[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 88 KB, 1369x1359, The4chad4.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17198549 No.17198549 [Reply] [Original]

I've been making a killing on futures lately( who isn't making money right now though honestly) but its still too much risk, so I want to spend some of the profits on a new desktop/bot program. I could could easily do $2000 although that much shouldn't be necessary.

I've read about many simple easy-to-implement strategies that work incredibly consistently to earn 30-60 a day but cap out around there because the trades require a small amount of liquidity to perform and are unable to scale properly without affecting the price too much. I would love tips if anyone is doing this already or just discussion in general.

Ideally I want to limit my opportunities to things I want long term, will end each arbitrage in either a tether/stable coin or in BTC, ETH, LINK, Tezos, BNB. I suspect limiting myself that much might be a problem finding enough trades. I'm not sure, as I'm just speculating. I think this is a great plan if I can manage to get something active.

I would have enough holdings in each exchange (another variable, I would need to sign up for many) in order to perform kill or fill orders, where the bot only executes if it can do both sides of the trade at the same time.

Thanks for reading, lets all make some fucking money together, I will post future updates of my results. Also bot recommendations would be great, I'm looking at CryptoHopper right now, but I've done little research. It doesn't have to be beginner level, but they appear to make it simple.

>> No.17199060

meh bump

>> No.17199112

>>17198549
It is almost impossible to create a profitable arbitrage crypto bot. With exchange fees being 0.25-1.5% both ways you need spreads atleast 0.5-3% to even break even. Exchange owners and people with inside access to 0% trading fees have totally gobbled up the arb market, you won’t make any money and if the opportunities even appear (they will very rarely) you are still opening yourself up to a lot of counterparty risk on shit exchanges where these opportunities are more likely to present themselves. Don’t waste your time.

>> No.17199187

>>17198549
There are literally no arbitrage opportunities due to fees and tight margins. Unless you find exchanges with zero fees and an illiquid asset that diverges sufficiently in price between the two exchanges. Might want to check out some decentralized exchanges that charge 0 fees or smaller illiquid centralized exchanges that have zero fees to attract users. But those smaller centralized exchange are more likely to lose your money from a hack or some other bullshit.

>> No.17199209

>>17198549
Also honestly I wouldn't buy a bot I would code one on my own. A lot harder and will take a while, but if you actually find a specific situation where arbitrage consistently exists, you would want to code and create something for that specific scenario. I doubt these prepackages bots would have the subtleties required to make you money from a very specific scenario. In fact I'm willing to bet most of those prepackaged bots are scams.

>> No.17199281

>>17198549
Think of the following. I have a crypto-arbitrage bot that makes 30-60 consistently like you say.

The options I have are
> sell the bot to you for $2k
> set up 5 other servers to run the bot for $250 a month. Make around $4k.

Why would you ever give a profitable opportunity to someone else when it get less effective the more people do it.

>> No.17199292

>>17199112
You are absolutely wrong, there are tons of opportunities. I'm looking at price differences on many pairs that are on average above the margins to profit that you listed which, are too high anyway. I won't be using Coinbase, but there are easily 5-7 exchanges that are more than reputable enough.

>> No.17199311

>>17199281

I won't be selling it if I get a successful working product? So Idk what you are talking about

>> No.17199322

>>17199209
This is probably true

>> No.17199332

>>17199292
If you are finding consistent >0.5% spreads, then go for it. I used to do this years ago before big exchanges had their own arb bots. I’m teling you, you will find any pair with sufficient liquidity will be under 0.5% spread 95% of the time.

>> No.17199340

>>17199187

I find it hard to believe that there is perfect efficient market theory. It doesn't exist. My bot can easily fill orders that another wasn't able too. The argument doesn't make sense. Arbitrage is practically just market making anyway. I'm being rewarded for adding liquidity and volume to the market making it less volatile.

>> No.17199377

>>17199332
If what you say is true, with the upcoming market is about to have more volatility in general creating market disparities frequently. I still think it seems feasible I can get in on some of the profits. I want a new desktop anyway as well, but the bot program would be an investment I might not get back.

>> No.17199383

>>17199340
>>17199332
This used to be possible for retail, its not anymore. Serious shops are doing this now with 0% trading fees from exchanges because they pay them. You literally will almost never find >0.5% spreads on a coin with good liquidity and low counterparty risk.

>> No.17199395

>>17199377
You asked for advice dude, I gave it to you. If you already made up your mind just go for it and learn the harder way.