[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/biz/ - Business & Finance

View post   

File: 13 KB, 223x226, 297D6A3F-B364-4922-BC81-B1ED78F74596.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
15952053 No.15952053 [Reply] [Original]

L-link IS dropping to below $1 right? Right? I still have time to accumulate a decent stack?

T. 300 linker

>> No.15952062

cringe: the post

>> No.15952077

>>15952053
We will be lucky if link ever drops below $2 again, only way that happens though is if btc actually drops to 6k.

>> No.15952081

>>15952053
pft.. faggot
i only have 84
get on my level

>> No.15952126

>>15952053
it's not like it's super expensive right now and you have financial responsibilities to tend to
just fuckin buy some more, idiot

>> No.15952138

$1.55 was the bottom, we're unironically never going below $2 again. We shouldn't have gone so low in the first place how the fuck we went under $2 is beyond me but look at literally every long term chart tool. We were over 50 cents under the 30 day MA for a week or two

>> No.15952139

>>15952077
You stupid fucking nigger retard it was a dollar fifty a few weeks ago when BTC was at 7.8 and can go back there at any minute . You are a stupid fucking short sighted retard and should kill yourself.

>> No.15952142

Jesus Christ you stupid fucks knew you were on a ticking clock. And you still played out the clock. You better buy whatever you can.

>> No.15952145

>>15952081
Count your blessings. I have 19.

>> No.15952147

>>15952138
Also, I bought more than 300 links just today and am a poorfag living at mommy's place. If I can do it you can too anon, not trying to dab on your stack but for the love of god get as many as you can before it's too late

>> No.15952170

>>15952139
lol gonna cap this for when staking is released next week and it goes to $3+

>you are a stupid fucking short sighted retard and should kill yourself

LOL

>> No.15952184
File: 4 KB, 184x184, 1561336195600.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15952170
Way to aim high.
Remember when we use to dream about 100x in a day?

>> No.15952200

Hey guys

I got 30k in my savings

What is link, why should i buy, and where can i buy- is it on Robinhood ?

What are the current pricss and what are your expectations

>> No.15952202
File: 104 KB, 1038x576, 64362.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15952184
oh we'll still get our 500x* just over the course of 2020 :)

in due time anon

>> No.15952205

>>15952053
dont worry its going to 30 cents

>> No.15952214

>>15952138
>We shouldn't have gone so low in the first place
yes we should've due to BTC. BTC is still king whether you like it or not. ETH had similar nasty retracements early on as well. it's simply the reality of alts.

>> No.15952215

>>15952147
>poorfag
>living rent free
>probably single with no kids
unlike the larping faggots, kids with rich parents, trust fund babies and single nerd STEM fags who make some decent money here on /biz/, some of us have families to support and can't afford to get into debt to buy digital currency in some stupid attempt to strike it rich

>> No.15952234
File: 28 KB, 619x453, 1561669456132.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15952202
No man. Every day lost is invaluable time wasted. Idk what everyone think is happening here. Were in the fucking end times. Theres not going to be a 50 years from now. Not like we think of the future normally. I want to enjoy as much of my life as I can before tptb decide to fuck everything up.

>> No.15952254

>>15952139
I am willing to bet money that you have less than $10,000 to your name and an IQ below 110.

>> No.15952257

>>15952215
My parents aren't nice enough to not charge rent but it's still less than my surroundings. paid $400/mo for the last two years for my room alone, paid my own phone, food, etc on top of that. As for kids and women, that's your decision to make so I'm not seeing what the complaint it.

We all make our decisions and have to live with them I only make $34K/y in a large city, maybe you should have sucked up the taunting from your peers and did the same thing I'm doing now? Also, if you weren't retarded and full of excuses you would know LINK is the best investment opportunity you currently have on the table.

>> No.15952262

>>15952053
this thread makes me feel blessed to have even 400

>> No.15952274

>>15952053
0 link now, I was the anon who dumped his sub 400 stack the other and crashed the price.
t. market maker

>> No.15952289

>>15952200
That get means I have to reply.

Link is blockchain middleware that connects real world data to blockchains. Currently blockchains are pretty useless besides making tokens that represent ownership and it’s really greater fool’s theory in action. ChainLink allows for smart contracts (contracts written in code on a blockchain that automatically execute based on conditional data) to be able to get data from the real world and thus expanding what a smart contract can do to beyond ownership contracts. Pretty much any contract in the real world can now be coded on a blockchain thanks to LINK. Blockchain and crypto will no longer be based all around hype and empty promises, and link will be the reason we move from the speculation phase to the adoption phase. Read the white paper if you aren’t technically illiterate and it will make more sense.

>> No.15952292

>>15952254
Im willing to bet you suck your own dirty stinky ugly dick off every night.

>> No.15952299
File: 39 KB, 480x910, 84A9730C-3206-4CE5-A8AC-DDF6CECB1B92.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15952053
I got 355. How fucked am I? At the rate I'm going I should be able to get 1000 by the end of the year assuming it doesn't moon, which it will. Dang it. I looked around to see if I applied for a loan doesn't seem like I can get accepted anywhere. So selling shit on ebay will have to do for now.

>> No.15952312

>>15952257
lol I say link wasn't a good investment
i said it's easier for you to buy it than it is for me, a man with a family to support who doesn't pay $400 to live in one of mommy's rooms
of course i slightly kick myself for not buying more link when it was 28 cents
but again, i had & have a family to support and bills to pay

>> No.15952325

>>15952292
not gona lie, this sounds pretty awesome

>> No.15952392

>>15952200
Link is essentially blockchain middleware that is going to connect large sources of data to smart contracts and create the network based off a system of trustless nodes that use the LINK token as collateral in case something happens to said contracts. If smart contracts take off anytime within the next few years LINK will have the first mover advantage. Think comparing google to search engines. Chainlink is the google of oracle data for now and the foreseeable future with major international companies announcing their enthusiasm for the project.

Also, do not use robinhood. They skim money off the top of all purchases as well as not allowing you to withdrawl crypto. I used robinhood when BTC was $5K but got fucked in waiting times trying to transfer to binance from RH --> bank --> wire to gemini --> binance.. Coinbase recently announced it will be increasing fees so use KRaken if you live in the US otherwise use Binance. DO NOT GET STUCK WAITING ON BOOMER BANK TRANSFERS. Take the hit and do a wire transfer, you won't want to be caught with your dick in your hand while link pumps another 50% because of someone else's incompetence.

>>15952312
You said "stupid attempt to get rich". Most people would assume you're belittling it. If you think we will hit $5 anywhere in the next year that's a 100% return which I don't think I need to remind you but that figure is more than 6X the rate most boomers brag to their friends about, you should be sucking sergey's virtual cock begging for a chance to buy LINK at $2.50 right now. Besides that however like I said, we all make our choices. Your choice was a wife and kids, my choice was to be alone and accumulate LINK while listening to people like you make sad attempts at belittling others on the internet.

Guess we'll find out in 5 years from now which was the better decision, good luck. I'm unironically rooting for you.

>> No.15952429

>>15952392
lmao holy shit i died reading this bc true.

>> No.15952472

>>15952392
well i certainly hope you are, i could always use the help, but fomo doesn't effect me much and im definitely not belittling link
i do however belittle those who brag about not having responsibility, can toss "fun money" around and rub their big stacks in others' faces, that's just faggotry
wife and kids was had before crypto was even a thing so there's nothing i can really do about that. my point is that it's not as easy for some of us to gamble on this shit, but I'm doing what i can and not only with crypto.
I'm sure it'll dip close to $2.00, maybe even lower
as to your first blog, do you think there is the possibility of a rival coin doing the same thing as link? say google got a hair up its ass and decided to turn on them and go in on their own.

>> No.15952517

>>15952472
>i do however belittle those who brag about not having responsibility, can toss "fun money" around and rub their big stacks in others' faces, that's just faggotry
Well like I emphasized before, it's entirely in the realm of possibility so again, don't think that what you're doing is somehow above others when it was your own life decisions. Nobody forced you to have kids or spend your time chasing women correct? I don't give a single fuck what other people do with their lives, it's irrelevant to me. Don't pretend that those "responsibilities" are a concrete fact of life that other people somehow weasel their way out of somehow though.
>as to your first blog, do you think there is the possibility of a rival coin doing the same thing as link? say google got a hair up its ass and decided to turn on them and go in on their own.
I have a WPM of 90+ so my apologies if all that text constitutes a blog to you, it took me all of a few minutes to think and type it out, as for other coins it might have been possible had said coins had the idea and have been in development as long as LINK. Like I said to the other anon it's about the first mover advantage. Obviously more coins will come after like RLC but the fact of the matter is that in the technology world 2 years is a massive fucking difference. Not only this but the LINK team is comprised from the industry's best and brightest.

Simply put, other coins don't stand a chance as far as market domination goes. It's the comparison between google and bing, or mcdonalds vs KFC if you will

>> No.15952525

>>15952053
If you didn’t get in around 20-30 cents, just let it go. Buy PNK

>> No.15952536
File: 267 KB, 627x450, 1562960233071.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>15952200
Link is a scam

>> No.15952584

>>15952517
good lord man you need to relax
stop taking so much offense, literally no one cares that you can type slightly quick
and good to know some tech giant won't just sweep in and pull the rug out from under link, i was always a little worried about that.
i feel like a dump is around the corner so after bills are paid i might buy a little more for peace of mind. at this point i think it's safer to hodl and accumulate rather than try selling what i have and buying back in, in the chance of a dump. it's just fomo at this point

>> No.15952618

>>15952584
I AM PERFECTLY CALM REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Nah but really I'm just responding to what you're saying out of sheer boredom because I have nothing else to do tonight. In any case I would have agreed with you that a dump to $2 was around the corner when we were at $2.90, and I even tried selling at $2.75 but got fucked by jewbase pro's retarded limit sell rules and missed my window so now I'm just holding for the next pump.

However, we've held this range and have even been pumping a small amount today, if you asked some TA fag they would probably say it's forming a bull flag or bull penant on the daily, and if we hit close to $4 it's the competion of a cup and handle. Last time we did that was between mainnet and the previous ATH resulting in the run to $5 in the first place. This being the case I can see LINK being worth $6-8 by january of next year at the latest. This is assuming organic price action with minimal announcements. If staking is announced and it's soon then you are going to see some serious shit. Don't forget the mainnet pump was from 40 cents to $1.40.

>> No.15952681

>>15952618
most of this is going over my limit of knowledge now, and this is what impedes me at making rash decisions.
first off, i have a few wallets but i have coinbase as well. i don't really use it much and i dont know what to expect should i need to suddenly sell
someone mentioned kraken but i haven't researched it
i also don't know wtf staking is and am entirely unapologetic for having such a newfag understanding of shit like that
i know a tiny about about charts but not cup and handle, that one eludes me for now

>> No.15952754

>>15952681
Well I'll just toss a few bits of info out there, do with them what you want. Coinbase starting sometime this month, I believe the 20th will be increasing their fee structure for pro from roughly .20% to .50% which is a significant increase. In their normal app they really fuck you over by not only adding about 1% or so to the amount you buy but on top of this the fee is close to 1.5% and changes depending on how much you spend. Kraken is currently the only other US based exchange offering LINK tokens, unless Binance US is up and running already. Kraken's fees WERE slightly more than coinbase at a ~0.24% or so. The maker/taker fees I'm telling you aren't accurate, they're to give a rough example of recent events.

That being said, the best option to buy LINK if you're a US resident would be a wire transfer to Kraken and purchase that way. As far as TA goes it's mostly a mathematical gauge of market psychology and generally used for large liquidity markets like stocks. For crypto TA DOES work, but it only works when there is absolutely no news. Due to the low volume all it takes is some well known twitter fag to namedrop LINK to make it rise by a good 10% or so. TA is a good indicator on general direction of the market, but an example of where TA completely fell flat on it's face is mainnet. Essentially what happened is mainnet was introduced, the price rose to the $1.30-1.40 range and dumped down to $.85. People were predicting the bottom to be around 50 cents however in a matter of hours it pumped from 85 cents to $1.80 because google dropped a potential usecase for LINK on their cloud service in conjunction with a blogpost from the link team themselves. This was the starting point to the rise to $5.

Cup and handle basically is when the high point of a price within a margin is reached, from there it usually indicates significantly more interest in the asset presumably because it was able to reach the same peak twice solidifying it's value

>> No.15952771

>>15952681
>>15952754
Cont.

Staking is essentially one of the endgoals of the LINK networks. The idea behind the tokens is that they will be used as collateral against the potential loss a smart contract data failure. The basics are that nodes get paid in LINK for providing data to the contracts and get a small cut. By staking your link you run the risk of losing it if the node you stake it in ever provides false data, but for the duration nothing goes wrong you will get a % return on your investment. There are still a lot of unknown specifics regarding staking including security, annual % return, market interest, etc. Depending on the annual return from staking and how secure it is combined with how much of a hold the LINK network / smart contracts have on the world as a whole the idea that LINK tokens will be worth hundreds of dollars in the next decade is actually very realistic.

>> No.15952824

>>15952754
>>15952771
now a lot more things make sense, thanks for the education anon
ill have to look into kraken more and WTing to it, perhaps if im just buying in from outside funds
im heavily considering selling half my small stack in coinbase now and buying back in when it dips, its very tempting right now.

>> No.15952829

>>15952824
Yer, also don't forget to DYOR maybe I mixed some lies in there to make you lose money. As for selling right now I really wouldn't recommend it but it's your money I guess

>> No.15952856

>>15952829
damn you beat me to a cheeky reply
i was gona say something along the lines of "also I'm going to do the exact opposite of everything you said" after you said you're welcome

>> No.15952879

>>15952214
What do you hold?

>> No.15952882

>>15952081
I only have 90