[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 1.30 MB, 2476x1920, 1580482411804.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17167980 No.17167980 [Reply] [Original]

Will crypto pump or dump during recession?

>> No.17168013

Markets generally get more fearful in recessions. Crypto would probably be one of the first to feel the effects. After that stocks.

Crypto seems less rational than stocks as well, considered the evidences.

>> No.17168036
File: 1.99 MB, 420x236, statue_necced.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>17168013

So if recession is to happen this year (as the inverted yield curve meme suggests), there would be no bullrun for crypto despite halving?

>> No.17168073

>>17167980
People get rid of risky and speculative assets during recessions. Don't see why crypto wouldn't dump hard. Good possibility to join the 1m club though, if crypto recovers.

>> No.17168112

>>17167980
massively dump. riskiest assets are always liquidated first during a recession. people need cash not some crypto bs

>> No.17168116

>>17168036
We're already in a recession on paper. We have been for who knows how long. I'd have to go more into the numbers but the markets by my understanding and research are overinflated, irrationally driven, and crypto being as unsubstantiated and full of crap as it is, is likely to be a much more volatile use of capital, and I think most people understand that, but they gamble anyway. Stocks are different because you can look at numbers, profits, dividends, balance sheets, 10Ks, etc, but considering the market acting as it is, IF there was to be a pullback this year, I would not be surprised to see crypto seeing some of the beginning of it in terms of sell off. Crypto investors seem to be less rational cumulatively than those in the stock market and so on.

>> No.17168162

>>17168116

So what is your prediction? Does halving narrative play out and then dump or does it have no effect whatsoever?

>>17168073
>>17168112

Hmmm

>> No.17168196

>>17168116
I should add that perhaps recession is not necessarily an exclusive term. In terms of economic activity, we may be doing well, GDP and output may be high, etc. But the workforce being as it is, workers dollar per hour worked is likely and has historically been in a continual recession. It would be wise to consider if that would cause a backlash, but realistically I don't see it for another 3-5 years at least. People are just too desperate and not in enough pain yet.

Michael Burry, one of the gentlemen who saw and profited off of the 2007Q2 housing market bubble downturns has said about there being an index fund bubble as well. Lot's of things are in a bubble.

Wages are stagnating but prices are rising meaning more and more is being bought and turned into debt shouldered by the consumer, not necessarily producing assets. We should also take into account how much of the workforce is going into self employment or starting a business as well, and seeing how they leverage. It does seem that more people are choosing the latter too, but I'm supposing it to not be enough to offset debts accrued by the employed workforce.

Our economy is on a very, very slippery slope by my understanding, and a look into the average business across all tiers of size and self employed should be an indicator of how taught things really are.

Real assets, real relationships, and true wealth is not all monetary, and so if you can transfer financial capital into those, especially those that produce, you should be much better off.

>> No.17168203

>>17167980

Why is this girl looking at the camera the same way girls look at me when our gazes meet ?

>> No.17168219

>>17168162
Simply put, halving supply creates greater value of the coins, but I'd heavily consider a substantial sell off after the fact. So maybe play both sides as in buy short sell contracts if you can, and execute a trail stop whilst the price may likely climb. I'm not versed well enough in crypto as of now to be confident in such predictions though. It's very volatile and I haven't gauged and observed the behaviors enough.

>> No.17168329

>>17168219
Upon further thought, the rule of supply may not apply to crypto coins, as they do not have actual utility, meaning, they are likely driven heavily by demand only. I'd consider the market reaction with regards to past halvings (if they did have any), and use that somewhat as an indicator of possible outcomes. Realistically though, since crypto has no value other than demand placed on it by it's investors and holders, it could make it a much riskier investment, and be at the mercy of the market sentiment, rational or irrational in the long run. In other words, sales. If you buy x coin and suddenly good news is spread all over and people buy the news, your price goes up. That's when you sell. The coins seem to operate more like products than actual substantiated securities with real assets behind them.

>> No.17168559

>>17167980
pump because tax evasion haven

>> No.17168600

>>17167980
The '13 Cypriot bank failure did great for BTC. It will pump again, in the next recession.

>> No.17168731

>ywn sniff her post workout must