[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 42 KB, 1072x714, serveimage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1735714 No.1735714 [Reply] [Original]

I wish i have the balls to quit my job.
I hate my job to the point that its making me depressed.
I literally hate it even thou i make 72k a year but i have my laptop and extra monitor and trade stocks 1 hour a day I make more than my monthly salary.
I wish i can just quit and day trade full time, but have family responsibility and wedding in 7 months.
I cant find the courage to quit even thou i hate my life everyday there

>> No.1735720

>>1735714
ITT: OP cried like a big ole baby

>> No.1735724

>>1735714
what strategy to you use to trade? any recs on good sources of info/practice?

>> No.1735733

I hate my life now too

Network security engineer
Over worked, under paid and stressed out
Want to learn new things, but I can only muster the courage to play video games after work
I have multiple projects this week. Tfw here is my work week

Mon - fri
7-4pn
Project go live
8pm my time zone
Work can last for 3 hours or 10 hours on and off
Go to sleep at 2am, keep computer on by bed side
Skype is open
Receive message, hey are you awake, something is wrong
Wake up after 5min nap
Figure out what is going no
2.30 am go to sleep
Go to work 7am again
Management don't know nor do they care the level of dedication I have truly put in to this career
Some might say that is on me, and i should cc my supervisors on everything I do so they know how much I work, Sad thing is they really don't care, different managers have different clients they care about and when it is something you are working on they don't seem to give a shit, ask for multiple managers to get on a meeting we need to have, no body responds, they don't give a shit

Two weeks go by, escalate this case right away, and all of the sudden you have 3 managers who want to show up to this meeting, as there will be important stuff discussed, management asks on the meeting if i feel comfortable moving forward with what was requested, I don't know if I should cry or quit this job right there as they are wondering if I am able to proceed, well no shit i have already been working on this for the past 8 months, and now you fucking ask....

>> No.1735737

>>1735733
>>1735714
Wagies are just pathetic.

If you hate you job just quit. Stop making excuses. Quit and do something you enjoy. There are millions of ways to earn money in this world without being a wagecuck.

>> No.1735743

>>1735733
>Network security engineer

my friends uncle does this,
>unc tells friend
>do it easy money
>do nothing
>get paid just over 200k
>friend 50k in debt
>going to trade school
>about to grad
>hey uncle gimme dat yob

but you said underpaid nd overworked whats your situation like?i wonder whats different

>> No.1735744

>>1735714

whine more you faggot

>> No.1735746

>>1735733
>quit
>start own company
>steal their clients by exposing inside vulnerabilities in their system.

>> No.1735749

>>1735737
tfw. you are actually an excellent engineer, you just can't stand management, and end up being that one alone engineer in the corner who never talks to anyone for three months, but is out working everybody else in the office.....

Why can't i stand management? Big case coming down and management want to know what is going on, senior management is cc on the email chain, and can read everything i already wrote, kept updating/sending email and they don't care to respond

New email thread next day asking what is going on with this case, everyone already knows as I sent the email yesterday!!!! now im sending same fucking shit the day after to same fucking managers, they don;t give two shits damnit

get asked if i have the time for a new project, ummmmmmmmmmmmmm howaboutno

i dont get paid overtime, while we have analysts who are claiming overtime and making 15k more than me. sometimes feel like i should not have taken the promotion, more work - less money/no overtime

>> No.1735754

>>1735749
>promotion,
>more work - less money/no overtime

you didn't even negotiate this at the time?

balls up friendo, pay more or I'm out.

>> No.1735755

>>1735743
>but you said underpaid nd overworked whats your situation like?i wonder whats different

Analysts get paid overtime if they work extra
Senior engineers don't make overtime
With bonuses I'm lucky to hit 65k, while they are 80k as an analyst milking the payroll system, claiming they do more work than us, tfw. i worked on call today, didn't get paid, answered my phone multiple times to provide "consulting on cases"

>> No.1735758

>>1735754
>you didn't even negotiate this at the time?

Nobody did, at the time we were all excited to be promoted finally

Renegotiate? lol for fucking what, they are claiming raises are 6 months away, i bring up in meeting, thats what they said in 2016. top kek

>> No.1735761

>>1735758
If you know you're a hard worker, you know you do more than your colleagues, arm yourself with this knowledge, back it up with fact, look at how many hours they put it in last week, 2 weeks ago, 4 weeks ago, work out how much more you did and then demand you be paid adequately.

You're a network engineer, AFAIK you people are valuable, they wont want to lose you.

>> No.1735764

>>1735755
Don't be mad at the rest of the world because you're getting taken advantage of. Grow some balls.

>wahh everyone else is the reason I hate my job

>> No.1735769

Notice analyst has a brand new SUV
Riding nice and in style
Same guy claims overtime, and always asks me for help on shit, he isn't worth shit when it comes to hard issues but he works overtime 6 days a week and the company pays them
I've already complained in the meetings about this, and that money could have been spent on some of the more advanced personal, lol management says how is this relevant to this meeting, well it fucking is, we don't make shit and now they are adding additional overhead/sla/stats on us. while the analysts stay afloat and claim extra work....

>They claim to work extra every week
>They claim to be working overtime and fixing shit
>top fucking kek, our sla agreements are past due
>we have hundreds of requests that won't be worked on until next week, and management says the engineers need to work harder
>lol, if they were actually working on those system changes, tickets, and additional support maybe the engineers had more free time

>> No.1735786
File: 74 KB, 251x244, 1484546177455.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>im waiting to hear back about my performance review from management for 2016
If the work i have done meant nothing to upper management, and it wasn't official i am fucking looking for another gig, i do get email/phone calls for interviews but haven't wanted to leave right away as leaving for another company could be kind of bad on resume and learning all new shit at the other company will take some time...

>> No.1735799

iktf. I make 96K/year but dread waking up everyday. Everytime I think about quitting I think of all the money i'll lose and can't do it.

>> No.1735820

>>1735799
>dread waking up everyday

I actually enjoy the work though, I just want more advanced work and increase in salary

>> No.1735822

>>1735820
Thats the dream then. Eventually you'll get those over time. I won't stop hating my job.