[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 51 KB, 723x398, iq test.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16353767 No.16353767 [Reply] [Original]

Is chainlink a meme? Many anons saying to stack it and it seems like a good idea from my own research but I see a lot of hate towards it too? redpill me on chainlink

>> No.16353791

>>16353767
thats called fud, not hate. maybe you should spend at least one minute researching it? theres a think called the internet and youtube. anyway. smart contracts/blockchains have no way to securely input real world data into them, chainlink fixes this problem. hope you understand retard!

>> No.16353799

>>16353767
and please stop making this thread over and over

>> No.16353838

>>16353791
thanks fren

>> No.16353848
File: 1.87 MB, 2880x3710, EI2d9w4X0AIBAQb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16353767
What is Smart Contract Limited doing?

How will circulating supply be reduced beneath 350mil, what is Sergey going to do with those links?

What applications have been speed tested on the Link Network besides price aggregators? Republic Network is doing swaps and integrating blockchain functionality, what does Link actually do in practice thus far?

Where are the rest of the Oracle 50 startups?

Gravelcoin??

All we can do is wait, China soon

>> No.16353854
File: 310 KB, 800x1200, A4755BBF-DE05-48D7-97F6-E727F5220B93.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16353767

What is chainlink.

Fundamentally, I’ve noticed a lot of new posters in the last 69hr (SIXTY NINE) asking about Chainlink and just wanted to warn you. Chainlink is shilled HEAVILY here and it’s very hard to understand so this background is crucial to ensure you stay safe.

Basically, a bunch of RACIST WHITE CIS MALE 4channers tried to force it as /ourcoin/, during the presale ico phase of chainlink there was a minimum requirement of 300eth to enter the presale.

Coin continued to get shilled and pumped up and hyped for the sibios event that link was attended, whole event turned out to be a flop chainlink had a presentation in a room of like 18 people (IT WAS BESIDE THE FUCKING TOILETS FOR FUCK'S SAKES, YOU COULD HEAR THEM FLUSHING), literally no news or partnership came from the event.

Now during this alt bull run lots of anons and took advantage of this and shilling this coin to all the new money and newfags.
The coin is HEAVILY manipulated by a literal TRANNY DISCORD who pump and dump this coin more than their boyfriends pump and dump hot cum into their asses, and the supply is dried up from huge fucking chink whales (xi jinping is rumoured to hold link) who accumulated below ICO price to create a artificially lower supply.

In regards to actual project that chainlink aiming to achieve it's nothing more than a basic json parser (OH MY GOD ITS JSON PARSER...) for smart contracts (LOL HOW CAN A CONTRACT BE "SMART"???), would take like a day to add to ethereum by itself.. literally making links whole concept pointless and definitely no need for a token. You're literally just buying a wh*tepaper.

They only have 2 devs who are literal pajeets who are payed in big macs (non beef) and Surgay NAZAJEET is a literal psychologist (trusting a shrink? is he gonna tell us to go clean our room next?). So FUNDAMENTALLY, it's a scam, ok thanks.

Now go do the needful and fundamentally buy a real coin with fundamentals like [insert pajeet p&d #23457].

>> No.16353905

>>16353854
What have I just read?

>> No.16353910
File: 111 KB, 299x456, 1571150618487.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16353767

Before you buy, let me tell you a story.
I was visiting San Francisco to see one of my friends. We went to a strip club, and while I was there, I saw Sergey, surrounded by women. He was throwing tons of money at them, but not just bills. It was stacks upon stacks of $10,000, sealed up with the white paper bands, like he had just come straight from a bank.
I went up to him and congratulated him on the success of Chainlink as of late (this was about a month ago), and he started laughing. He took a hefty swig from a bottle of Dom Perignon, and said, "Yeah? You think I care, stinky?"
Confused, I asked what he meant, and said that he had obviously put a lot of work into LINK and he should be proud.
"Fundamentally, I don't give two fucks about Chainlink, kid."
He was about to say something else but one of the strippers tapped him on the shoulder. Sergey pulled out from his pocket the biggest ziplock bag full of cocaine I've ever seen in my life. It looked like one of those gallon bags, almost bulging at the seams. The stripper ran off into a back room with it.
He then pulled out a Zippo lighter.
"You wanna know what I think about Chainlink?"
He snapped his fingers and a stripper handed him a bottle of Hennessy. He then pulled about 20 stacks of bills from a duffel bag, threw them on the floor, poured cognac all over them, flicked his Zippo, and dropped it onto the pile. Almost instantly the whole stack caught.
I stared at him, speechless.
"It's called a 'PUMP and DUMP,' kid."
He laughed as he watched the pile burn before losing interest and going into a back room with his entourage of strippers following carrying duffel bags full of what I assume was money and coke.
This is the man you are supporting by buying LINK.

>> No.16354498

>>16353767
Ok, Anon. This is my good deed for today. I will redpill you.

When search engines first came out 99% of the people, internet users, investing public, didn't really understand the significance of what search portals wanted to do. Sure, they thought it was cool that they could search the world wide web for information, for data outside of their realm of thinking. It was a big deal but no one really understood how a company like Google or yahoo could profit. 99% of the world didn't understand the significance of Big data.

The same thing is happening with Chainlink. Most people that somewhat looked into LINK are saying to themselves..."thats pretty cool, they connect blockchains to real world data....pretty cool but..meh.. I don't see what the big deal is".

Really, the 1% (or even less then that) get it. Its about the Data. Real world data will be living in the oracle network. Anyone, anything, any contract wanting or needing real world truthful data will have to get it through Chainlink. Its that simple. Think now....

Google is one of the largest companies in the world because of big data, data analytics, etc... and they have built applications, advertising models, business models using their data as a starting point. Nobody understood it at first. Those that did are in the upper 1% of wealth right now.

Chainlink is the Big Data play in this space..but with a twist. it differs slightly then data on the internet. The oracle network weeds out false data.

Think now for one second. if Virtual Data online is worth that much that google is one of the biggest companies in the world. how big do you think Chainlink can be? We are talking about Real-world data, truthful data, trusted data. This is the key difference between what will be living in the oracle network and in the virtual world, the internet.

Chainlink is a deca-trillion dollar opportunity and there is nothing like it in this space.

>> No.16354546

>>16354498

And you'll also need a redpill on the the tokenomics of the LINK token.

1. Chainlink nodes will be paid in LINK tokens only. There will be conversion tools for people that want to use fiat but will be converted to LINK. at the end of the day only LINK tokens can power the network since the nature of ERC-677 token, built specifically for LINK, is to transfer data.

2. LINK tokens are used as collateral value. Smartcontracts will use Chainlink nodes that carry a % value of LINK to the value of the Smartcontract. So yes, you can start a node without LINK but no one will use it. High value smartcontracts or any contract that has value will use nodes that carry the same or a % of value of LINK.

3. Decentralized networks that are home to smartcontracts will need decentralized data to execute. Chainlink is currently the only option. Thats why you will see everyone in this space partner with Chainlink

So....

Smart contract creators will demand a certain level of reputation or amount of collateral, to be paid in LINK tokens, that suits the value of their smart contract. A $1million bond would require a lot more collateral, than, say a smart contract dealing with $100. You wouldn't select the low rep/low collateral available nodes for something like a huge bond. Chainlink is actually targeting these high value contracts. Sergey has discussed at length why high value contracts in the financial world require a decentralized oracle: it puts all the risk onto the oracle rather than the smart contract creator. The smart contract creator doesn't risk losing money - the node operators do, if they. The Chainlink network is genius like that.

There is infinite amount of collateral available because the token price can rise to meet it.

Now you have to research how large ALL these markets are. derivatives, insurance etc... hint: Trillions.

>> No.16354587

>>16354546

ChainLink is the only solution in play to move data on and off of the ETH blockchain and any other blockchain (yes, chainlink is blockchain agnostic).

With LINK holding a collateral value to the smartcontracts in use you can imagine now how much LINK can become.

It really is about the data and how much data is worth. Financial data, derivatives, weather data, sports data, friggin everything. Bascially an investment in LINK is an investment that monetizes Web 3.0.

>> No.16354596

>>16354587

So many applications will be built from Chainlinks oracle network. Honestly, i can't comprehend what or how. You just live long enough to know and see with your own eyes.

For example, the internet, who knew where it would be today? the websites, the shopping, all the cool stuff we have access to. We didn't know this in the 90s. All it was used for was chatrooms. Much like todays crypto, we really use crypto to trade tokens amongst each other and talk about it in chatrooms.

Another example, mobile phones. We used to have phones that fliped open and thats what people were excited for. We could finally call each other and make plans without having to use a payphone. 80s babies probably have never even used a payphone or dialed collect. Once 3g and 4g came out we all of a sudden was able to use the internet. but even that was different then the internet on our cpu at home. Think of all the applications that we use now on our phone. uber, twitter, maping services, waze, the play store, the apple store.

I mean, you can't predict what is going to be built on a network until its built. This is the same for the Chainlink oracle network. No one will be able to see what lies ahead. But the 1%, understand that it is important. It is unique and applications WILL BE built and used. The game has suddenly changed for crypto and the worl much like how the internet and 3g, 4g changed the game.

>> No.16354623
File: 48 KB, 916x786, LINKROI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16354596

In short,

- Chainlink is a much needed tech in order for smartcontracts to evolve from token trading (where we are now) to actual real world applications. Basically all the promises of smartcontracts changing our world can finally happen because of Chainlink.

- There have been many partnership announcements, the two most exciting are 2 of the top ten largest database companies in the WORLD, Google and Oracle. There are infographs circulating the web that can show you fully how many integrations there have been. Its the most impressive list of partnerships and integrations since Ethereum.

-The coinbase listing "legitimized" the project as we now know that LINK is not considered a security. Its legit so people fomoed in knowing now that the SEC has given Chainlink the greenlight. There are other reason Coinbase listing is significant but those reason will reveal themselves slowly within the next few months.

-The price hit a all time high of $4.58c. Amazing since this run started at about .17c in the middle of the bear market just last year

-The price ROI is so impressive you just need look at the pic posted. It is the #1 ROI in all of crypto climbing the chart all through the bear market. Think about that for a second. While all other cryptos were crashing. LINK was climbing

-Binance put out a report recently that it is the only crypto that it has decoupled from Bitcoin. Thats how important Chainlink has become. It is its own beast

-LINK is still in the very early stages. Almost every day there is a new partnership or integration. At a certain point, people have to ask themselves why and the only true answer is that it is the most necessary protocol for this whole space to move forward.

>> No.16354747

>>16354498
>>16354546
>>16354587
>>16354596
>>16354623

Imagine writing that wall of text, imagine, thinking all that for a stranger on the internet to read it and see what YOU see, thinking about all the time it took and the time you spent to formulate that idea and finally for someone on the internet to tell you that you are wrong and chainlink is a scam.

Wew lad.

>> No.16354769

>>16354747
it's a copypasta newfag lmfao

>> No.16354773

>>16354747
I read it. It was a good post.

You had 2 years incel tranny. Go be poor on r*ddit

>> No.16354789

>>16353905
A post someone wrote high on methamphetamine.

>> No.16354804

>>16354789
it's actually my edit of an older copypasta, and no i did not write it on meth
this board is really small kek

>> No.16354954

>>16354623
Honestly, Chainlink is in the middle of all of it. So, It no wonder Oracle and Google were the first to jump in.

Google can provide Companies more then simple financial statements and reports. They can provide forward-looking, predictive insights from a mountain of data that can help shape tomorrow’s business strategies and improve day-to-day decision-making in real time.

This can bennifit everything from marketing and human resources to manufacturing and the supply chain to provide analysis and adviceto boost profitability and drive growth.

because of its deterministic nature Smartcontract data offers a more rich and more relevant data.

Oracle offers finance professionals the tools they need to adapt to digital disruption. Oracle Analytics Cloud makes finance smarter, using machine-learning to find hidden patterns in data and remove any human bias from analysis, and employing modern cloud solutions for better contextual insight. It makes finance accelerate its time to insight, reducing reliance on manual iterative processes. It gives finance a deeper analysis than in the past, considering all available data, not only data that is convenient.

Oracle Analytics Cloud provides a better way of capturing,
analyzing, interpreting, and visualizing data—so organizations can take
advantage of new opportunities they might otherwise have missed.

This solution provides a dynamic, visual environment with embedded
machine learning to automatically discover and recommend new data
elements. This helps to uncover insights, trends, and correlations that may
not be readily apparent when staring at convoluted spreadsheets.

In addition, the storage of this data in a secure yet accessible cloud platform
simplifies the sharing of findings, encouraging easy collaboration across the organization.

Ultimately, this drives a better understanding of exactly what the data is
and can easily uncover hidden information that can make a real
difference to the business.

>> No.16354978

>>16354954

Oracle, Google and all the SAAS companies that integrate with Chainlink will be in a quid pro quo. They offer data through Chainlink and they also collect data .

They will know all the elements of who what where how young the entities/people are using this data and they will in turn monetize this information.

Its literally monetizing WEB 3.0. They are getting ahead of it by integrating with Chainlink.

>> No.16355781

only idiots buy chainlink. they operate in a tax haven and dump 700k/day.

Invest in XRP or BSV and thank me later...

>> No.16355791

>>16353791
nobody uses smart contracts so a problem does not exist

>> No.16355809

>>16354747
It's closing time, pajeet. You don't have to go home but you can't shit here.

>> No.16355896

>>16355791
they dont use smart contracts becaus they cant without chainlink and chainlink isnt finished, you fucking retard

>> No.16355924

>>16353767
Yr rly smrt
I shld knw what chink does

>> No.16356673

>>16354747
Holy shit go back.

>> No.16356695

>>16355896

>2 years

Nah, fuck off tranny you’re not gonna make it.

>> No.16356736
File: 1.27 MB, 2192x1022, fatboi WINS again and again and again.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16353767
its a literal pump and dump scam by discord tranny whales and devs that bought off the jannies so they roam free shilling 24/7/365 with 100s of LARP threads a day that never get pruned/deleted, should be in a containment general but like i said jannies and mods sold this entire board out to those faggot shills. All that happens is a steep pump and a slow bleedout dump thay tanks gradually over the course of months rinse and repeat. Meanwhile the shills keep shilling you to never sell while they sell on every new recent high and continue to sell until the next pump and dump.
Don't buy this scam shit and don't listen to the low energy shills telling you to buy it

>> No.16356856
File: 132 KB, 949x854, IMG_1669.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.16356907

>>16356736
>shills keep shilling
Faggot you keep shilling ZEC and it continues to dump. You missed out on cheap LINK and you're too fucking full of yourself to jump in now so you'll miss out again. Fuck you and your gold bug daddy issues, you are an absolute disgrace of a human being.

>> No.16356979
File: 217 KB, 482x272, based.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

be free
>www gravelgang, dot gov

>> No.16358068

>>16353767

Damn, nice thread

Bump for quality

>> No.16358096

>>16354747
Wow like ahhh yea like imagine actually making quality posts instead of destroying the board because you're still upset right wingers exist in the universe

>> No.16358106

>>16356695
>plebbit spacing
You'll never pass you disgusting creature

>> No.16358181

>>16353767
Just go read what the boomers at MIT and Forbes have said about it if you can’t understand the whitepaper.

>> No.16358249

>>16358181
Sauce?

>> No.16358306

>>16358249
https://www.technologyreview.com/s/612443/blockchain-smart-contracts-can-finally-have-a-real-world-impact/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/ktorpey/2019/07/04/with-all-eyes-on-the-bitcoin-price-another-crypto-is-up-over-800-this-year/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/hanktucker/2019/06/13/google-integrates-cryptocurrency-project-with-new-blockchain-oracle/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrynpollock/2019/07/02/is-google-chasing-the-90-potential-of-blockchain-that-facebook-left-out/
https://www.forbes.com/sites/billybambrough/2019/11/21/as-bitcoin-ethereum-ripples-xrp-and-litecoin-lose-billions-this-one-small-coin-has-more-than-doubled/

Here’s a taster to get you started.

>> No.16358325
File: 424 KB, 750x1334, 25EF03F3-C12D-4C03-9728-63CD6C71CAD9.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16358181

“We are going to co-develop Chainlinks with 50 qualified startups to prepare them to sell their data to Oracle’s 430,000 customers in 175 countries on the Oracle Blockchain Platform. The startups are going to be announced in Oracle Code One in September.”

Kek, never forget.

>> No.16358332

>>16358306

Have you seen the startup list? Check the sites for maximum kek
Agropacking Solutions (agricultural supply chain management)
AtCash (“trust networks” provider)
bluField (IoT beacon networks)
CashPundit (cash flow management)
Constellation Group (Web 3 venture studio)
Credits (blockchain for dApps)
Crowdz (payments platform)
CyNation (risk assessment platform)
DriveOn (auto insurance platform)
Gravel Coin (gravel supply chain management)
Insolar (blockchain solutions)
Ld8a (database solutions)
LotsApp (agriculture certification)
MaxCentive (incentive platform)
MonoChain (clothes reseller)
North East (data automation infrastructure)
Quant Network (network interoperability)
retraced (supply chain management)
Snapper Future Tech (blockchain solutions)
World Law (court evidence management)

Double kek.

>> No.16358381

>>16358332
I don’t know anything about most of these but OpenLaw is using Chainstink and they are really going to do well, Thompson Reuters is already working with them. Sergey is clearly following the spray and pray method with partners.

>> No.16358388

Fucking Linkers have ruining this board for 2 years straight. Of course it's a meme. Every fucking year it's $1K EOY, and it's only this year they broke $2, can't even stay above 3. It's not gonna be any different from other shitcoins' runs no matter how desperate the linktards are at trying to convince themselves otherwise.

>> No.16358433

>>16353767

https://www.docdroid.net/pYclqmb/chainlink-summary.pdf#page=4

pretty good write up on Chainlink

>> No.16358467

>>16358433

You know, something most have overlooked in respect to the derivatives counter asset argument: it will work JUST like it does now where the actual counter asset is a hedge itself BUT ALSO that if you want a derivative that is deterministic and backed by freely instantly auditable on chain assets (including fiat equivalents) you will have one option and it will have to flow through chainlink. So realistically everything will go asymptotically to its real risk/value with some carve out for the time dependency of money. Some portion of the increased utility and efficiency of that market will be the major determinant for the market value of LINK.

This is why we are seeing so many breadcrumbs of B2B applications happening behind the scenes with companies we have not yet determined to be true...yet. The auditable on-chain assets make Chainlink desirable to almost every corporation in the world needing this type of service.

>> No.16358635

>>16358306
Nice thank you

>> No.16358767

>>16358381
>I don’t know anything about most of these but OpenLaw is using Chainstink and they are really going to do well
no link to dapp.com/dappradar/etherscan? Thank you for confirming there's literally not a single dapp using Chainlink oracles in production.

>> No.16358771

>>16358635
All fake partnerships
>nobody can name a single dapp with users using Chainlink oracles in production
>(with proof link to dapp.com/dappradar/etherscan)

>> No.16358858

>>16358767
Like I said, I know nothing about most of the companies partnering but OpenLaw is going to seriously disrupt contract law and they view LINK as an integral part of their product.

>> No.16358877

>>16358767
synthetix is using chainlink oracles, they literally confirmed it not long ago
kek

>> No.16358968

>>16353905
>he read the whole thing
didn’t realize there were still nolinkers coming here

>> No.16359021

>>16358858
>1+ year test net
>5 months main net
no link to dapp.com/dappradar/etherscan? Thank you for confirming there's literally not a single dapp using Chainlink oracles in production.

>> No.16359076
File: 54 KB, 649x556, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16353767
Based Chainlink thread on CT

"The crypto that will achieve the largest marketcap will be the protocol that achieves the largest network effects

Chainlink connects ALL blockchains/disturbed ledgers to ALL external systems/data

The volume created will more than what any single ledger generates"

>> No.16359088
File: 78 KB, 518x627, EACA8445-F4D1-4D86-958A-69949D51A7A4.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/thread

This how you kill cancers

>> No.16359102

>>16359076
nulinkers desrerve the rope. Im glad you all are getting dumped on. See ya at 50 cents

>> No.16359143
File: 104 KB, 733x464, 1521557554242.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16354546
>Chainlink nodes will be paid in LINK tokens only. There will be conversion tools for people that want to use fiat but will be converted to LINK. at the end of the day only LINK tokens can power the network since the nature of ERC-677 token, built specifically for LINK, is to transfer data.
FAIL, ETH CAN'T SCALE FAGGOT, USE YOUR BRAIN
>>16354587
>ChainLink is the only solution in play to move data on and off of the ETH blockchain and any other blockchain (yes, chainlink is blockchain agnostic).
ALL THOSE TX WILL BE SETTLED WITH A LINK (READ ETHEREUM) TX ON THE ETH BLOCKCHAIN LOL
>Now you have to research how large ALL these markets are. derivatives, insurance etc... hint: Trillions.
LOL, GOOD LUCK

>> No.16359954

>>16359143

Threshhold signatures is chainlinks scalling solutions. Which means it's part of eths scalling solutions.

You might want to read up on the latest chainlink tech, idiot.

The iq on this board has plumeted. No wonder why everyone moved to twitter.

>> No.16360083

>>16359954
>1+ year test net
>5 months main net
>nobody can name a single dapp with users using Chainlink oracles in production
>(with proof link to dapp.com/dappradar/etherscan)
>Linkers: this is bullish!
KEK latest Chainlink tech

They've never implemented anything useful or used by anybody in production. Google's blogpost was on testnet and lasted 2 days

>> No.16360717

>>16353848
Damn Q is on /biz now