[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 155 KB, 1116x450, Prophecy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16860325 No.16860325 [Reply] [Original]

i think we are back

>> No.16860343

>>16860325
May 2020 forward should be BSV not BTC

>> No.16861204

>>16860343
dream on

>> No.16861259

Dominance will never go above 70% again. It's a downtrend that just hit resistance.

>> No.16861277

>>16860343
For anyone who isn't aware, BSVision is the pet project of Craig "Faketoshi" Wright and Calvin Ayre, owner of Coingeek.

They forked the project off from BCH, feigning outrage over smart contracts and privacy features, when Craig had advertised and endorsed these aspects of the project in the past.

Coingeek, a crypto "news" outlet, pumps out articles about "Satoshi's Vision" being the real Bitcoin, and touts rising metrics as adoption, despite most blocks being filled with spam weather data from one contributor (Coingeek endorsed, of course), and only a few apps from other Coingeek subsidiaries.

I say "apps" and not "dapps" because BSV puts up no illusions about being decentralized, their code is maintained exclusively by Coingeek subsidiaries and is entirely closed-source. CSW has attempted to patent several blockchain developments, and will throw around frivolous lawsuits at anyone who dares oppose or shed light on his methods.

This is all while Coingeek provides ~50% of their mining power. Publicly. They don't even try to give the impression that anyone else is mining their chain, and until the recent hash war with BCH when unknown miners appeared on both chains, Coingeek was even contributing over 50% at times, making holders speculate if they were 51% attacking their own project to try to confiscate the coins Satoshi mined to throw Craig's court verdict.

The entire project is a shitshow, and this is likely the one big spike before they exit scam. I feel bad for the people that Craig and Calvin have misled, but at the same time, they rant about anti-science and hyperbolic political views so much that I almost feel like anyone who still follows them deserves it. With so few exchanges listing them however, it's likely that almost none of their volume is organic.