[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 141 KB, 852x1136, A-Random-Walk-Down-Wall-Street.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16722796 No.16722796 [Reply] [Original]

I know TA is bullshit, but I find hard to believe a well thought portfolio could possibly be worse than index stocks.

>> No.16722812

>>16722796
If you want better than average results you need to do what others dare not do. Everyone is doing index investing.

>> No.16722839

>>16722796
The less you know about TA, the more you think it's bullshit.

>> No.16723017

>>16722796
>but I find hard to believe a well thought portfolio could possibly be worse than index stocks.
You best start believing harder then.
It's pure egotism for successful traders who got lucky to think "I did that, I made the right picks". The more circumspect ones might be "I didn't take needless risks", which is a key difference.
>>16722812
this is true, the market's consensus is already priced in, but the volatility works in two ways

>> No.16723061

>>16722796
Lots of data show that "experts" can't agree on what a "well thought portfolio" is.

>> No.16723092

TA is bullshit? The whole phenomenon of “buy the dip” is predicated on TA. You think those magic lines are for effects? They point out uptrends and downtrends. Did you not learn to draw trend lines in middle school? The fact that price is not completely random noise supports the phenomenon of TA. It’s not predictive; it’s a mathematical edge. I’m not even going to go into probability.

That’s the basis of TA. Find uptrends and buy their dips.

>> No.16724356
File: 296 KB, 825x1065, 1561885430729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16722796
The market doesn't have to be a random walk and SOXL is the answer. Face it. Semiconductors are crack in all but name. The desire for newer, faster, more is insatiable. Computers, GPUs, self-driving electric cars, AI enhanced smartphones, medical devices, microcontrollers, networkinging gear, machine learning, surveillance, infrastructure, war machines, the list is endless. No matter how many cores, or how fast and efficient, demand requires bigger, faster, cheaper, and better. The clamor for fresh silicon gives nary shit for national identity, creed, hue, gender, asshole virginity or other vain conceit; the multitude speaks in singular. The plea: semiconductor.
Here is all it takes to get on the receiving end of this thing. SOXL couples a single ETF entry point with the the best companies in the high growth semiconductor space then pushes these already stellar returns to the limit with 3x leverage, all responsibly managed via daily rebalancing to boot. SOXL effectively aligns your economic interests with powerhouses Nvidia, Qualcomm, Intel, Broadcom, Micron, Texas Instruments, Applied Materials, et al. Real tech companies and innovative products people want, not """tech""" """companies""" pushing shitty ads.
In the last 7 years, SOXL has exploded upwards 42x creating fortunes minting fortunes in the process. Yet still we are early. Semiconductor demand will proceed exponentially until every viable space is saturated with it. This is a fait accompli; the sheer number of interested parties and obviously compelling outcomes make it so. The injection of increasingly compact and efficient sensors, microcontrollers, information processing, and storage into everywhere and everything will be this era's seminal revolution, a revolution with SOXL planted firmly at the receiving end.
Stop waiting for the "pullback". Where we're going, fretting over a few dollars is meaningless. The deliberation is over; waiting is a failure mode. Now. Buy it now.