[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 142 KB, 594x680, 6B0D1B12-A754-4F13-A37F-A6C01F9DF56F.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
17167462 No.17167462 [Reply] [Original]

I am simply too fucking obsessed.

My dad was a successful broker, like his dad before him. I learned a lot about the market as a kid through the simple “lectures” my dad would give me if I asked about his work. Later in high school, my interest grew immensely through the tiny bit of experience I’d racked up after trading the typical “adolescent choice” blue chips. It gave me amazing happiness. It sounds ridiculous, but the concept of “stocks” is so deeply rooted into my fucking thoughts it’s eventually become unbearable. I’m currently a licensed broker. The constant fear of financially ruining the amazing people i’ve met, coupled with the fear of losing all of my own money in an impending market collapse is destroying my life. My discontent is noticeable. The happiness it once brought me as a product of the simple anticipation is absolutely gone. Day and night, 80% of all my thoughts/attention are dedicated to the stock market. I’m distracted, and unhappy. Anyone else experiencing this?

>> No.17167471

>>17167462
And you secretly went all in link
Because you're Gay, and you can disappoint your family
BUT NO MORE CHAINS, ONLY LINKS!

>> No.17167700

Now is as good a time as any to pull out and regroup since we're probably heading for a crash.

Even if we aren't pull all your money out and put it somewhere you don't have to think about it, ideally with decent interest.

Relax for a year

>> No.17167839

That's just the demands of the market. It is a continuous teacher seemingly, and in order to continuously produce from it, your brain needs to constantly consider it and re position, analyze, calculate, etc. Worrying won't get you anywhere but there's a reason some finance people are absolute machines working 80+ hours a week. When you lose someone else wins, and vice versa, so naturally knowing that there is that constant possibility or want of getting ahead, your mind is positioned towards it. Learn to disconnect from time to time. Take off if you need to. Get out of your head, I've been there. It's fun but it does have a price sometimes.

>> No.17167917

>>17167462
Humans aren't built for this level of stress we are put through in the modern career world, let alone in a high finance job. We've evolved for walking around gathering and hunting and having sex. People in your position kill themselves when the stress gets too high. There's a lot to think about there. Too, there's much to be said about the meaning of life, it's shortness, and if you'll be too old to enjoy it. My most genuine advice would be to buy LINK.

>> No.17167955

>>17167462
Unironically tldr

>> No.17168128
File: 27 KB, 499x256, bobo crypto YN.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

i hope you end up financially ruined. You sound like a jew worshipping treasonous cunt