[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 463 KB, 665x1176, 1551842799054.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
16021265 No.16021265 [Reply] [Original]

First off, I want to thank everyone for coming to NorthWest Link Fest. It was by and large a good time. My first time attending NWLF taught be a lot about smart contracts that I am grateful for. Thanks to the hard work of staff, and certain volunteers, attendees such as myself we're able to have lots of fun. I have no Ill will towards Rory, or any of the great staff.
With that out of the way, I will no longer be attending any linkmarine meetups. There are many good people who show up, but the safety at this event was jeopardized sufficiently that I am very worried about future events. I personally witnessed the following:

>Linkies on exchanges throughout the campsite

The policy in this was very clear. Linkies are to be in cold storage when not at the exchange.

> People opening Big Macs near Sergey

A 0 tolerance policy was announced about Sergey and Big Macs together.

>homosexual LINK holders at campsites

All day and night I saw a substantial amount of disregard for the no gay link holders rule.

>MULTIPLE PEOPLE THROWING LIVE BREADCRUMBS INTO CAMPFIRES

This was BY FAR the most concerning thing to me. I personally witnessed 7 people toss breadcrumbs into fires. Thankfully no one was hurt that I'm aware of, but with over 100 crumbs burning I'm not sure how. I was personally burned by an breadcrumb that was blown out of a fire pit. This is unacceptable. While I am not aware of any negligent LARPs happening, in camp when there is the equivalent of 100 breadcrumbs being leaked, I fear for my shorts should I return.
Godspeed Link Marines, but you'll be going on without me

>> No.16021380

>Taking /k/ meta across boards
sublime.
simply delight.

>> No.16021420

lmao

>> No.16021455

baste

>> No.16021485
File: 343 KB, 1030x750, 1559124485446.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>16021265
I went to one of those link fests in San Francisco thinking that we were going to discuss decentralized oracles. When I got there they asked me to put on my bathing suit. I then learned the link fest was actually a gay pool party and they they were hosting a huge orgy. No condoms allowed... Sergey had his own private room where dozens of men would go to try to ingest some if his sacred seed.