[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 44 KB, 519x429, Jew_rampage.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1699075 No.1699075 [Reply] [Original]

OK, /biz/ - I'm a financial retard who decided to take the Jew approach to investing. 1/3 net worth into real estate, 1/3 net worth into the stock market, 1/3 net worth into precious metals. I have a few questions regarding this practice:

>Is REtipster a reliable real estate advice blog?
>What are some good resources for reviewing earnings reports?
>Is TD Ameritrade a lucrative investment vessel?

Thank you in advance for serious answers and bumps.

>> No.1699114

Personally, I'd go 50% into RE and 50% into an index fund. I never did understand precious metal investing, I always think of goldbugs as irrational tinfoil hat "Smeegles" with "my preccciioouusss" gold in some safe deposit box or under the floorboards in case of an invasion from North korea or some other bullshit.

Never heard of REtipster before, but you may want to check out biggerpockets.com.

>> No.1699129

I can say from experience that TD Ameritrade is pretty okay. They keep their bullshit to a minimum from what I've seen thus far. They have good programs and apps for desktop and phone trading and have pretty top notch research available to you as far as brokers go.

>> No.1699132

Get some money in cryptos, bitcoin, ether, monero, zcash.

The returns are too good to ignore

T. Half jew

>> No.1699139

>>1699114
>I never did understand precious metal investing
It's not so much "investing" as much as it is a hedge against inflation and losses.

>> No.1699150
File: 63 KB, 500x497, gold.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1699139

>> No.1699167

>>1699150
K, precious metals are out then.

What about 40% RE, 40% stocks, and 20% municipal bonds?

>> No.1699188

>>1699114

Gold is insurance. Gold will keep value through a war or currency collapse, property can be seized by the state, cash can become worthless, equities can be wiped out overnight.

Gold will not make you rich, but it will mean that like the Jews, despite having a bad run from Pharoah to ww2, you still have a stereotype about being wealthy.

Gold won't make you rich, but when you need to run at 3am in the morning, it will keep you rich.

The problem today is any 'oh shit' scenario is either going to be a blip like 2009 and we'll print our way out, meaning you don't need gold, or the fucking nuclear apocalypse, and gold won't mean shit in the wasteland. I understand the logic, no so much today though, for 'oh shit' scenario you're better off spending the money on guns, ammo, and getting your house off grid ready.

>> No.1699198

>>1699075
Precious metals are a meme

>> No.1699200

>>1699167
Why not go corporate bond? Just pick one with a high rating from both major agencies and you get a lot more % per cycle compared to municipal

>> No.1699201 [DELETED] 

>>1699198
Then what would you suggest I use as a hedge?

>> No.1699203

>>1699201
>>1699200
I'll look into that - thanks!

>> No.1699212

>>1699201
One of the best hedges is just the diversification of your investments, have a wide enough spread and you'll always come out breaking even or with small loses in the case of a crisis.

Splitting it up pretty evenly between Mutual Funds, Indices, Bonds (governmental for long term and corporate for any less than 10 years), and Dividend-bearing stocks

Maybe some individual non-dividend paying stocks if you plan on managing your portfolio closely. (Personally I just prefer putting my money in safe investments like the dividend stocks/bonds/MF's as I don't have time nor the patience every week to spend a couple of hours on market research)

>> No.1699213

>>1699212
>but muh catastrophe
If a true financial crisis or war happens that is enough to tank every investment in a diverse portfolio, gold is just going to be harder to liquefy into funds in that catastrophe.

Or the world ends and it won't matter

>> No.1699215

>>1699075
As long as that's REITs, trackers and gold EFTs then that should be ok actually. I wouldn't personally hold that much gold, and I'd have some bonds or bond-like investments, but to each their own. How's it performing so far?

>> No.1699219

>>1699212
And to add on to that plan, all of those investments that pay a dividend (the MF's/Bonds/dividend stocks) all generate more capital to reinvest automatically or manually at your leisure. That's always a nice multiplier effect if you're putting money into your accounts monthly

>> No.1699410

>>1699215
Haven't made the switch yet, going to set the wheels in motion this Mon. or Tues.