[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 33 KB, 600x434, Monopoly.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1624633 No.1624633 [Reply] [Original]

Hey guys lets have a little discussion...
What in your opinions are the best legit business rackets available.

>be me aged 27, own a 80k home and have a serious gf of 5 years but not married
>skilled laborer (welder/machinist)
>been saving, trading, investing
>don't want to be a wagecuck forever

So I am thinking, the best way to achieve upward mobility is to buy or start legit businesses. I want something that I can have someone else manage, and still receive a reliable source of wealth.

Do you have any suggestions? I've thought of opening a bar, because rarely do bars go out of business in my town, and I know they make steady money if you can keep clients. Buy a gas station? I think the first business I start will be the most important with the eventual goal of acquiring more and to stop working and simply manage my managers and trade all day. No restaurant headache shit just steady reliable rackets.

I have tried jewing the system in the past, sold mushrooms in college quite lucrative but illegal and a pain in the ass, ran a successful youtube channel that paid well until youtube went full jew in 2012, and also grew an acre of vegetables for 3 years and sold them at farmers market, although that was a giant headache, and you're a slave to market demands and the weather, but all that cash was nice and dodging taxes was kind of a headache, I made almost 20k cash my best summer. Now my savings is large enough that I'm doing okay trading but it still hasn't achieved a critical mass to where I don't have to work and theres always risk that I blow it.

So help me please if you have any thoughts/insights on the best type of businesses to own. Lets discuss

>> No.1624725

>>1624633
>bar
no way to compete
>gas station
Worst business, zero differentiation even possible

Real estate is good and passive

just start a contracting firm, doing welding. Ppl need that

>> No.1624853

>>1624633
>bar.

Only if u want to be married. To it...
Still tho. Hard to fuck it up.

Gas station. Have fun with the epa and shit. But i rarely see them fold unless they are dirty and over priced.

I ran a dump truck for a year and it sucked my ass.

Keep in mind that 90% of all business fail. But, maybe u wont have to make 10. How many people make all 10? Most try a couple times and wage cuck. You sound like you are on the right track. U would get some personal finance and investing books. And some books on writing a business plan if u want any medium sized bank to take u seriously.

Seriously cash out and buy silver bars or something till u study up. Business plan shit is like studying a fucking vcr manual. But i just take a lot of brakes and remember all the times i was standing on my head welding in the fucking snow like u. Its a rime investment to gtfo of wagecucking.

Any legit /biz with a need properly managed will do good.

Its a story old as time itself and u are on the right track.

If u have the stomache for it build businesses like u said and invest the profits in real estate. The tax law loves real estate. Banks love loaning on it. And if u dont want to unclog toulets u can get a quality property manager for day to day shit.

Other than that i dunno. Tryibg to get caught up and buy into an oilfield biz my buddy has.

Goog luck OP.