[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 12 KB, 200x189, 1307576777001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
18320238 No.18320238 [Reply] [Original]

>when your limit order is within .5 for 2 minutes straight

>> No.18320678

>>18320238
If you drop the "for 2 minutes straight" this is the life of the scalper at almost all times. Each penny worth easily $10 in your early days and eventually far more, living and dying by the second, requiring that your discipline never fails for even a single moment in the entirety of your existence, always watching to make sure liquidity doesn't dry up behind you. Do I start today out of the gate and play the game of how much more can I make or are we starting off in a hole and now facing the fear of potentially digging it deeper? How deep will it get? Is it the market or is there something imperceptible off about me today? Seconds making or breaking you. Playing in the lightning storm. Oh is that a Comcast outage? Glad I just went short 5,000 shares. It doesn't end when the market closes either. You've conditioned your brain to have OCD levels of discipline. Everything about you is fast twitch. Every trade moves you further and further away from humanity. "I've made and lost more money than you have in a week in a time span so tiny and so fast they can hardly be said to have occurred at all." The offers lifted...will they hold...lifted again...bids are firming up...these sellers have no balls...you're short...time to stop out...now it's time to reset and do it 30 more times today and then tomorrow, and then the next day, and then for the rest of your life.

>> No.18320891

>>18320678
As long as I don't have to deal with normalfags on a day to day basis then this is the preferable life for me

>> No.18320921

>>18320678
Nothing comfier than getting filled in your sleep and waking up to a position deep in the money, well guarded by market structure.