[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 24 KB, 60x95, 1477914617464.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1847171 No.1847171 [Reply] [Original]

People of /biz/, I come in peace.

Reading wikipedia's article on money has intrigued me, and I'd like to know more about money is handled and economics in general. So I have just one question - where the fuck do I start? There's so much terminology. Should I start with that? Or should I start reading historical examples of the biggest booms and busts? Or should I start with accounting or the stock market?

I've already learned how the Middle East seemed to have originated every modern form of way we use money now, credit, debts and loans, transactional accounts, etc. So that was a surprise.

>> No.1847474

>>1847171
>1847171
Meh, im not rich but doing way better than i was and hopefully heading to great wealth.

My advice, take it as a casual hobby.

Its easy to get burned out if u treat it like a 2nd full time job.

Find meme teir personal finance books and go from there.

I literally went to a $600 rich dad poor dad seminar, went home, printed the definition of every word i didnt understand while i was there and studied it like i was in 6th grade.

It either made me smarter or made me sound smarter.

Had a scotch with 2 multimillionaires last weekend.

The entire situation was strange but it seems to put them and then myself at ease being able to speak to them on their level instead of them having to dumb shit down.

>> No.1847491

Buy ETH

>> No.1847526

>>1847474

See, I feel like I can do okay saving it. I'm not even focusing on tryin to get rich, I just want to understand money enough to where I can see general trends and to not get fucked over by smarter-than-thou financial advisors. Also, because I always enjoy a good history lesson.

>> No.1847542

>>1847171
Accounting is the language of business

Stock market is the way of predicting success and failure of businesses and government and profiting off them

Practice both

>> No.1847543

>>1847171
Just read what interest you. Can be online articles, newspapers, text books. And whenever you find terminology you don't understand you look it up. Wikipedia and Investopedia are surprisingly decent at explaining the very basics.

>> No.1848234

>>1847526
Well, they kinda go hand in hand. Getting rich or studying how to do it will teach you smart moves and asset protection.

May as well just get rich bro. I know a lot of millionaires who grew up poor and they all say making a few grand is just as hard as making a few mill.

Same shit applies just smaller scale