[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 82 KB, 632x960, a5rxvzO_700b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1670295 No.1670295 [Reply] [Original]

My dream is to work in a Hedge Fund in New York.

>18 years old
>third world country
>no american connection
>I can't speak in english very well, but i can work on that.
>Fucking intrested in finance
>Dreaming about this everyday and decided to start achieving it.

So... Is it better to finish my studies here in a noname University world wide or somehow travel to the US and start my career from 0.

How could i start from 0 outside of the US?

>> No.1670309

>>1670295
sorry to break it to you but with your circumstances, there is no way you're working in any hedge fund in New York.

>> No.1670323

>>1670295
try killing yourself

there's the chance you will reincarnate into a person born in the US

>or somehow travel to the US and start my career from 0.
do you have the 300k necessary for a 4 year degree, plus 2 year the mba?

>> No.1670730

it's hard enough for americans to work at hedge funds :/

>> No.1670751

>>1670295
Don't know how to help you, but try your best. Don't give up, and regret you didn't try.

>> No.1670762
File: 245 KB, 747x676, completely false.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1670295
>work in a Hedge Fund in New York
This is a fucking meme.You just don't know it yet.
Also your quality of life there will be low as fuck.
NYC is only good for people with already X.XXXk in Assets

>> No.1670766
File: 292 KB, 916x685, completely_false4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1670762
Finish your degree in your country
Learn English
Read dem free books
Become big finance goy in your country

>> No.1670784

>>1670295
Hedge funds aren't that great, I don't get why pajeets are obsessed with them and becoming doctors.

You'll be a lot happier in life if you just do what it takes to be satisfied with your days, have free time to spend with your wife and kids and have a job where you can make others happy.

Finish your degree in your country, look into starting a business in your country(try importing goods that aren't widely available or something along those lines).

Move to America, and settle somewhere modest, don't worry so much about the shit the goys tell you to worry about.

>> No.1670789

>>1670295

Apply to an american college, try to make everything about being a minority in a third world country, tell them that you are in danger living in your country because of some made up conflict, anything that makes you look like a victim, the sjw in admissions department will do everything to get you in

>> No.1670790
File: 218 KB, 913x679, summary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1670730
>it's hard enough for Americans to work at hedge funds :/
This.
It's not like he is starting with a minor disadvantage. He has a fucking mountain to climb.
Also most third world poorfags at Wallstreet have strict science or mathematical background and are only being exploited as code monkeys for their autistic brains. They have little to no chance to rise within the organization since there are way too many Americans with much better habitual knowledge.

>> No.1670797
File: 269 KB, 916x681, completely false2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1670789
You're mixing up two things.
>you are in danger living in your country because of some made up conflict, anything that makes you look like a victim
Seeking asylum in the US is probably his most realistic chance

>Apply to an american college, try to make everything about being a minority in a third world country
Like they care. They are probably being bombarded constantly with this shit.

>> No.1670806

>>1670295
Forget Finance. Your way in is through Mathematics. You have to be a Quant and understand the math behind the funds moves. This is your in. Without connections or degree you need a razor sharp and creative analytic mind. So live math and it's application to your field then work your way to the top.

>> No.1671158

>>1670295
you watched too many movies. third worlders are strongly manipulated by hollywood.
the kikes know this, they want you to migrate, so they make movies about how fun and great and stressless life in the west is.
don't get fooled, working at a hedge fund in NY is a nightmare, almost no sleep, fight with fucking predators all day long, and all that to get a salary that seems big but gets burnt away with ridiculously high costs of living.

>> No.1671201

>>1670295
i know a guy, he is spanish i think, well some poor european country, did a degree locally worked for a local exchange, moved to london now is VP in geneva Dukascopy

>> No.1671246

>>1671201
>Dukascopy

that's just a fucking privately owned brokerage, it pales in comparison to the institutions within that environment, your best bet your buddy has is in properly educating his offspring within that quality of life but I'm very sure he wouldn't condone you shilling him on 4chan when discretion is rigor in the biz

Besides that,

>>1671158

This guy gets it, lots of reputable white shoe firms look awesome on the outside but their employees cram like hell in the inside in cramped office spaces, what OP needs to do is break out of that mindset of reputation and status because as a wagecuck you gotta set what you're aiming for and if its neet bucks you'll always have a boss and you won't earn higher than him. The hedge fund meme has low pop it's because the employee is the fund in itself, likewise when you apply yourself in a field of business create value first before asking for value and that applies on all levels, the bottom line is just a point of reference. If you can't even apply in getting accepted AS A CLIENT in a hedge fund (implying you're an HNWI) then how can you even starship your way to the moon on the very top, manage your own cash and if you don't have any, create a business bottom up but wage cucking your way to another higher regarded wagecuckery is just perpetuating a cycle of unfulfilled craving