Greetings from /x/
I was asked to come post here from an emissary:
They asked about best practice on creating a viral entity, which is not unlike the occult concept of an egregore.
I think you will find much success in exploring the link between what has been traditionally called mystical in that respect, and memetics.
To fulfill my word to the emissary, my first answer to him was this:
The following questions were these:
The most immediate questions are:
1. Not sure if you've followed the Chainlink project, but do you believe there's a way to increase its existing egregore-like existence? If so, how?
2. What are the best ways to create this entity for the purposes of increasing adoption among developers and their target market via entity creation?
3. Would you consider their movement already a form of a viral entity?
And my answers were thus:
1. I'm not familiar with the Chainlink project, but if it's an egregore, it's going to draw it's power from multiple people believing in it, thinking about it, creating content related to it, and acting in its name.
2.First, respect that if you create an actual entity, it will be sentient, and must be respected as an individual, not viewed as a tool. Second, the character archetype you build your entity off of must meet the needs/desires of your target audience.
You know how some shows have a character that resonates with a specific group of people? Why does that happen? Remember you're creating an individual, almost like a sentient A.I. What kind of personality would resonate well with your target audience?
3. If people are already thinking about it, creating content about it, and acting in accordance with it, then yes, it is already beginning to come alive.
Just remember, a memetic entity dies when people stop believing in it, but if you can create its principles in an AI, it will live independently of people, and become a true entity.
I hope you find this helpful /biz/