[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 99 KB, 354x500, Charizard__4_102__Base_Set.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16989230 No.16989230 [Reply] [Original]

So i did a rough value of all my cards and it seems i can knock them out for around 900$ in total. Thats not trying to squeeze the best price out of them.
I'm 25. Have a Shiny Charizard and a nice set of rare holos and a lot of base set and early cards. I do have a small attachment to them but not really that much. I suppose I can keep a few if I want.

Is now a decent time to dump these on some idiot who will pay so much for pieces of card? It seems when Pokemon Go came out they spiked in value hard and settled now. To me that signifies that nostalgia wont carry these to mental prices later. If they doubled in value in 20 years i wouldn't really give a fuck but if they 4x or something i guess i would.

>> No.16989258

>>16989230
I would sell

>> No.16989278

>>16989230
Would recommend cashing out

>> No.16989283

>>16989230
Should you sell? Yes.
Will it sell for a good price? Are they in good condition? If not, no they wont.

Just go to some website where they sell cards P2P or make a youtube video of all the cards you have and show it on some pokemon forums and shit where nerds hangout, they will give you a fair price for them.

>> No.16989395

>>16989283

Decent. some great. Like i said, I looked it up and 900$ seems a fair value for both their condition, and not squeezing the max price out of them even for their condition.

I was thinking of just doing it on Ebay. they will jew me like 10% but its easy. and i'll probably do a separate listing for the 10 or so cards worth 30$+ and put the rest in a huge group and try get about 500$ for the lot.

I imagine it'd be a pain in the ass trying to organize some INTP freak to buy them on a collecting forum no? If its simply i'd do it and save the ebay jew fees

>> No.16989503

>>16989230
where did you get $900 from and how you plan on selling them? looking them up on ebay/tcg player? you going to try and sell them individually online or bulk sell them to a dealer?

dealers follow whats called bulk pricing in TCG's. cards that are worth under $3 are usually bought at a rate of around $5 per 1000 cards because the cost of mailing, storage, display space, and in general dealing with them is not worth anymore.

so if you got 1k of cards you see selling for $1 and think you would take $900 so the dealer can make alittle money too, you are in for a rude awakening. so unless you got holo 1st editions, certain trainers, or in demand current meta's its not going to be pretty.

if you are willing to list everyone of them individually, mail them, and argue with customers over the quality or if they got them at all, then you might get get close to what a rough estimate of looking them up online will be.

>> No.16989512

>>16989395
Sell on troll and toad. Sold 86 pokemon cards and made over $900. I had some rares like a shiny pikachu or "pikachu star." Funny thing is that card had some black tar on it. Wipped it off carefully and was able to pass it off as near mint and got over $200 from it lol. But Trollandtoad quote you a price as long as the condition is what you say it is.

>> No.16989573

>>16989503

I got prices from checking completed listings on ebay for same condition cards, than slashing that value by about 30%
all of the holos add up to around 600$ in total individually, that was going by about 80% of what similar condition cards were going for because i wont be trying to squeeze out every penny like a jew.

The non holo rares totalled at about 200$ going by the same principal but maybe more like 70% because i thought they'd be harder to sell.

The rest is about 4,000 Energy cards, and an equal number of cards ranging from base set, jungle, fossi, rocket and some early jhoto sets, and then a few from the early gen 3 sets.

So as said, was thinking of individually selling the few cards worth more than 20-30$, which is around 15, for a total of around 350$, and putting the rest all together in a giant set including the rest of the holo rares. and asking for about 500$. that could probably end up closer to 400$ i suppose.
No way am i willing to sell individually that many.

>> No.16990461

No shit found a shadowless charizard in my old collection i was reminiscing about a few years ago. Had it graded by the wrong place and got a lower rating than i believe it would have been. Sold it for $1100 on ebay when i believe it was worth about 5-8k. Immediately put it in to crypto and watched that vaue drop 90% during the crashening. Wish i would have held on to it at this point. Im a little salty.

>> No.16990711

Better question, I have the first like 8/9 sets up until the 3rd Generation all complete. Would it be worth getting them graded or selling them individually as is? I’m not on a timeline and most are in good to perfect condition

>> No.16990766

Pokimon? Dump that stupid shit. Put down $40k+ for an alpha or beta black lotus (black borders) from magic the gathering. That's the lambo of chinese card games.

>> No.16990944

don't confuse what they're worth with cards that are graded

ungraded cards you can pretty much buy any one of them ever made for just a few dollars

>> No.16991007

>>16989230
yeah. some other anon said he was selling his MTG cards for PNK. I'd do the same.

>> No.16991073

>>16990766
Fuck off faggot. Never seen a more "akshually" post in my life. Nobody in this thread has showed any interest in MTG, nor the idea of spending additional money on children's card games. You watched literally one video of Rudy on youtube and couldnt resist shitting up the thread to larp as le elite card collector.

>> No.16991110

>>16990711
The neo sets are starting to go up in value more. If you have any 1st ed holo for those neo sets id hold on to them a bit longer

>> No.16991126

>>16990944
The non 1st ed holos of older sets are starting to go up in price too