[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 40 KB, 1280x720, 1575607218243.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18424703 No.18424703 [Reply] [Original]

Don't you just hate it when you close a margin position to secure some gains and it keeps pumping

>> No.18424711

>>18424703
It only pumps because you closed your position in the first place. It's like the fucking law of the universe.

>> No.18424717

There seems to be some confusion regarding whether or not the halving will cause BTC to appreciate. I believe the biggest argument against a price appreciation of BTC is the “priced in” meme, which postulates that because the halving is already known, it must already be reflected in the BTC price. This reasoning is based on the “Efficient Market Hypothesis” which describes the market as a sentient entity that “prices in” all known information into the value of the underlying asset or security. Well, what BTC has demonstrated over the last decade is that the EMH does not apply to it. This is because BTC is still treated as a highly speculative asset, and as such, the market tends to exaggerate and “price in” RISK as opposed to opportunity. What does this mean? Simply put, all of BTC’s potential risks (miner capitulation, software bugs, government intervention) remain constantly priced in UNTIL the risks are deemed improbable and the OPPORTUNITY can finally be priced in. So this means that the halving effect (opportunity) on price is delayed until the market gets over its RISK fear, i.e., BTC halves and then DOES NOT experience the aforementioned risks. Once this happens the price trends up again as the market adjust to the OPPORTUNITY (decreased supply). So in other words, buy fucking BTC you faggots.

>> No.18424725

>>18424703
You shouldn't feel bad about it if you made profits. You're never gonna be able to predict the market to the exact price, so just look forward to the next trade

>> No.18424753

>>18424703
The same thing happened to me... I closed way too early... anyway rule number 1 Don't FOMO back in