[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 5 KB, 225x225, download.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16695494 No.16695494 [Reply] [Original]

HA

>> No.16695499

No one has proof that Link does anything remotely worthwhile

>> No.16695695

>>16695494
Sergey bought his dad a lambo

>> No.16695712
File: 371 KB, 2048x1536, 4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sergey's Dad zips through traffic and does a screeching handbrake 180 into the parking lot all the while revving the engine. He then spins the car around once more as he hits the clutch and proceeds to hop out of the vehicle, vertical doors and all and tosses the cigarette to the ground, "Son! It's so good to see you, I just want to thank you and your "investors" for the car."

Sergey beams as smile back and scratches his beard, "you know what they say Dad", he chuckles, "you only raise money from the three Fs; fools, family and friends."

His Dad bursts into laughter and slaps his back as they begin walking along to the temporary Chainlink offices in downtown San Francisco. "But son, what will they say when you're spending so much money?"

"Well, I'm not spending the money" his son sheepishly grins. "The company is, based in the Caymen's, it's outside of US jurisdiction. We just vaccum up the money and drop it there, then we'll just keep piping it to you under your names so if they investigate me, they won't find anything. In fact, I haven't bought myself anything new, I still wear the same shirt day after day." He lifts up his jacket and the familiar plaid shirt is there.

"I see" his Father nods. "But you'll have to show, these i-investors, hahaha" he barely contains himself then wipes away a tear as he keeps laughing. "These investors, they'll want to see something."

"Easy. We hire temporary shills, well basically market promoters all across Asia and North America to keep marketing our token, it's an ever expanding market." And then, he pauses, "as for progress, we set-up some real easy APIs quoting prices and keep drawing out the timeline, so it looks like work is being done but it's not. We show up to some conferences and we never open up any offical offices, moving from here to there so that if anyone does come and knock, they'll see a bunch of wires everywhere and some weird programmers in the corner and then the next day, we just pick and move shop."

>> No.16695716

>>16695494
Strathvale House, 90 North Church Street, George Town, KY1-1102, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands

>> No.16695719
File: 179 KB, 640x454, 1569464231688.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Reasons why Link will fail

1. Zero customers, zero need. No one is going to pay for information to be inserted into a smart contract. That's what an oracle is supposed to do. The problem is a x100 calls costs a x100 times whatever Link charges. If you have to make thousands of calls, that's hundreds of dollars in Link tokens. If I were a dev, it would be much simpler to just make my own call to whatever data I needed.

2. Zero development, all marketing. Link has hired shills, link started on biz and Sergey himself got the inspiration to post, network with and contact people on biz. That's why begging is not allowed on biz, because after link a lot of other tokens tried to copy them. There's a lot of disingenuous shills saying that Link was only made for business cases and biz was never supposed to discover it. Quite the opposite, it was made first as a marketing token.

3. Deceitful. The Link team lies continuously; they'll attend a conference (SIBOS) and say they're partnered with Swift which is a banking protocol that handles these bank conferences, implying that they're going to handle data for big banks. They contacted the Google dev to make an offical blogpost and thus said that they're "partnered" when in fact, it's just a mention. They stretch the truth.

4. Zero transparency. Link raised 32 million in it's ICO. Since then, we have no accounting of their funds. They market dumped twenty to thirty million worth of chainlink (we still don't know the full amount) and never said a word about it. They're still dumping here and there, even larger amounts and believe they are free to do so at any time.

5. Cult-like behavior. 90% of the memes made by Chainlink pose Sergey as this kind of messiah. They encourage zero compromise grounds that anyone should sell their token. They encourage people to buy their tokens despite; mortgages, spousal issues and even when their "investors" are homeless they'll encourage people to buy more.

>> No.16695720

>>16695712
Theres no proof that is Sergey’s dad. Best I have seen is someone saying “dude, just look at him”.

>> No.16695733
File: 54 KB, 640x544, 1567806456745.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Much of that is actual token holders executing transactions because they want to pump their bags, so they execute small orders. Secondly, a lot of that is the actual heartbeat network, chainlink themselves running continual orders to "ensure" their network stays afloat, essentially make it a talking point like you have here. We know zero actual people use chainlink because there are NO DAPPS that actually use their service. Zero. None.

And there never will be, because the cost of using their API will exceed hosting costs such as AWS by many, many multiples. If they wanted to become like AWS for information retrieval in terms of cost, they would need tons of infrastructure which I haven't heard a single peep about. Just more useless marketing which devs, shills or however closely related you are to the team, post here.

The idea doesn't make sense. The service doesn't make sense. And even if it were to, the costs, gargantuan as they are, would not make sense for any company... particularly small startups with zero budget. This is why chainlink is so desperate to show some development by other tokens (the infamous MOAB deflationary token tweet) so that they can marketdump some more and continue their marketing.

Lastly, before I finish this proper spanking and send you home, the service you are referring to is just a contract side price query for Ethereum. Useless because I could do the same thing for ZERO cost with this,

https://api.coinmarketcap.com/v1/ticker/ethereum/

or

https://api.etherscan.io/api?module=stats&action=ethprice

Are you seriously telling me you retards spent over 50 million trying to do that? Create something which I can get a link for and execute immediately then send to a contract I control?

>> No.16695745
File: 81 KB, 624x810, faggot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Either one of these services cost zero unless I were to make many calls. Let's compare. It costs me about $600 to make 10,000 calls daily... for either one of those APIs... chainlink costs about I think a third of a token?

1/3 of Chainlink, let's give you guys the benefit and say it's $1.00, so about .33 cents. Let's round down more. 30 cents. It costs me 30 cents a call.

10.000 x .3 = $3,000 for one day

vs

$600 for one day

Let's pick the shortest month of the year, 28 days. So in 28 days it would be...

10.000 x .3 = $3,000 x 28 = $84000 (a dev's annual salary)

vs

$600 for one month

Hmmm. Even if they got the cost of their API down to a fifth (which they won't) and the PRICE WENT DOWN (contrary to what the holders want), it would still, NEVER BE AFFORDABLE

>> No.16695757
File: 110 KB, 1118x1109, photo_2019-12-17_18-37-32.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Chainlink from the get-go and even TEN years down the line from a business, dev and tech perspective is...

1. UNAFFORDABLE
2. USELESS
3. NOT NEEDED
4. OVER-ENGINEERED
5. LIMITED

Using an ON-chain API means, slower transactions due to querying data on chain. Extremely high costs. And if ever, ever, ever used it would be such a limited niche use-case that in most cases devs would create their own "oracle."

You guys have been suckered in for the greatest scam in probably the 21st century.

>> No.16695910
File: 342 KB, 1000x1000, 1577514402919.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16695494
>FUNNY NO ONE HAS HARD PROOF LINK IS A SCAM
funny how that works