[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 3.82 MB, 311x300, giphy-downsized-large.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1735788 No.1735788 [Reply] [Original]

What up, niggers, seems this is the most appropriate board for my question.

Applying for a new job, because I'm sick of what I'm doing. The company I'm applying for has some retarded outdated website that doesn't let you upload a resume, and you have to fill in their boxes. The job I'm applying for is construction related, and whilst I have no formal experience, I can fix cars, design/build anything with wood, and pretty handy with a soldering iron.

The box is labelled "Summary of Skills and Talents", and I've put the standard "Ability to share knowledge and skills to others, creative and innovative, fast learning pace and ability to adapt to new systems" amongst some other bollocks.

I'm not really sure how to word "I'm a weekend spanner warrior", without sounding like a tool. The only point I can think of is "mechnically inclined", which I'm not sure really sounds professional. What do?

TL;DR
If you were applying for a construction job, what bullet point(s) would you add under "Summary of Skills and Talents"?

>> No.1735797

>>1735788
what job are you applying for, and what's a spanner warrior?

>> No.1735805

>>1735797
I didn't realise "spanner warrior" wasn't a common thing. Kind of just means you're handy with a spanner, good at building etc.

Just applying as a labourer in a warehouse. Not sure doing exactly what, cutting wood, dealing with customers, assembling. My only job experience is 100% retail, so I don't have any references in the industry.

>> No.1735881

>able to use spanner

idk

>> No.1735898

>>1735881
Maybe jazz it up a bit, like "Impressive spanner using ability".

>> No.1735905

>>1735805
>can lift 70lbs (convert to brit-pounds)
>have no experience whatsoever so am blank slate ready to receive any wisdom offered
>not a complete moron
>strong desire to learn and advance in your company and industry
>no preconceived notions, will not contradict or argue
>human sponge, waiting to soak up knowledge and experience
>not a slow mover

>> No.1735918

>>1735788
>The box is labelled "Summary of Skills and Talents", and I've put the standard "Ability to share knowledge and skills to others, creative and innovative, fast learning pace and ability to adapt to new systems" amongst some other bollocks.
remove that.

> I can fix cars, design/build anything with wood, and pretty handy with a soldering iron.
put this instead and show some of your work if they ask