[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 856 KB, 2903x1935, shutterstock_editorial_10434333bm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17775722 No.17775722 [Reply] [Original]

Destroys the economy, bitcoin,and your loved ones

>> No.17775754

>>17775722
Republican presidents always make the US economy worse. This is a fact. Vote Republican if you want guns and unwated babies but stop deluding yourself about them being good for the economy. The best economy happens under a Dem president with a split Congress.

>> No.17775756

>>17775722

at least he helped israel

>> No.17775765
File: 232 KB, 1024x683, 2325566.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

at least he saved Israel

>> No.17775861

>>17775754

The macroeconomic effects of a Presidency aren't felt for years after they put them into place. Ignoring all of the other institutions and individuals who have a hand in crafting economic models.

e.g. Clinton put into place a ton of housing reforms that eventually led to the crash in 08, but caused a lot of short/medium term homebuying and excess during his tenure. Obama's Fed cut rates all the way down to 0%, meaning we didn't have time to raise them enough to have leeway to cut them again for this crisis.

Economic freedom is the best thing for the economy and that involves lower taxes and regulations, until Dems make that a staple of their administrations they aren't going to be "best" for the economy.

>> No.17775929

>>17775861
Cope, results are everything. Go back to your echo chamber incel.

>> No.17775957

>>17775861
Republicans are only good as dogs chasing cars. You only want them as the minority power. Individuals can still make mistakes and implement terrible policy, but on a fundamental level, the people who say government doesn't work aren't the people you want running the government at its top level. Imagine that equivalent in a job interview. You would never hire that person.

>> No.17776258

>>17775722
shit up goy. I ain't a Jew but they always warned us about Jesus being a fraud, but you fuckers never listen. cope with it

>> No.17776371

>>17775957

The government doesn't help the economy. Generally speaking, it impedes it. Businesses are much more efficient when they're free to work, spend, and invest at will without some referee or micromanager impeding or scrutinizing your every move. It gets even worse when the government picks winners and losers and entrenches dinosaur monopolies and duopolies, like in healthcare.

Why aren't we allowed McDonald's style, cheap and rapid clinics everywhere that can handle all routine procedures without $300-500 copays? Because that would never pass the regulatory threshold that is there "for our own good" (read: for the good of bribed politicians). The US government creates fat cats and you need look no further than the critical masses of corruption that are Democratic-controlled big cities. You can't even build a small housing complex there without greasing a shitload of wheels and knowing people.

>> No.17776410

>>17775957
>>17776371

So to conclude yes, the person you want running government is the person that is cynical about it. e.g. people like... our Founding Fathers. It is a dangerous entity that should only be there for that which it is critically necessary, not as the micromanager of the economy and society but a protector and referee, quite limited in its scope.

>> No.17776920

>>17776371
Anti science post, we have regulations for a reason, a century ago opportunistic quacks killed and crippled tons of people.
>>17776410
You're mixing up cynical standpoints. There's "the government should be limited in power" and "I want to make the government incompetent and ineffectual". Small institutions can still be run by experts. Putting a guy who hates EPA in charge of it is not a Founding Fathers move.

>> No.17777058
File: 457 KB, 454x516, 1581878510779.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>GOSH DO I LOVE ME SOME HECKIN SCIENCERINOS JUST LOOK AT ALL THE HECKIN GADGETRINOS IT MADE LIKE MY GOSH HECKING IPHONEIRONO AND GOLLY GEE GOSHIN HECKINRINO SWITCHERINO WHERE I PLAY MY BING BING WAHOOARINO MARIO ODYSSEYRINO AND MY CUTE AS HECKIN SQUIDERINO SHOOTERINO GOSH JUST THINKING ABOUT THE HECKIN ELECTRIC CARINOS MY FAVORITE HECKIN DUDERINO ELON MUSKIRINO MAKES AND HIS BIG BOOMERINO BLAST OFFERINO HECKING ROCKET SHIPS THAT WILL MAKE ALL OF US GO LIVE ON HECKIN MARSIRONO AFTER HE INVENTS THE HECKIN TERRAFORMIRINO TO HECKIN MAKE THE WORLDINO HABITAL FOR US GOSH HECKIN HUMANRINOS I FREAKIN HECKIN LOVE SCIENCE DUDERINOS!