consider how long it will realistically take to get from A to B.

>> No.18506607

>>18506521

It's value is currently as so because of the speculation, combined with the fact it's done nothing but delivery while under promising since it's inception. Combined with no hype and normies being relatively in the dark about it. Also, it's a necessary part of the smart contract system. being long on Link is basically like being long on all of crypto with exponential less exposure to risk, which is why frankly i think its retarded to invest in anything but LINK in crypto bar BTC and Eth.

>> No.18506620

>>18506258
Nobody wants, or needs it, and even if they did, they could have an azure blockchain solution not tied to a cryptocoin written for them by any number of contractor houses, like Accenture.
The #1 market for this - the US, simply has no interest in crypto as a business tool because of the tax liabilities and the fact that all crypto is heavily manipulated and connected to crime. They have no need for the "service" Linkchain provides, if they did, they would have invented it before crypto was even a thing. It has no business model that makes sense, no use case that makes sense. All it does is make a fat dude in a plaid shirt rich by skimming fees off processes that don't need his "network".
Anyway, it's dead in the water if and until Congress rewrites the laws on how crypto is taxed - and all criminal influence chased off, and the manipulation. Don't hold your breath, in other words.
Linkchain is just another middleman scam holding out their begging cup to industry when they're going from their building to the limo.
Linkfags can spout off about the bullshit "partners" and all of the other bamboozlery around this cult coin, but they cannot refute that industry said "nope" long ago, and have had ample opportunity to buy in. None have. None will.

>> No.18506669
File: 29 KB, 511x515, 1531143279550.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18506620

>there is no need for TCP/IP for businesses. If there was, it would have been already invented by now.

>> No.18506796

>>18506669
You do know that's a false equivalency, right? ...because tcp/ip was free. Also, it's a bit of a non sequitur, companies did, in fact, dive nuts first into it at the first sign of use case and viable market.

You make some really good points in this thread; there was no reason to go off script.

>> No.18506864

>>18506796

No. Very select companies invented it, and shilling email alone was a monumental task that fell on death ears to most companies for at least 10 years.

It took a further 20 years before every business on earth found the value of using the internet for their business and Amazon/google grew into what they were before those laggy fucks woke up and caught up.

>> No.18507021

>>18506669
This is exactly the kind of cult response I expected - all meme, no substance. "Any day now" instead of an actual business model.

But you keep paying that fat dude's mortgage. It's all you're good for. And he was smart enough to con you.

>> No.18507962

>>18506258
sergay betrayed us all, we were supposed to be all in this together

>> No.18508139

Too much risk of getting hacked I think

>> No.18509066

>>18506258
You answered your own question
Arbitrum is still on testnet and full commercial integrations arent live yet
We know at least oracle is going live in 2h 2020
It would be nuts to think the other platforms wont launch in a similar timeframe

How are you confused

>> No.18509217

>>18506258
They are building a layer of trust for a protocol that will inevitably serve as the backbone for some of the most important names in the financial space.
Shit takes time.

>> No.18509270

>>18506447
You sound like a nice lady. Keep your chins up, you'll get there.

>> No.18509326

>>18506447
Then stop fucking watching it. Go on with your life. Crypto.coms app lets you send notifications to yourself at certain prices. Set it and forget it. I always say, when link does what its supposed to, you wont need to check it because itll be so culturally ubiquitous you wont be able to get away from it.

>> No.18509332

>>18506307
>It's up over 10x in 2 years

It's below the price it was in June last year... And that was based on nothing but fraudulent internship scams like Gravelcoin and Google.

Since then it has not secured a single commercial customer.

>> No.18509365

It's a solution in search of a problem.

>> No.18509370

it's taking a long time because there are hundreds of unique backend systems and work flows that need to be adapted to integrate with smart contract platforms, on top of the fact that the people using smart contracts have to work with their counterparties about how best to use smart contract platforms in their relationships. we're waiting for the world to change business and trust assurance practices that took decades of work to design and perfect. be patient

>> No.18509520

>>18506596
It looks like Docusign's smart clause drag and drop system. So easy to use a toddler could do it

>> No.18509703

>>18509370
It isn’t going to fucking matter anyway how much money we make. Life is not going back to normal. Having 10 million dollars will be like having 10 million dollars on an island with 4 other people

>> No.18509753

>>18509217
Everyone is going to be poor. All you need are merc dimes to get some ass in this coming apocalyptic world.

You are all fucking retarded. ITS OVER.

>> No.18509829

You fags are coping hard. Everyone is just slathering fud. This fucking board is toxic as fuck. Make money w crypto or trade pokeman. Who gives a fuck what someone else does. Some anons bought 10k stacks of link for pennies and today that stack is worth thousands. Who gives a shit if its not gonna work out. Its still going up. Ive never seen such angry distain from a group of anons before.

>> No.18510351
File: 2.29 MB, 1024x1675, usa gold.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>18506424
>pic
imagine his face when the police hands him one of these babies in a couple of years

>> No.18510439

>>18506258
>What is holding back LINK
literally just that t sigs and staking aren't out, i bet they have em done and they're just waiting to release them b/c a few whales are still accumulating