[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 28 KB, 758x769, EqtvpF2[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17633733 No.17633733 [Reply] [Original]

How do I convince my mom to put some money in this Ponzi market?
Not asking her to lend me money, more convince her to diversify her holdings (I would manage her crypto position, tho).
She's in a stable financial situation, but not wealthy so eventually only few grands, money that she can afford to lose and to buy safe stuff, mostly BTC when it bottoms in the next days/weeks and eventually bottomed safe alts (no LINK at ATH, sorry).

She's not really into investments, she has no financial backgrounds, she thinks that the safest money are the money in the bank, it doesn't realize inflation, devaluation of FIAT purchasing power and shits.

>> No.17633769

You've answered your own question. She isn't into investments or risk. So putting her money into an asset that CAN go to zero is a terrible idea.

>> No.17633949

>>17633769
I could tell her to diversify buying silver, that's something that she could trust more but the crypto market at least is something that I "understand" better.
I know that is the most risky and speculative market, but with some common sense you can minimize the risks. As I said I wouldn't buy her scam coins at the top.

>> No.17633965

>>17633733
My mom has one Bitcoin and is reading the Bitcoin standard. I'm very proud of her.

>> No.17633983

>>17633949
stop being a faggot and trying to force your mom to invest in ways YOU want her to and how you "understand" jesus you're a queer for that. let her hold her money how SHE wants not you you fucking douchebag. i'd punch you in the face a few times if you werent safe behind your screen

>> No.17634087

>>17633733
>>17633983
>Be anon
>Damn I’m a poor fag who loses all his money investing in shitcoins
>MOTHER WHERE ARE MY TENDIES
>Hey so um mom how are your... investments going
>Oh just a respectable 401K and a basic index fund that has done unironically better than my shitcoin gambling.
>Well mom do I have the thing for you! You give me let’s say $5000 and I’ll turn that into 100,000,000 using this cool new shitcoin I found it’s called Buccaneer! Like pirates arghhhh
>Ugh mom you wouldn’t understand anyway

>> No.17634142

>>17633983
>force
I didn't even talk to her about it one single time, yet.
I would just let her diversify some money that she would keep parked, slowly devaluating overtime, especially with the risk of recessions in the coming years.