[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 715 KB, 750x1334, 7DEC826D-7FCB-4E74-B827-B9F85164AACD.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16997438 No.16997438 [Reply] [Original]

>UPS
>chain_links.jpeg
>unbreakable blockchains
>fundamentally
>inb4chargeyourphone

>> No.16997443
File: 306 KB, 750x1334, 2ACA2EEC-BE6E-403D-84AE-C02EDC645674.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.16997491

>>16997438
Ok chainlink boomer

>> No.16997504

Lol 3% battery scrub

>> No.16997524

>>16997438
Literal pajeetaposter in 2020

>> No.16997592

>>16997438
>2016
Priced in.

>> No.16997618

>>16997438
Go back beaner faggot

>> No.16997623

I work for ups. Ups will never ever use a public blockchain. The company does shady stuff to hide missed deliveries or late deliveries. They need their private database, no way they use a public chain

Also, we already have a tracking system that works flawlessly.

>> No.16997633

>>16997623
>does shady stuff to hide missed deliveries
>we already have a tracking system that works flawlessly

pick one

>> No.16997641

>>16997438

THAT DOESN’T NEED A BLOCKCHAIN DUMBASS

>> No.16997644

>>16997623
You're describing exactly why a public chain is needed though

>> No.16997654

>>16997623
This really isn’t about what UPS wants.
It’s about what they need to do to stay in business.

>> No.16997655

This has nothing to do with chainlink

>> No.16997668

>>16997623
>I work for ups
What’s your position? If you’re just a grunt or driver then shut the fuck up. You don’t know shit

>> No.16997672

>>16997644
>>16997633
You idiots don’t get it. UPS is not going to implement a public chain because then they will have no control over the information going on the chain. Why the fuck would they do it. Is there some type of fucking government mandate that is going to force them. A public blockchain has 0 benefit to ups.

Well over 99% of stuff is delivered on time, or is delivered late with no shady stuff, but sometimes they will put exceptions on stuff ie a late plane that isn’t totally truthful.

You idiots think a company is going to give up control of stuff..... absolutely idiots.

>> No.16997685

>>16997654
Fuckboi, we already have a tracking system that operates flawlessly. Customers don’t give a shit if they are tracking in package on a blockchain or a private database as long as they can track it.

>> No.16997735

>>16997672
>>16997685
You’re the one not getting it. Before the internet became a thing, companies were perfectly content with the manual systems that they had in place. Email? Why should they care about that when sending a letter works perfectly fine? Online retail? Lol, why should they care about that when their brick and mortar stores in the shopping mall generate tons of sales?

Innovation in business happens from necessity. If blockchain based services are found to be beneficial, companies will be FORCED to use them, or they give up their competitive advantage

>> No.16997748

>>16997644

>we need a blockchain for supply chain

LOL PREPARE TO GET SCAMMED AGAIN IN THE NEXT BITCOIN BULL MARKET

>> No.16997800

>>16997748
Based and redpilled

Imagine thinking ups is going to use chainlink and smart contracts so they can refund and pay back shipping guarantees automatically without making customers customers fight and work for their refund as the current process is.

Most customers don’t even bother trying to get a shipping refund for a next day air item delivered at 1035 that was 5 minutes late.

There is literally no benefit to ups using chainlink or any other public chain. It will cost them money in many different ways.

And for the faggot talking about the internet, ups was the first company to come out with an electronic diad and online tracking. This was beneficial to them as it got them customers, there was a huge difference between no tracking and tracking

The difference between the ups website being connected to our private data base or to a public blockchain makes no fucking difference in how anything works.

>> No.16997842

>>16997748
I never got the supply chain meme either. Blockchain works when participants are adversarial, in fact, that's what underlies it. But shit like supply chain always seems to require 3rd party trust at some point.

I think if there was real demand for traceability, regular databases would make a lot more sense.

>> No.16997932

>>16997800
You sound afraid. Maybe because amazon is about 2 years from destroying UPS and they’re a company that isn’t afraid to adapt to new technology to get an edge? UPS is fucking done, start putting in resumes anon

>> No.16997961
File: 203 KB, 960x540, detective downy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16997623
you:
>the tracking system is easily manipulated by the people who manage it to screw over their customers
also you:
the tracking system works flawlessly

stop in the name of potato

>> No.16997968

>>16997842
That’s because you’ve literally never run even a small business...let alone a huge corporation that sources thousands of products, ingredients, and/or services.

Do you know how tedious and cumbersome it is to enter into a simple trademark usage agreement with one company even with the internet? You have to fill out a bunch of different forms and wait days, weeks, or longer for correspondence and verification, approval, etc.

Now imagine all of that info is securely stored on a blockchain and your company’s secure profile and all its info immediately interacts with another company’s and now your have a complex business agreement set up in a couple of days instead of 6 months.

Get it now? Do I have to simplify it more for you?

How about you UPS Employee of the month? Do you want me to explain why UPS needs to adopt using blockchain for certain purposes?

What if I told you they are working on them now? What if I told you I’ve been working on a project specifically for UPS for almost two years now?

But no, let’s listen to a truck driving sycophant and someone who has never sold a cup of lemonade in his life.

>> No.16997969

>>16997932
Seeeee, stupid faggots like you don’t understand much about ups. They are much much more than simply shipping now. Get out of the basement anon, get some sun and fresh air.

>> No.16998001

>>16997969
Shut the fuck up FREIGHT BROKER

>> No.16998006

>>16997932
UPS isn’t as dumb as you think. If you think it is going out like blockbuster, you’ll be surprised. It is one of the most sophisticated projects in logistics the world has ever seen. It is valuable for reasons you couldn’t imagine— and not just because you recognize their brown trucks.

>> No.16998016

>>16997961
A human person is still going to have to have the ability to enter exceptions into the system. Weather, plane delays ect will still be entered by some office cuck. So it’s not going to stop the things that are happening in rare instances concerning delays.
>>16997968
Ups fedex and dhl have been exploring blockchains for years faggot. So have many other industries...... keep waiting for real usage.

>> No.16998029
File: 46 KB, 600x700, 1561831063301.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16997443
Ok, this deserves some digits.

>> No.16998057

>>16997969
What has biz become when conversation has devolved to a truck driver trying to educate some 19 yo zoomer who wants to usher in the age of his Amazon Monopolistic Overlord who influences every aspect of his life?

Less than two years ago we were talking about complex inter-bank communications systems and transactions in the digital age...

Now it’s sharing articles from almost 4 years ago for ChainLink hopium.

Sad!

>> No.16998061

>>16997438
>pajeeta article from 4 years ago
>iPhone 5S screen resolution
>vaguely implied common word associations that aren’t even there
>3% battery
Yep, it’s linkoidery.

>> No.16998064

>>16997969
I am screencapping all your retarded posts for when the partnership is announced.
Probably your low-rank job there is one of the ones which will be made obsolete. Are you the one making up cover stories for the late stuff? Lmao.>>16998001

>> No.16998083

>>16998016
Jesus Christ José, you can code for exceptions.

Stick to focusing on driverless trucks and shit like that vato.

>> No.16998099

>>16998061
Sad and true. This whole thread is a sad reminder of how significantly in intelligence biz has declined in two years.

>> No.16998102

>>16998016
imagine saything this shit thinking you were smart for doing so
wut are iot devices?
wut is gps, rfid, qr?
wut is automation?
how do compooters compoot?
ur lvl of unabashed retardation while remaining fully unaware of it is remarkable and further lends to the notion that ignorance truly is bliss. Cheers m8 everything you say is right bcuz potato

>> No.16998116

>>16998057
>Less than two years ago we were talking about complex inter-bank communications systems and transactions in the digital age...

No you fucking weren’t. You might trick your fellow newcunt with this but nobody else. All you faggots were doing is posting PowerPoint slides and giggling at frogs. Do not ever pretend anything about “inter-bank systems” took place with any regard to a connection with your ERC token with 12 guys checking ETH’s price, and that was before the laughable ‘main net’ even existed. At that point Chainlink was just 1 guy who stared aimlessly into his wardrobe every time he got up only to wear the same greasy shirt and 2 code monkeys trying to eek some kind of useful function from the EVM, which to this day remains obtuse in its operation and rather limited.

>> No.16998123

>>16998083
>can code for complex weather situations without external data inputs
>can code for a ups driver who does not want to drive down a long road due to 1 inch of snow and uses the emergency condition exception for a few stops so he can get our early and make it to his sons baseball game

Jesus Christ you guys are so out of touch with how anything works at a shipping giant.

>> No.16998148

>>16998116
pls go uncleoldfag, shiffag, astrofag. ur incessant ranting against the obvious truth is just annoying. Even if you were right we ignore you just based on how gay you are.

>> No.16998181

>>16997438
>>16997443
what the fuck is this timeline, all these memes being vowen into the fabric of the universe yet the $1000 EOY stays unfulfilled.

>> No.16998186

>>16998123
José, sí señor, si se puede! you can code for these things!

And which project makes blockchains externally aware in the most secure way right now!

Hint:

En español: eslabón de la cadena.

Maybe that will ayuda you my amigo. We haven’t implemented ChainLink yet, but there are people in high places that have certainly been aware of it for months now.

Tiempo will tell, mang

>> No.16998230

>>16998006
It won’t go out like blockbuster, it’ll go out like sears. Because the service it provides will always be needed. Consumers will just demand a lower cost lower overhead alternative to a massively bloated company with irrelevant brick and mortar operations and unneeded employees

>> No.16998232

Im so tired of larps. I have to sell most of my link stack in march and thought it would have done more by now so i didn't have to sell it all.

I just know the second i sell it will all explode and I'll hang myself....

>> No.16998260

>>16998116
What illness do you have? You don’t have to FUD link anymore. It is a billion dollar market cap project with billions of dollars in volume every day.

You don’t need to make trips anymore and FUD on biz you fucking retard. José isn’t going to accumulate much link with his UPS salary and all the other teenagers left here don’t have income.

If you didn’t accumulate “enough” in 2018, you’re the retard because you’ve been here at least since summer of 2018 when ChainLink was below 20c.

If you didn’t consolidate all of your 2017 gains and other free capital into Link then, you were never going to become a millionaire anyway. And you certainly won’t help your cause by trip fudding on biz. Go get a second job and make more money poorfag.

>> No.16998265

>>16998186
Dude, your not getting it at all. A human being inputs this data. A Human being use their judgement.

A ups driver is the one who inputs emergency condition because he uses his judgement and decides a certain delivery point is unsafe due to weather or another condition. As long as there are ups drivers, there will ALWAYS be a human imputing this data and using judgement. Lazy fuck drivers have no problem emergency conditioning time consuming stops to get out of work early. Nobody can tell the driver that he needs to work unsafe and the driver has the ultimate say it what he finds safe or unsafe if there is a dog, or snow on the ground ect.

>> No.16998339

>>16998232
If ChainLink becomes the de facto oracle source for all the projects in development, I’m not sure you’re aware of the daily volume of data that will entail.

There really is no ideal blockchain infrastructure to safely and securely handle all of that data and that is why things seem to be developing “slowly,” from your perspective (really you’re just impatient). The amount of development, experimentation, etc that is happening:

IF it all comes to fruition and...

IF ChainLink is the de facto oracle network used (similar to the way Oracle is the de facto database/software supplier for everyone), you should definitely buy a good 30 ft of rope when you sell your Link at $2. It may all fail obviously, but I’d have the rope around just in case.

>> No.16998392

>>16998260
Well Jose the ups driver makes over 100k a year after 4yr. Much more than the allowance your mommy gives you, but hey, at least you get tendies brought to you for lunch.

>> No.16998396

>>16998339
> impatient
I've held link since june 18. To put the sods law in perspective guess when i past had to sell my stack. Yep. That was literally needing to loan money to a family member for a month.

>> No.16998442

>>16998265
No, my is getting it all. It is your’s that is unable to see A) how technology is already changing that entire paradigm (there is an entire service that already underwent an analogous change and has experienced dramatic change as a corollary...and that began in the early 90s. Maybe you can think of that service: think of cameras and constant monitoring. B) you are literally looking at your job from a truck driver’s perspective. David Abney doesn’t drive a truck for a living and he doesn’t sympathize with you. He sympathizes with his largest shareholders and he’s not a fan of inefficiency. And C) again, you are looking at this from the extraordinarily narrow lense of a fucking truck driver. The project on which I’m working doesn’t even concern you José. It is a tool that will be used by people far above your pay grade to handle intercompany commerce that you’ve never had to consider while driving through North Carolina on I-95 listening to Joe Rogan, holmes.

>> No.16998446

>>16998265
>because he uses his judgement and decides a certain delivery point is
Sensors.

>> No.16998479

>>16997800
What he meant to say (doubt it, he's retarded) is that Chainlink would cause a shipping mega company to develop, an "Uber" of shipping. Every package would be it's own smart contract, once you pick up a bunch, scan them all with your phone, then you are responsible for them from there on out, the contract could be completed when the person it's going to gives you their shipping pin as you hand them the package, which could be a static thing, or randomly generated per package, depending on how much it's worth etc. This would make UPS redundant.

>> No.16998513

>>16998442
Your not working on shit. Your Probably an i.e. grunt who passes along the approved route numbers to the centers.

>> No.16998545

>>16998392
Ay caramba! Impressivo Wey!

The average shitcoin enthusiast of 5+ years makes or loses more than $100k daily due to regular market movement.

I’m glad I spent my last 4 years being a nerd instead of learning how to back a truck into a loading zone, but I’m sure you’ve got way better stories about those wild truck stops in the heartlands! Mommy actually currently lives in my basement (I.e. guest room) and it actually is time for her lunch (unfortunately she’s too ill to eat tendies). But thanks for your concern, I’ll go take care of that for now and let you go back to talking to the kids here.

I’ll see you in 4 years José. By then you’ll be balling out of control with your 6 figure salary. Don’t spend it all on stimulants and whores! Marijuana stocks are a popular investment Im sure you can get behind and understand more than software!

Adios wey!!

>> No.16998575

>>16998545
Post ups Id with time stamp fuckboi. Show hand color too. Typical pajeet Lower/middle management getting under paid, over worked and thinks he’s important because his boss gives em high 5s and tell him good job once a month.

>> No.16998643

>>16998148
>Even if you were right
Bargaining stage. Stop calling me other tripfags. They’re all Americans, I’m a bong.

>>16998260
>u own link heh
This is how deluded linkoids deal with anyone who upsets their world view. They’re literally unable to fathom the fact that there is at least 1 person who dislikes their shitcoin. Imagine having a tranny’s version of reality where.
>no bad thoughts, happy feelings, we’re all going to make it, positive thinking, all fudders are whales, yes, all fudders are whales, all fud is fake
This person has the gall to call me the mentally ill one when he cannot accept any non-hugbox certified reality.

Neither of you can deny the fact there’s never been any ‘technical’ discussion about chainlink because there’s fucking nothing to it. It’s literally just an API data aggregator with token nodes. Why are you amazed by this when services have existed since forever that do the same thing? Did the ‘decentralised’ buzzword hook you that hard?

>> No.16998693

>>16998643
You're a fucking tripfag. You do more to damage our culture here than any single anon who regularly visits biz.

>> No.16998736

>>16998693
The purpose of this trip is to trigger and drive linkoids back to rebbit to salvage my board. All trip does have a purpose. Once the last linkoid has departed back to their subplebbit this trip will be off. This is not your safe space.

>> No.16998802
File: 517 KB, 2016x1512, 16ED95FD-9040-4250-A47F-CFBE5F67D2AB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16998575
In all time zones, it’s time for you to get back to work José. I actually am working right now, from home. It’s a luxury I can afford thanks to previous decisions in my life. Similar to affording interesting but mostly useless mechanical luxuries like this watch which cost around 1/5 your salary. I bought it around 2015 or so after making, what I thought was, a lot of money off of bitcoin.

Want me to post the gift I bought myself thanks to Ethereum?

How about XLM or ChainLink?

You know José, you shouldn’t judge an individual based on his skin color. I’m as Caucasian as they come and have met very intelligent people whose skin is darker than your black oily hair! I even lived in Colombia and got to interact with a lot of your Aztec and Incan ancestors. Some were very intelligent! If you find an intelligent woman to breed with you, maybe your offspring will have a higher level of cognition than you. Bueno suerte!

>>16998643

No, it is just hard to believe anyone is mentally ill enough to make trips on 4chan to talk shit about a project in which he has no financial interest. I don’t understand how that isn’t an extraordinary waste of one of your most valuable assets: time. Biz has offered largely nothing of substance to the world in the past two years besides interesting and entertaining content and discussion about ChainLink. It is why most people come here. So yes, I assume that you are mentally ill if you are wasting so much time online talking about a project you have no interest in. You’re better off spending your time doing almost anything else. It is extraordinarily strange behavior that I could only see being genuinely developed by someone who lost money due to ChainLink. In which case you bought into a speculative frenzy in a market about which you know very little that is sprouting around an industry about which you know even less.

>> No.16998812

>ctrl+f "veena pureswaran"
>0 results

I'm disappointed in you /biz/

>> No.16998845

>>16998693
I check biz about once a week nowadays (probably even less since winter started) and for me to be familiar with this trip and uncleoldfag and Astro just shows the amount of time wasted by these people (unless their schedule just happens to coincide with mine).

Anyway, I really do have stuff to do and this conversation has devolved from anything of substance besides the post by the anon making the Uber analogy.

>> No.16998901

>>16998802
So you don’t work for ups and have no actual clue wtf your talking about just like I thought. Nice kiddy pool by the way.

I’m all in on link, but link is not going to be used by ups or any other big shipping company. Sorry to tell you faggots. Insurance and derivatives will see use, not fucking DHL to track your gay ass lucky brand jeans.

>> No.16999037

>>16998901
Never said I work for UPS. I said I am working on a project for UPS.

You’ve clearly never been involved in software development.

>> No.16999058
File: 2.60 MB, 1454x1895, RONNIE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16997443
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM

>> No.16999100

>>16998901
I’m entirely certain by how you talk and handle yourself that my link stack (in USD or Euros) is (possibly a lot) larger than your net worth.

Your trying to slight my pool or say how truck drivers don’t need blockchain have done nothing to suggest you have any idea regarding the purposes for which ChainLink can or will be used.

This is a fact whether you choose to believe it or not: I am developing a blockchain-based piece of software for UPS and my project’s commissioners are aware of ChainLink and we have discussed it for around six months.

Not to sound like a fag, but I really refuse to get anymore specific than that for risk of being removed from working on this project. My interest in this project is not entirely financial.

>> No.16999101

Reeeeeeeeeee charge your fucking phone

>> No.16999134
File: 61 KB, 819x827, db460e93.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16999100

unironically based

wealthy people like you give me hope, not everyone who made it is a retard and blows their money right away, instead you get involved and join the development.

very based anon, take me and my suicide stack to the moon.

>> No.16999142

>>16999100
Nobody cares about your stack or what you have senpai. It proves absolutely nothing. Your working on a blockchain POC with a bunch of other Indians here on work visas so ups can publish an article in Forbes about how their experimenting with blockchain to make the shareholders happy. That’s all your doing, nothing will get implemented.

>> No.16999152

This is literally just a affiliated news article that ANYONE can post on ups.com with. Doesn't mean shit, you are all posting from India ITT just like Veena is.

>> No.16999160

Someone should just email her and ask if she has ever heard of or was referencing Chainlink

>> No.16999230

>>16998116
Would you ever just fuck off. You gotta be the saddest fuck here. Worse then a fucking pajeet.

>> No.16999283

>>16998802
>posting photo of own hand with some monstrosity
>How fucking old is that Macbook?
>walls and walls of text
>reeks of emotion

>> No.16999317

>>16999134
The world isn’t going to create itself. You can either get involved in something or be passive and just follow trends.

I got interested in bitcoin because of my time in Colombia and seeing everyone slowly starting to get cell phones. I was involved with a mining project and got to see how various rural people there lived and transacted. They don’t really have a very strong money system and a lot of the little stores accept anything for which they can get money as payment (including minerals, trade items, etc).

All mega power countries are clearly expanding into Africa and South America for resources. I see so many opportunities for an efficient way of reaping these resources thanks to blockchain that will be able to eventually outperform shitty local governments and allow these billions of people to rely on the blockchain for a “sound” economy.

I think the world will be drastically different in 10 years. The fact that you see blockchain projects popping up in places like Africa, Brazil, Argentina, etc isn’t because there are some villagers on Windows 98 making fun blockchain projects. It’s so rich countries can come in and extract resources in an efficient and organized way.

I hope that it ends up helping the local people and doesn’t just enable Americans and Europeans to continue being whiny, spoiled faggots

>> No.16999376

>>16999317
Post ETH LINK moon presents anon. Also regarding emerging 3rd world blockchain economies, RSR seems a fucking good buy.

>> No.16999410

>>16999317
>let’s make sure than when we take advantage of all these other countries that we have it all down on an immutable ledger on a blockchain!!!
Imagine thinking this is how the world works. You gotta be a leftist sjw. Countries work on corruption and back door deals, there is no place for blockchain in any of this type of stuff. Your incredibly out of touch with reality.

>> No.16999416

>>16999283
>sees photo on biz board from an anon displaying in excess of $500k in real estate and other things earned through business
>criticisizes computer for being 3 years old
>criticizes watch size
>leaves entirely green text reply and doesn’t talk about anything relating to business
>only other post in thread is to lament another poor tripfag with nothing to say about business

What the fuck are you faggots doing with your lives?

>> No.16999464

>>16999416
Why do you feel the need to keep bragging about your shit. You Keep buying shit and still can’t find happy ness. I know your kind. You act like your the only person this board with any type of success. I got a rental property paid off, my homestead is almost paid off, I drive a f80 bmw m3 comp package as my daily, I got a race car to play with on the weekends, I have money to do whatever the fuck makes me happy. Stop being such a bragging faggot thinking that your something special. You ain’t shit homie.

>> No.16999502

>>16999410
>Everything has always been exactly how it is right now
>Nothing ever changes because I grew up with a cell phone and the internet so I know everything.

Yes José, we already get the gist of your perspective from your other 5 posts saying the same thing in different ways.

>> No.16999740
File: 1.01 MB, 958x960, 82770321_174612660612322_3151485201796825088_o.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who made more money overall:
a) casuals buying crypto
b) clickbait bloggers rewording generalizations into "news articles"

>> No.16999742

>>16999502
That's a line of thinking that you can't convince people to drop, assuming it's sincere. Fuck these nerds, and good luck on your project.

>> No.17000430

>>16998057
Do you think Chainlink can actually reach 1000 USD per token?

>> No.17001210

>>16997438
Absolutely Pureswaran lads

>> No.17001409
File: 164 KB, 342x500, DxXywbqWwAEKGQY.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16999416
This board is a shitshow homie, don't let it get to you. There are plenty who read and heed. We appreciate the info. Can you elaborate on any goals of the project you are working on?

>> No.17001450

>>16997685
>Fuckboi
This is like the gayest normie faggot shit to say.

>> No.17001463

>>16997592
This. Chainlink it’s the time travel shit token.

>> No.17001475

>>16997443
>Cross border trades
UPS confirmed for partnering with XRP

>> No.17001486

>>16997735
Fuck off retard chainlink is a scam.

>> No.17001508

>>16997672
>what is mixicles?
https://chain.link/mixicles.pdf

>> No.17001613

>>16998479
Actually a cool idea

>> No.17001779

>>16999502
10k to make it?

>> No.17001795

>>16998479
This basic idea was the first great usecase I understood about smart contracts and chainlink. The real usecase though, is making auto executing payments for once foreign goods reach port. So, say I want to buy $1m of some chinese good to sell on Amazon but have no relationshop with the factory we could put the money in a SC and have it auto execute once the goods have reached their destination. That way both sides don't need to trust eachother, just the person who audits the code.