[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 56 KB, 1790x1640, 1575443268704.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17402610 No.17402610 [Reply] [Original]

So this will be the first year I'll be doing my own taxes since I have a real job and no longer rely on my parents for anything.

I hear for a lot of people, if they pay the IRS the wrong amount, the IRS will tell them they need to pay more or they will even refund money back. A lot of this has to do with deductions. So basically it seems like the IRS has the ability to calculate the taxes for you in the first place.

I will be declaring 0 deductions. I also don't want to waste my time calculating my taxes. Since the IRS already knows how much I made, why can't I just send in 1 dollar, then they come back to me later in the year to tell me how much I really owe? Am I missing something here?

I refuse to pay (((((turbo tax))))))) or (((((H&R Block)))))) to do my taxes when it seems the government is perfectly capable of doing that for me.