[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 2.23 MB, 1574x876, inflation tracking.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16548796 No.16548796 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /biz/, after many years of prices seeming to rise far faster than the CPI says, I figured we should take it upon ourselves to see just how much inflation is affecting consumer goods.

Two months ago I started recording prices at the local Wal-Mart. On January 3rd I'm gonna go back and record them again, and report back the increases in a spreadsheet. Then I'll do it again April 3rd, then on July 3rd, and then on October 3rd again. Then we'll see how much prices are really rising.

Do your part /biz/. This isn't even a hard experiment to do, just get pen and paper and browse the local grocery store.

Yes I know my handwriting sucks, its hard to write in the grocery store when you dont have a clipboard.

>> No.16548821

CPI tracks the average.. if you live in an area that is expanding quicker than average, then inflation will occur at a higher rate..

>> No.16548872

>>16548821
You know nothing about economics.