[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 74 KB, 724x724, wojak.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16555701 No.16555701 [Reply] [Original]

I'm not going to go off on a rant about the greatness of hunter/gather times because obviously things sucked for people then (get eaten by wolves, your best friend mauls you to death for your woman without hesitation, a common cold would mean you probably died, etc.) -- but I think we can all agree there is something attractive about the idea of going back to the roots of how we spend our daily lives, and doing something which at its core, is meaningful.

Problematically, most jobs now leave you feeling you're doing something relatively meaningless, because most jobs are so far removed from what's really important to us. Very few people have the luck of working a job that is also core to their identity. Survival is core to everyone's identity, which is why the idea of buying a farm and moving out to the country and living off your own land is romanticized so often.

But that's a fantasy -- it could easily be realistic, but that's not REALLY what people want. People want their cell phones, their Internet, their turbo jets, their Tik Tok, their hot water, their Starbucks. They just ALSO want something fulfilling that makes them feel less dependent on those things for their personal happiness.

And we all know none of that brings anyone true happiness. We all know it's the fulfilling-at-the-core thing that we're really missing, and no amount of goods or money will ever fill that hole. That's why so many of the richest people are so miserable -- they chased the idea they could fill the hole, and found they could not.

Discuss.

>> No.16555708

op is a faggot

>> No.16555735

>no amount of goods or money will ever fill that hole

to do something fulfilling-at-the-core you absolutely need money

>so many richest people are miserable
cope harder faggot

>> No.16555772

>>16555701
Take the Tedpill bro.

I believe that civilization is man's destiny, but I think there's no way freedom can be reconciled with technology.

>> No.16555854
File: 219 KB, 1011x1013, 1558045519495.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16555701
Man naturally seeks to own and control space. We were made to be outdoors not sitting behind screens under fluorescent lighting. Modern technology hacks your biology and exploits feedback loops to keep you addicted. If you set your phone to black and white you will notice you don't cling to it nearly as often. I have no idea about turbo jets. Tik Tok was created by ByteDance when they bought the floundering musical.ly and combined it with another Chinese company. My guess is that they are using the massive zoomer facial data sets to train the facial recognition software of their AI lab. According to wikipedia the AI research arm of ByteDance is headed by Wei-Ying Ma, former assistant managing director of Microsoft Research Asia. By extension this is just another tool that will be controlled by the Chinese surveillance state. I believe one of the most critical developments of the soaring 20's will be building technology that promotes digital sovereignty. Read Bronze Age Mindset. Lift. Invest in crypto. We need strong men where we're going. See you in the citadel anon.