[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 37 KB, 400x600, patient .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16869667 No.16869667 [Reply] [Original]

Alongside widely touted use cases for blockchain in 2017 including gambling and supply chains, decentralized medical record systems were hyped heavily when the influx of normies and youtube shills were at their peak. withstanding the jaw dropping success of dentacoin, are there any of these medicalmemes that stand a chance? Patientory and Medicalchain showed promise but have dumped into oblivion. Can they recover? What is else out there? Do we have a fucking Dr in the house? Many questions to explore ITT anons.

>> No.16870235

>>16869667
one of the very few use cases for blockchain

>> No.16870247

>>16869667
The blockchain isn’t suitable for EMR/EHR. The new systems that will be implemented in 2-3 years have already been bought and paid for. Crypto will not have a place in this industry likely ever.
>t. PGY-4

>> No.16870250

>>16869667
imagine the smell

>> No.16870251

>>16869667
blockchain medical records are actually genius

>> No.16870278
File: 162 KB, 960x960, 1579125772284.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16869667
who wants their medical records on a public ledger for the world to see?

>> No.16870286

>>16870251
Not really. In most normal countries your medical records aren't supposed to last forever, for privacy reasons.

The blockchain is still a good fit for things like insurance companies. That can use smart contracts to ensure you can only spend money on whatever the insurance is supposed to cover. And for banks, who can put evidence on the blockchain that someone can get funding. The blockchain is also perfect to show the ownership of houses, cars or stocks.

>> No.16870287

>>16870278
This is why your medical records will be securely held on your Urbit, not on a public ledger

>> No.16870295

>>16870247

Because hospitals don't want to monetize, secure and trade the most valuable thing they have right? patient data.

>> No.16870301

>>16869667
damn, you just know all those signatures were from men she fucked

>> No.16870316

>>16870295
That is absolutely not the most valuable thing they have. Look up HIPAA laws, they could post everything on /b/ tomorrow and the maximum penalty is a drop in the bucket.

>> No.16870354

>>16870287
Based.

>> No.16870360

>>16869667
I don't think that'll come from any meme project with a ponzi token attached. Maybe something will get built on ETH if it really starts getting usage in finance.

I'm not sure it makes sense to have on a public chain and it's useless unless everyone agrees to the same system.

>> No.16870392

>>16870301
>she
he removed his dick

>> No.16870402

>>16870392
why is the rest of her (his) body in a cast then?

>> No.16870417

>>16870278
It can be like monero, you cannot see what's inside without the view keys.

>> No.16870434
File: 18 KB, 600x600, 88F05000-B2CC-4454-9541-FCA7DDE56509.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16869667
>tfw no full body cast gf

>> No.16870509

>>16870250
Mark didn't have to imagine

>> No.16870705

>>16870402
to keep it from touching itseld, its kinda like the cone to keep dogs from biting themselves

>> No.16870805

>>16870278
>what is zk tech the post

>> No.16871162

>>16870417
and you expect medical facilities to have good storage of private/view keys? they don't keep their systems secure so it will be the same as it is now, just with added complexity

>> No.16871242

>>16869667
Doctor here; this won’t happen for decades lol.

Do you have any idea how long it too just to start getting hospitals to get electronic medical records? Do you have any idea how hard it is to get those EMRs to cooperate? Cerner and Epic etc hate each other. Medicine is very slow to adapt. What is much more likely to happen is individual EMR companies develops their own APIs which can be used to upload data to a preexisting blockchain for ICD10 coding and billing.

>> No.16871254

>>16870295
You clearly don’t have a clue about how medical data works

>> No.16871288

You have absolutely no fucking clue how badly I want the government to adopt some fucking form of blockchain ID already. Literally every weekend I spend hours repeatedly typing in the same 5 pieces of information over and over. If we had ID on the blockchain, I could simply have them send me their ID and have it auto-populate in the form. What takes me 8 hours could be finished in 30 minutes. Can we please kill the fucking old luddites already jesus christ.

>> No.16871311

>>16869667
>med records on block chain
>biometrics in blockchain
>biological wearables with live feeds through oracles on blockchain
>credit score on block chain
>social rep/score on block chain
>social security on block chain

Wonder why it’s called block chain....

Protip: World Wide Web

>> No.16871363

>>16869667
i don't see why pol gets all mad about this stuff. it's just useless genetic dead ends removing themselves from the gene pool. it's a win win for society. also there is no way they are ever passable so they will most likely figure that out when they get into their mid 20's and realize they can't fight biology and the just look like old winkly saggy dickless freaks and inevitably kill themselves.

>> No.16871378

>>16869667
what's the benefit of having medical records on a decentralized system such as the blockchain?

>> No.16871457

>>16871378
It's all instant and trustless, no more filling out paperwork and sifting through bullshit, send a copy of your records to whatever medical institution website you want and instantly have insurance setup, meeting scheduled, notes updated, emergency contacts allergies all entered, etc. You would never have to show up anywhere physically with an ID in hand, it could all be done online beforehand. Every single industry could save so much of everybody's fucking time and labor if they just adopted it already.

>> No.16871477

>>16871363
As is always the case, it's not natural its influenced. Hormones in the food to convert more otherwise normal kids. Free SSRIs at college to fuck up even more.

>> No.16871485

>>16871457
why would that need to be decentralized though? Couldn't there just be a central company that gets tapped for these records?

>> No.16871544

>>16869667
What is her expression trying to convey?

>> No.16871563
File: 245 KB, 600x849, CapitalismExplained.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16869667
No, it's a non-trivial problem and decentralized blockchains are ill-suited for it. Read this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_information_exchange

>>16871457
>instant
What are block sizes and block times, again? Or do you mean access times that will almost by definition be slower than dedicated inter-hospital links?

>trustless
Yes, people never trust their shifty doctors. Much better to rely on anonymous coders scattered across the world.

>paperwork and bullshit, instant setup
Right, your EHR dapp is going to automatically support all the formatting and standards for hundreds of different hospital and clinic IT standards. I mean, like, name can probably be boiled down to a single immutable string, right?

>no ID
Buddy you'll either need your ID, a secure private key - functionally the same thing, or a willingness to pay the medical bill of every Juan, Jamarcus, and Jin this side of the border.

>save fucking time and labor
The difference between pointless bureaucracy and necessary complexity is only ever visible with subject matter expertise.

>> No.16871637

>>16869667
imagine living through major jewish atrocities like the holocaust, slavery, and usury

and somehow you still think medical records and the false sense of permanence and equally false dichotomy between healthy and unhealthy that they create are somehow a good idea, and now only are they a good idea, they should be hosted in a decentralized, immutable fashion such that if one person gets their hands on whatever ties your PII to your record, your entire medical history will be publicly available

do you faggots think at all when you type out these nightmare scenarios? health records should be burnt after a year or kept in cold storage and only accessible with the consent of the patient in triplicate form factors

>> No.16871670

>>16871485
There already is kind of, your insurance company handles most of your records and transfers. Decentralized is important because then that creates the trustless environment where agencies are able to pull your records without having to verify everything 20 different times from 5 different hospitals to make sure its you and its correct up to date. Everything on your record will be assumed up to date and correct because it's decentralized and your insurance and hospital should have updated and uploaded where necessary already since they can access the same system. You simply sign a transaction and that is digital proof that you are who you say you are.

>>16871563
Access times will be faster in the sense that printing off paperwork they have locally will take 5 seconds compared to sending your information and taking 5 minutes to clear, but then you save half an hour not filling out that printed paperwork. It's not about wether you trust the doctors or not, it's about them knowing all your information is correct and stored securely without them having to oversee that.

As for formatting, it doesn't really matter what formats they use because once everything is entered as a value in a blockchain it can be setup to automatically transform. You can have a local blockchain in which you enter local records that once you push to the next level of storage, like an interhospital network, automatically transforms the document and data into whatever format is compliant with the standard.

And you're right, you will still need an ID in the sense you will be somewhere in the system, but then you simply just sign a transaction and send it to verify your identity digitally.

Paperwork is busy work specifically made obtuse by the government to force corporations to give people jobs.

>> No.16871684

>>16870316
Per penalty.

>> No.16871706

>>16870705
You're a funny little cunt u know that?

>> No.16871713

>>16871457
they could already do this if they wanted

much, much faster than with a blockchain. much cheaper too.

they don't want to share info.

>> No.16871741
File: 411 KB, 319x757, Educational Skeleton Santa.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16871670
>it's about them knowing all your information is correct and stored securely without them having to oversee that.
Half the population has a double digit IQ. And you want to trust them to independently maintain a standalone record of things like their address and current medications? Do you realize how awful an idea that is?

>it can be setup to automatically transform.
There are literally thousands of highly paid, full time employees working on exactly that across dozens of EHR companies and major hospital systems. A couple guys on Discord will not be able to just magically streamline that. Unless, say, you're fine just storing the anesthesia records of your knee replacement in a lovely CSV file. That'd be parseable by overworked, sleep deprived nurses, right?

>Sign a transaction
Yes, nowadays we have palm prints because see above. Passwords, writing a signature, these are barriers to care for a nonzero percent of the population.

>> No.16871777

>>16871713
You're right, but I think a lot of this is made extremely easy and secure with blockchain because of the concept of a digital signature. Digital signatures allow you to automate a process without manually verifying them, so you could automatically verify to push records from a local blockchain onto another chain, this would allow you to only send over the needed data, they wouldn't have to send over the patients entire profile. Much like video and audio formats there would likely be multiple standards, and this goes for every industry not just healthcare, and the accepting and sending chains would work together to send receive and format only the files which the sending authority has authorized.

>> No.16871794

>>16871777
>. Digital signatures allow you to automate a process without manually verifying them
who adds medical records to this blockchain?
who gives out keys?

the doctors? the hospitals? the government?

whoever this party is, that's who you're trusting. so you might as well just have that party run an Oracle database which will be 10000x faster and cheaper and more private than a fucking blockchain.

>> No.16871833

>>16871741
Do you know how block chains work dude? If sub-saharan IQ's were to fuck up the chain in any way they would lose all their money running an unprofitable operation very quickly. I don't have to trust them, it's trustless. No, I'm not scared of bob down the street trying to 51% attack my medical records, actually.

>unless you want to store anethesia records in a csv
Instead of thousands it will be the teams working on each blockchain that the healthcare providers subscribe to. That is capitalism so that is hoe it will play out, the team of "LocalHealthChain Standard" will be working on integrating with "AceCareChain standard" to make sure files transform easily. It can be in whatever fucking format the doctors want, they could press a button on their in-house software and pull the records from acehealthchain and have them printed off on paper by the time they walk to their office. I'm getting the sense you are more familiar with the healthcare industry then the tech industry from these first two points.

As for the signatures, the thing with passwords and palm prints is that every company needs their own, every single company in that step needs you to sign in to an account or to show up at their offices for a physical print to push those documents, with blockchain you can sign transactions from doctors office 1, to hospital 2, onto insurance company 3 without ever leaving the original office or signing in multiple places.

>> No.16871851

>>16871833
>As for the signatures, the thing with passwords and palm prints is that every company needs their own, every single company in that step needs you to sign in to an account or to show up at their offices for a physical print to push those documents, with blockchain you can sign transactions from doctors office 1, to hospital 2, onto insurance company 3 without ever leaving the original office or signing in multiple places.
What you're arguing for is encryption, which is already in place and in fact legally required by HIPAA. Has nothing to do with shitcoins.
>Instead of thousands it will be the teams working on each blockchain that the healthcare providers subscribe to. That is capitalism so that is hoe it will play out, the team of "LocalHealthChain Standard" will be working on integrating with "AceCareChain standard" to make sure files transform easily. It can be in whatever fucking format the doctors want, they could press a button on their in-house software and pull the records from acehealthchain and have them printed off on paper by the time they walk to their office. I'm getting the sense you are more familiar with the healthcare industry then the tech industry from these first two points.
This is absolutely retarded and defeats the stated purpose of unifying medical records into one standard.

The DMV doesn't need a blockchain or a shitcoin to let the police department see their database of license plates and car registrations.

I can see how you can get the idea that databases and networked computers are a wholly new thing unique to "blockchains" if you only ever discovered what technology is after the 2017 tether pump.

>> No.16871948

>>16871851
>>16871794
I have to go to sleep, so I wont be making a large reply, but in short I think you are drastically oversimplifying how important that signature is. A database cannot send a pull request for random documents 24/7 and expect it to be honored because the receiving side cannot be sure the client needs those files. Where as if the client signs the pull request and then signs the release request, it's fully autonomous. An oracle database would require the trust of both institutions that the client that they fully represent the client, where as a blockchain would allow you to verify the clients signature without having to trust anything.

I'm not arguing for encryption, I understand that already exists. You cannot send client documents to another entity though without having the clients consent, that is illegal. How we work around that right now is physical signatures consenting to that. What you are talking about is making sure when the feds ask for a plate the DMV sends it without third parties intercepting it, what I am talking about is when the feds ask for a plate from the DMV, the DMV is actually able to verify its the feds asking for it and not a third party. That's a big difference.

The one thing you are right about is multiple chains would serve no purpose, IF there was no central authority to intermediate. That central authority is a government ID blockchain, or an insurance industry standard, and one or the other will be built before your healthcare is on the blockchain.

And to take a potshot back, I'm amazed you are acting like you've been around tech and blockchain forever yet still don't understand the difference between

>> No.16872035

>>16871948
>A database cannot send a pull request for random documents 24/7 and expect it to be honored because the receiving side cannot be sure the client needs those files. Where as if the client signs the pull request and then signs the release request, it's fully autonomous
you can have digital signatures w/out blockchain. they predate satoshi by about 50 years

>What you are talking about is making sure when the feds ask for a plate the DMV sends it without third parties intercepting it, what I am talking about is when the feds ask for a plate from the DMV, the DMV is actually able to verify its the feds asking for it and not a third party
this is literally how communication works on the internet already. no shitcoin needed. you have a lot to learn