[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 556 KB, 992x1856, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
175453 No.175453 [Reply] [Original]

Have you guy ever thought o lying feverishly on your résumé then apply to hundred of places? Chances are you'll get more interviews, and there's another decent chance they won't check.

>> No.175463

>>175453

I don't lie on my resumes but I definitely stretch the truth. You need to back it up in the interview with some charisma but it will get your foot in the door.

>> No.175472

I have and it got me interviews but I am not very good at interviews.

>> No.175483

I did some work for a resume background check-company.

They were very wealthy. They captured nearly all the lies. So people not only hand check your resume, they have professional companies do it, then they check your online presence (Googling your name), and then the professional company does the same combining a scraper with all the other information they have on you.

Smallish white lies won't help you get hired. They WILL get you fired.

Big lies might get you hired at a job you know shit about. Then you will get fired no matter what.

It's a lose-lose bro. Try something else to stand out from the crowd. Market yourself. Get work experience. After 5 years of work experience I ain't listing my education or have to make up references.

>> No.175489
File: 198 KB, 573x572, hurr.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>175453
so you're saying I could "learn an instrumend, learn a languagbe, study Nietzche or Aristotle" ?

Wow, thanks OP!

>> No.175513

>>175453
>claims job is for losers
>asks for resume advice

>> No.175522

>>175483

OP here don't worry about me, I got a job offer before I even got my diploma a year ago. I've just been thinking about it a lot since all my friends are applying to places lately.

>> No.175525

>>175513
>>175489

OP Here again...the pic is unrelated I just think it's hilarious...calm down guys